Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New kit, any point?

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
If anyone wants this years (medium) away shirt for £30 they can have it. I've bought it and, as usual, haven't worn it.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We've all known the new kit manufacturer would start next season for at least 2-3 years. Was mentioned and discussed when the LAST kit was announced.

Yes it sucks but since they've done such a 'google' job of the new kit I'm amazed anyone has bothered to buy

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
You can pay for it £1 a week and get Seagulls lottery tickets as well for that price. If anyone has a link, please add it to this thread.

(Personally, I buy the shirts when they are clearance items, and prefer to wear the retro items).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought at one point the 'merry go round' of kit changing had been investigated, and teams had been instructed that they could only change them every 2 years.

Hate the away kit anyway. Green and Black or Red and Black every time.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I thought at one point the 'merry go round' of kit changing had been investigated, and teams had been instructed that they could only change them every 2 years.

Hate the away kit anyway. Green and Black or Red and Black every time.

The changing of kit every season is not a new phenomenon. In the 1970s, the Albion home kit changed in some way every single season.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It's all very rip off-ish.

no, not telling us would be a rip off. this is honest, you have a choice: get the latest with full knowledge it'll only be the kit for a year, or pass on this one.

no-one is forced to get every kit, and i notice alot of the older kits in Brighton crowds so i dont think its nearly as big a deal as some like to make out.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
God people will moan about anything. If you don't like it, can't afford it or think its bad to pay money towards the club you support then don't buy the damn thing it really is THAT simple.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
You can pay for it £1 a week and get Seagulls lottery tickets as well for that price. If anyone has a link, please add it to this thread.

(Personally, I buy the shirts when they are clearance items, and prefer to wear the retro items).

Really?? Never heard of that before

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Yes cos the away kit is nice, and apparently you can still wear or next year or even for many years to come...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Shit. I'm on my way to Leeds and didn't realise I had to be wearing this season's replica shit. Will they still let me in?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
It's £39.99 with 10% cash back actually... Not so bad!

edit: I mean PLUS 10% cash back.

No it's not!

There's no cash back on merchandise any more.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Considering recent kits have lasted a couple of seasons, they're not trying to fleece fans with a third kit and this years one off is due to the circumstances of changing sponsor and manufacturer, I think it's a bit harsh to have a pop at the club over this.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
That's how I got one of my shirts last season, yet to win anything on the Seagulls Lottery though.

Oh right, didn't see that then. I've signed up to the lottery but no shirt for me!, can i ask for it then? (won £20 so far though)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here