Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Keeper

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Brezovan is shit and ankergren can't catch a ball to save his life. We need 2 new keepers or there will be a lot if mistakes happening like last year. Although thankfully last year the other 10 players saved the day. Don't think the championship will be that forgiving.
Twat.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I think Caspers a class act, and an excellent keeper for us. Sure he has his faults, crosses being the main one IMO, but he did improve towards the end of the season, and I think he's more than good enough for us this season.

Big Pete on the other hand..... I stuck up for him last season, but I think Tottenham was the final straw for Gus, and I think he'll be moved on.

Where as Casper is 100% the right choice for the way we play, Brezovan is not. In the first half yesterday, did anyone else notice Bale getting pissed off, when we were basically taking the piss out of Spurs by knocking the ball around? This all starts from Casper, whereas in the second half, that passing game wasn't there, mainly because Brezovan isn't capable of playing with the ball at his feet, unlike Casper who is totally at ease playing this way. Brezovan was like that last season as well. When Casper wasn't playing, the passing game seemed to go missing for the most part.

I think Brezovan is a very good goalkeeper, definatly excellent backup for a championship club, or 1st choice in league one. Unfortauntely for a team like us who whole game is built on playing the ball out from the back, he painfully doesn't fit in, now matter what his main goalkeeper abilites are. Forget about the third goal yesterday, that was just a complete nightmare moment for him, but before that and after that, he looks completely uncomfortable with the ball at his feet.

I don't think Gus has a choice now, other that to move him on. I think if he doesn't and Casper gets injured for more than a game or two, Lord Poyet will sign a loan keeper, as Brez is not the answer to our keepers shirt, for more than one game, and I get the feeling, Poke is only there as back up to the back up keeper, and would never start a game.

In fact I believe if the 5 sub rule was brought in, when it should have been at the end of last season, Poyet would not have signed Poke back on.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
For having a different opinion to you? Grow up pal.

Not at all. I would never call anyone a twat for having a view different to mine.

What I would call someone a twat for is making a comment like "Brezovan is shit and ankergren can't catch a ball to save his life."

So... again.... You TWAT

I got stick for having harsh views on Ashley Barnes last season. I explain them over and over again.... PAL

So, PAL, explain your views a bit deeper can you?

1) Brezovan is shit

and 2) ankergren can't catch a ball to save his life.

Because it thats your argument and debate, then you are a TWAT... pal.

Also from your well thought out comment, I presume you think Poyets a shit manager. How could he be anything else, if his number one choice goalkeeper can't catch a ball, and his back up is shit.

As I said

TWAT

D

Deleted member 18477

Not at all. I would never call anyone a twat for having a view different to mine.

What I would call someone a twat for is making a comment like "Brezovan is shit and ankergren can't catch a ball to save his life."

So... again.... You TWAT

I got stick for having harsh views on Ashley Barnes last season. I explain them over and over again.... PAL

So, PAL, explain your views a bit deeper can you?

1) Brezovan is shit

Because it thats your argument and debate, then you are a TWAT... pal.

Also from your well thought out comment, I presume you think Poyets a shit manager. How could he be anything else, if his number one choice goalkeeper can't catch a ball, and his back up is shit.

As I said

TWAT

jesus christ dont cry about it. tissue?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Oh dear indeed. Someones been on the turps tonight. Good replies.

Shame you can add to the debate other than call someone shit. But I suppose with an IQ of 3, its hard to type more than one line

1) Brezovan is shit

Because if thats your argument and debate, then you are a TWAT... pal.

Awaits pointless wittless and clueless one word/line reply

D

Deleted member 18477

Oh dear indeed. Someones been on the turps tonight. Good replies.

Shame you can add to the debate other than call someone shit. But I suppose with an IQ of 3, its hard to type more than one line

1) Brezovan is shit

Because if thats your argument and debate, then you are a TWAT... pal.

Awaits pointless wittless and clueless one word/line reply

this has to be a joke account right? you've said brezovan would be an excellent back up keeper for a championship team and then stated that his mistake against spurs would be the final straw for poyet and he'll be on his way out shortly? why the hell would poyet get rid of an excellent back up championship keeper? you dont even make sense. brezovan is shit. he fills me with no confidence whatsoever in between the sticks. i'll give him a tiny amount of credit for his shot stopping reactions but thats about all he has IN MY OPINION. hes not great at collecting the ball in the air (stoke last year proved that) and is useless on the deck (which is the way we play - therefore no good to us)

ankergren is good on the deck (except his kicking when hes put under pressure) but isnt he meant to be able to use his hands as well? a keepers main objective is to stop goals. that includes leaping above defenders using his hands to collect dangerous crosses when possible which he fails to do. again hes ok at shot stopping but as a defender i certainly wouldnt be confident with either keeper behind me. again MY OPINION.

