Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

D

Deleted member 18477

teams do do this sort of stuff. but green? hmmm GREEN ARMY! GREEN ARMY! haha

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
i fell for this when i first read the article! well done club.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I fell for it and it pissed me off as I was thinking I've waited years to see the stripes at a new ground and we're
going to look like Plymouth - doh!

D

Deleted member 18477

if it is a joke, its not a very funny joke is it? i'd think it was a joke if they said we were wearing pink next season, but green to mark the first season of our new stadium with the first colours ever worn by Brighton.. sounds legit.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
if it is a joke, its not a very funny joke is it? i'd think it was a joke if they said we were wearing pink next season, but green to mark the first season of our new stadium with the first colours ever worn by Brighton.. sounds legit.

Like Arsenal moving into the Emirates, they wore their original colours.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm getting too old and cynical, I thought it was a joke straight away. I'm turning in to Victor Meldrew :nono:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Didn't we think the away end with it's changing colours for the away team last year was an April fool as well.

D

Deleted member 18477

Like Arsenal moving into the Emirates, they wore their original colours.

and like SCC this year. Their kit this year was their first ever kit they wore (club was called St Mary's YMA at the time).

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking

To make a possible April Fools joke stick it has to have some semblance of plausibility to it. If they'd flagged up a pink kit we'd all have known in a heartbeat that it was a wind up. Just changing that to green is enough to make you think "maybe". Took me a couple of minutes to remember the date. I can't see the kit turning green straight after they've spent millions in lovely blue padded seats and a blue roof. It's a wind up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports