Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Kit for 16/17 Season

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I hope they have a shirt amnesty again soon. I've 2 waiting to trade in for a discount.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
image.jpeg

I assume that our new kit will be a Blue and White version of this new Barca kit as this template seems to be the popular Nike one for next season

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Oh - I will now learn to read properly and apologise!

However, just noticed that personalisation is randomly not there now which is odd. Not sure why I spend so long going through and thinking if I should buy anything else!

Lol, I send far too long on the shop website yet never buy anything. I always get kit for my lads but a football shirt is not a good look on a middle aged man. Any non-Nike clothing I've bought from the shop never fits properly!

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Lol, I send far too long on the shop website yet never buy anything. I always get kit for my lads but a football shirt is not a good look on a middle aged man. Any non-Nike clothing I've bought from the shop never fits properly!

Very much the same. A shirt for my son is always purchased normally with his name and age on the back (I have a plan of getting one every birthday and as he grows out of them I will frame them with a caption of what happened in the season)

I then spend ages deciding whether at 28 I can get away with wearing the shirt or if I should go for a polo, or just dress normally. Pesky football clubs, just as you get enough money to buy the merchandise society looks down on you for wearing it!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I then spend ages deciding whether at 28 I can get away with wearing the shirt or if I should go for a polo, or just dress normally. Pesky football clubs, just as you get enough money to buy the merchandise society looks down on you for wearing it!

As a middle aged bloke I gave up wearing the latest shirts years ago. I just wear polo, or retro. I like the old 70s Bukta, nice simple design and thick stripes, its timeless. Can't see meself buying a new shirt again.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
As a middle aged bloke I gave up wearing the latest shirts years ago. I just wear polo, or retro. I like the old 70s Bukta, nice simple design and thick stripes, its timeless. Can't see meself buying a new shirt again.

I think that is the route I will be going down. i have a club polo and loved the 00/01 shirt which I (luckily) bought a size or so too big so that may make a reappearance

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
That's your opinion which is fine.

I'd say that in the last 5 years, Umbro have put out consistently better kits than Nike across the board. Nike will give teamwear to all but the biggest clubs. Umbro use better fabric to create bespoke designs and in my opinion they piss all over Nike. They seem to understand what designing a decent kit for the players and fans is all about, rather than slapping a logo on a £15 teamwear shirt just to maximise profit.

Umbro keeps it simple and classy more often than not. PSV, West Ham, Everton, Hull and Derby all have very good kits.

That is why Nike Banned the club from Selling iron on or sewn on Club badge patches. To stop people just buying the Teamwear kit & putting their own badge on it. (As told by club shop)

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
So, the time has come to fork out £50 smacker-roos for a new shirt. Personally since we changed to "AMERICAN EXPRESS" sponsor I haven't purchased a home shirt due to the fact I'm not a fan of the cheap looking giant rectangular sticker across the middle. I did however purchase the away and 3rd strip last season (3rd strip will be burnt as I believe it is a bad omen (Cardiff 4 - 1 Brighton). As the individual sponsor letters look smart.

I've seen two pictures circulating on-line, one of which echoes from the 80's choice of strip. Big fan of the British Caledonian, Phoenix Brewery and NOBO kits.

View attachment 75161View attachment 75162

Are these real or someone having fun on photoshop?

Dull, dull, dull. From a distance of less than a yard they look like P*rtsm**uth, from more than a yard like any boring plain blue or white shirt. Stripes. Proper stripes. End of.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Keep the stripes ! !
My memories of playing in plain blue are mostly relegation battles ( apart from the Cup Final) Who wants to look the same as Leicester City, Chelsea, Everton and loads of smaller clubs?

We are Brighton and we play in stripes :albion2:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Our "normal" Blue & White stripes for me but from Adidas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here