Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Kit for 16/17 Season

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Those pics were shown last year and the year before
Would like that to be the new shirt though, both good designs

Yes I like them too. The problem will come though when we visit the likes of Sheff Wed (if they remain in the Championship), Huddersfield, and Wigan, when we will need a third strip.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm sure we can. Just need a panel on the back for the name/number.

Was it the first year at the Amex we had those yellow numbers on the stripes, made it totally indistinguishable :facepalm:

It was for Oscar Garcia's attempt at the play offs, our third season at the Amex.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Either of these would ding-dang-do nicely...
5dbc1975a89de75e9fec1378d5a25341_zps9zpe5uv1.jpg

Or
29882ac251ca6984ab72867a4b178c51_zpsfthukykc.jpg

We could be sponsored by SASTA instead of Deutsche Bahn :facepalm:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
133160.jpg

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Just because AMEX need their logo on a plain background doesn't mean the kit needs a separate 'panel' does it? The Brighton and Hove jobs one has stripes interrupted for the logo. Or is this beyond the slavers at Nike?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Just because AMEX need their logo on a plain background doesn't mean the kit needs a separate 'panel' does it? The Brighton and Hove jobs one has stripes interrupted for the logo. Or is this beyond the slavers at Nike?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Vaguely remember an article in which Paul Barber said this is something Nike will not be doing.

Wish they had asked the question before signing the agreement. I hate the stick on panel.

I like a few of the shirts shown in here but think once the panel is put on they will look utter gash.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I'm pretty disappointed we chose Nike to be honest but I can see why. That swoosh = SALES. it doesn't matter what the kit looks like, feels like or how many other teams play in the same strip. We've just got to lump it because kids love Nike. I'm a bit disappointed by that. Especially after having Errea - a manufacturer who made us unique kits when we were in the depths of League 1.

If I had to choose a kit manufacturer I think I'd go with Umbro. Blackburn have just signed a deal with them, so they must be financially viable at our level and they make really really great kits.

But I suppose in reality, the most important thing is that the club maximises revenue. All the while the kits sell like hotcakes, I can't see us changing to another supplier.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
So, the time has come to fork out £50 smacker-roos for a new shirt. Personally since we changed to "AMERICAN EXPRESS" sponsor I haven't purchased a home shirt due to the fact I'm not a fan of the cheap looking giant rectangular sticker across the middle. I did however purchase the away and 3rd strip last season (3rd strip will be burnt as I believe it is a bad omen (Cardiff 4 - 1 Brighton). As the individual sponsor letters look smart.

I've seen two pictures circulating on-line, one of which echoes from the 80's choice of strip. Big fan of the British Caledonian, Phoenix Brewery and NOBO kits.

View attachment 75161View attachment 75162

Are these real or someone having fun on photoshop?

Awful. Hated that kit from the cup final years. Just looks all blue from a distance. Like Chelsea or something. KEEP THE STRIPES.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
If I had to choose a kit manufacturer I think I'd go with Umbro. Blackburn have just signed a deal with them, so they must be financially viable at our level and they make really really great kits.
Are you having a giraffe? I went on a strike of buying England shirts under the Umbro era until Nike became the manufacturer.

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
I'm pretty disappointed we chose Nike to be honest but I can see why. That swoosh = SALES. it doesn't matter what the kit looks like, feels like or how many other teams play in the same strip. We've just got to lump it because kids love Nike. I'm a bit disappointed by that. Especially after having Errea - a manufacturer who made us unique kits when we were in the depths of League 1.

But I suppose in reality, the most important thing is that the club maximises revenue. All the while the kits sell like hotcakes, I can't see us changing to another supplier.

You've just said Blackburn and financially viable in the same sentence.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here