cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

stupid broken attachments

bha.jpg

BarnhamBlue

Feb 15, 2012
Yapton
Maybe now is the time to do a Southampton, i.e. move away from the stripes? An all blue shirt, something like our cup final kit, could be an option???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As Nike also make a fair bit of cycling/gym/base layer clothing, I'm hopeful to get some Albion designed items for those. Especially a cycling top - something like the one Nike make for Barca - that would be fabulous. View attachment 52171

there was a cycling shirt in the Queens Road store last time I was there. Looked pretty good as well.
Unsurprisingly the 'geeks' were all over this, when they arrived in stock.
Sadly for the club it was a bit of a thumbs down from us.
A stripped lyrca jersey is tough to pull off at the best of times, blue and white (with black shorts) doesn't make it any easier.
Although there was some nice touches.

So here it is. The BHAFC top.

I'm in two minds to be quite honest.

£49.95View attachment 49488View attachment 49489

Anyhoo this lead onto a few design templates being crudely mocked up.

Blimey, great site.

I've just redesigned the image onto 5 other kits, in about 5 minutes.

Prepare for an onslaught of jerseys. :lol:

View attachment 49448

View attachment 49449

Something like what Pogue was on about
View attachment 49450

One for Hamilton
View attachment 49452

Why our kit doesn't seem to work
View attachment 49453

Not forgetting BavarianStandChat's jersey

Saving the best till last

View attachment 49455

White was requested

I wonder how the jerseys came about.

Did the club source a specific jersey, or did Scimitar :shrug: arrive with a production run, before heading off to the next club.

Spot the man with a new toy

View attachment 49460

View attachment 49461

[MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] will not rest until I have commissioned a tidier version of blue with single white side stripe.

I fear if he ever channels his inner Tony Soprano, one day I'll be sleeping with the fishes.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Do you really believe that?
BHAFC Ltd is a business,
they can make more money from a Nike deal which enables the club to perform at a higher level and remain competitive.

Yes.
Yes.
Really? Any better deal will be at a cost (doesn't matter which company we use) - mainly to supporters who will be expected to renew their shirts each season. The clincher is just how much each company will pay us up front. Nike obviously have the money to put most on the table, but I don't think fans will be impressed by the retail price of their shirts.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Unsurprisingly the 'geeks' were all over this, when they arrived in stock.
Sadly for the club it was a bit of a thumbs down from us.
A stripped lyrca jersey is tough to pull off at the best of times, blue and white (with black shorts) doesn't make it any easier.
Although there was some nice touches.

Anyhoo this lead onto a few design templates being crudely mocked up.

Not forgetting BavarianStandChat's jersey

White was requested

[MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] will not rest until I have commissioned a tidier version of blue with single white side stripe.

I fear if he ever channels his inner Tony Soprano, one day I'll be sleeping with the fishes.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

But yes, that would be class.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I'd like to add that I'm looking forward to, hopefully, being able to purchase Albion clothing where the manufacturer's logo is discreet, and not ten times the size of the team logo. That's put me off so many purchases, e.g. coats with a subtle Albion logo and then finding 'Errea' in ten-inch high letters across the back and down the sleeves.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but in the ask the club section, Insider has confirmed that we will have a new kit every year. I'm not sure I like that.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but in the ask the club section, Insider has confirmed that we will have a new kit every year. I'm not sure I like that.

That's OK, at least you can plan ahead. Look at the stripey Nike tops the big teams have around the world, and you'll have a good idea what our shirt will be the following season.

Also, I think the customer base will be smaller with Nike replicas, for price and ethical reasons, so by changing them every year those who do continue to buy them will buy every year rather than every other year.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

I guess it's just another way for the club to make more money, and use FFP as the excuse for it.

SussexSeagullsFan

Seagulls 4 Premier League
Mar 23, 2014
http://www.northstandchat.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=52138

Would be my ideal shirt, I think. Wide blue and white stripes, one sided, block colour sleeves or a single stripe going round it. I'm with others on here I don't think there should be any yellow in it really, maybe a few gold accents like the 11-13 shirt, maybe the swoosh could be gold, and maybe the Amex logo, that would be striking. I'm not a big fan of stripes down the arms if I'm honest, though.

Re bespoke kits vs templates, I think the seagulls site said that we are most likely getting a unique kit, which I agree would be nice.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Seemingly further confirmation via Paul Barber on Seagulls Player that it will be a bespoke kit.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
stupid broken attachments

bha.jpg

In his interview, Paul Barber said there is a definite nod to history in the design. If this is isn't a nod to history, I don't know what else is.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Fascinating to hear Paul Barber talking about the other elements to the deal, such as the business model for the away kit, and also the footwear agreement for the academy players. Perhaps that's a standard agreement with other clubs, I have no idea- but it just seems like such a great concept, and avoids marginalising kids from lower income backgrounds

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here