if poyet chooses to use ankergren (most likely) or brezovan then fair enough. but i'll be shitting my pants everytime that ball goes near our goal.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
this has to be a joke account right? you've said brezovan would be an excellent back up keeper for a championship team and then stated that his mistake against spurs would be the final straw for poyet and he'll be on his way out shortly? why the hell would poyet get rid of an excellent back up championship keeper? you dont even make sense. brezovan is shit. he fills me with no confidence whatsoever in between the sticks. i'll give him a tiny amount of credit for his shot stopping reactions but thats about all he has IN MY OPINION. hes not great at collecting the ball in the air (stoke last year proved that) and is useless on the deck (which is the way we play - therefore no good to us)

ankergren is good on the deck (except his kicking when hes put under pressure) but isnt he meant to be able to use his hands as well? a keepers main objective is to stop goals. that includes leaping above defenders using his hands to collect dangerous crosses when possible which he fails to do. again hes ok at shot stopping but as a defender i certainly wouldnt be confident with either keeper behind me. again MY OPINION.

if poyet chooses to use ankergren (most likely) or brezovan then fair enough. but i'll be shitting my pants everytime that ball goes near our goal.
Oh dear. You really are not that bright are you. Is your account a wind up? Can someone really be that thick?

Again, good summing up of Brezovan as "shit" Well done.

If you wasn't completely thick, you would have read the point, while I think he's would be good back up for championship, or starter in league one for most clubs.... he is not good enough to play for a team that plays out from the back as we do. Not all teams, in fact very few in league one, play from the back as Brighton do. Brezovan would make a good keeper for a side like that.

But ask him to play the ball out from the back, and he's not capable of it, and I think he knows hes not capable of it, and loses confidence and becomes a liabilty, but it doesn't make him a bad goalkeeper, just not the type that fits into our way of pay.

Is it really that hard to understand? Mind you thats a silly question to ask of someone who can only describe a player as "shit".... ffs you even say in your reply he's no good for us due to the way we play!!! I've been had aint I? You're Jeremy Beadle on a wind up back from the grave. Go on, be honest, tell us.....

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Oh dear. You really are not that bright are you. Is your account a wind up? Can someone really be that thick?

If you wasn't completely thick, you would have read the point, while I think he's would be good back up for championship, or starter in league one for most clubs.... he is not good enough to play for a team that plays out from the back as we do. Not all teams, in fact very few in league one, play from the back as Brighton do. Brezovan would make a good keeper for a side like that.

But ask him to play the ball out from the back, and he's not capable of it, and I think he knows hes not capable of it, and loses confidence and becomes a liabilty, but it doesn't make him a bad goalkeeper, just not the type that fits into our way of pay.

Is it really that hard to understand? Mind you thats a silly question to ask of someone who can only describe a player as "shit".... ffs you even say in your reply he's no good for us due to the way we play!!! I've been had aint I? You're Jeremy Beadle on a wind up back from the grave. Go on, be honest, tell us.....

I have to agree with Mr B on this, brez could be a good keeper but not for the way we play out the back and I think he we would struggle if Casper got injured.
I believe that Casper is underated as he fits into our style superbly. He did make a couple of howlers early last season but I thought he was very safe in the run in and kept us games we won 1-0 in March! He isn't great with crosses but show me a modern keeper ( that we could afford) that is? Keepers just don't command their box like they use to, maybe it's because the ball these days flys around all over the place. Personally I am more then confident with Casper in the sticks!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I agree Brezhnev isn't up to the job, we need a solid youngster coming through with an experienced No 2, Brezhnev doesn't fit into either category at this level.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
so what some seem to be saying is, Ankergren is a good player if what you need is a sweeper who can double as the keeper?

i thought both were shown up Saturday and they weren't too great last season either. alot of protection from the defence hides their basic flaws, Ankergren's cross handling being of greatest concern. beat the defence with a decent cross/freekick and the keeper isnt going to be helping much.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
so what some seem to be saying is, Ankergren is a good player if what you need is a sweeper who can double as the keeper?

i thought both were shown up Saturday and they weren't too great last season either. alot of protection from the defence hides their basic flaws, Ankergren's cross handling being of greatest concern. beat the defence with a decent cross/freekick and the keeper isnt going to be helping much.

I agree with this with the exception of the bit about last season. Ankergren had a poor start but became an integral part of the way we play. In particular, he was exceptional in magical march.

Although his ability to deal with a cross sometimes leaves me truly terrified, how many of our goals started from him? I'd guess, quite a few.

D

Deleted member 18477

Your crying about it again. It's my opinion. If you don't like it or share the same one that's fine but pull yourself together and stop wining like a baby about it and trying to be all smart because you sound like a total dick!

D

Deleted member 18477

We need a new no1 Casper is not good enough for the championship

Careful. Mr Burns will try and have you as well for not explaining yourself haha

Last edited by a moderator:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
By all accounts in training Poke looks to be the best keeper we have but I am sure I read that he is being talked about as going to either Oxford or another club in that division but not sure which possibly Wycombe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here