Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New kit, any point?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Not sure it did that much between 75 and 79 other than Bukta maufacturing.

Off the top of my head;

1975/76 white kit dropped. Blue and white stripes return with Umbro logo.

1976/77 Bukta replace Umbro logo on shirt late on in season. Some unbranded kits as well.

1977/78 Classic blue and white kit with white sleeves and buks down sleeves

1978/79 Open collar replaces closed collar

1979/80 Blocky numbers on the back replaced round numerals.

I'm sure Superphil may be able to concur or disagree. Yes, I'm a shirt geek (although not a full kit wanker!!!)

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Off the top of my head;

1976/77 Bukta replace Umbro logo on shirt late on in season. Some unbranded kits as well.

I'm sure Superphil may be able to concur or disagree. Yes, I'm a shirt geek (although not a full kit wanker!!!)

Concur. 4 different kits in that time, 5 if you include the 2 different Bukta shirts worn at the end of the 76/77 season.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
You can pay for it £1 a week and get Seagulls lottery tickets as well for that price. If anyone has a link, please add it to this thread.

(Personally, I buy the shirts when they are clearance items, and prefer to wear the retro items).

I think that was just last year as they had a fµck-tonne of stock to shift.

Joe Pineapples

Mar 28, 2010
Brighton
As others have said, when Adidas comes along, you can guarantee a new shirt (or two) every season, like the model most other clubs adopt. So it comes down to whether you like it or not. People seem to vent bile every time they see this year's shirt. I think it's fine.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
As others have said, when Adidas comes along, you can guarantee a new shirt (or two) every season, like the model most other clubs adopt. So it comes down to whether you like it or not. People seem to vent bile every time they see this year's shirt. I think it's fine.

I don't see any reason why we will start changing kit every year, just because we change to another supplier, most clubs outside the top teams in the UK keep their kit for 2 seasons, regardless of who the manufacturer is.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I'm not fussed who's going to be supplying us if I'm honest. Yes Errea have been good for us, and I have a few shirts from over the years - but then this years effort was a complete let-down in my opinion & I haven't bought either of them. I support the Albion, not a brand, and will wear the shirt regardless of who produces it - if I like it. If its going to be Adidas I think they'll do a decent job for us....as will anyone else if they get the contract.
I'll be pretty happy with something like this....but if its crap I'll just dig out the old shirts & save my money - not a problem.

dynamo-kyiv-away-2.jpg

Last edited:

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I have brought the new shirt, and had the 10% discount. It would appear you have to put the money on the card first, then pay for the shirt that way, and then the discount is put on the card. I personally quite like this as now and again I get a free round of drinks or t-shirt.

i have heard that there is no discount at the kiosks in the ground any more when buying beer etc, and has anyone else heard this?

I also seem to have to buy the new shirt after a couple of years as mine seem to get "bobbles" and snagged threads on them once the two years are over. but the last season I have also brought the long sleeved cotton Butka replica shirt, and the shot sleeved nylon replica effort, which are better made than the modern counterparts.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I have brought the new shirt, and had the 10% discount. It would appear you have to put the money on the card first, then pay for the shirt that way, and then the discount is put on the card. I personally quite like this as now and again I get a free round of drinks or t-shirt.

i have heard that there is no discount at the kiosks in the ground any more when buying beer etc, and has anyone else heard this?

I've had a letter today from the club with my wallet for my season ticket (what a waste of time & money)

The cash back has become very complicated now.

At the kiosks

Gates open to 90 mins before ko 15%
90 mins to 30 mins before ko 10%
30 mins before ko 5%
ko to full time zero
Full time + 30 5%
Full time + 60 10%
Full time + 90 15%

The retail cash back will no longer be available for all matches. Instead cash back for merchandise sales will be product or match specific so look out for details across all media channels.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Off the top of my head;

Absolutely awesome! I stand corrected.......... :lolol:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
So, are you suggesting I'm the Full Kit Wanker? :(

:lol::lol:

Wouldn't dream of it, Phil, although I'd appreciate your thoughts on Full Kit-ism ;)

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Yes cos the away kit is nice, and apparently you can still wear or next year or even for many years to come...

This for me , and even despite moaning about the new home shirt I STILL bought one on the first day it was on sale :blush: I'm not exactly helping the matter.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
For me, I bought it for £35 (with the 10% Amex discount for being staff and 10% back on the card) using the following logic:

I play football once a week and go to the Albion once every two weeks and I use the shirt for both, so over the course of a season (say 25 homes games and 46/50 5-a-sides) that means that I'm going to wear it near on 80 times. As value for money, I see that as very good indeed.

It may seem steep for a one-off buy but the likelihood is I'll wear it more than any other item of clothing and given a decent work shirt is £30-£40, I am pretty happy to pay for something that works out at approximately 50p per wear.

That said, I appreciate that some people won't use it as much as I do and if the value for money isn't good enough, don't buy it!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
The 10% discount is gone now.

From the email sent
"Meanwhile, from Monday 12th August, non-matchday e-cash purchases in the Seagulls Store and Dick's Bar will no longer earn cashback."

Does that mean the cashback is available, but only on matchdays?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here