Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New football offside world record set by Brighton ?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Surely Barnes was offside for our opener. Watched it again earlier. The ball was played forward and he looks at least a yard off.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
if you watch the video and the at the end it says derby offside 0

Jinx :dunce:

Surely Barnes was offside for our opener. Watched it again earlier. The ball was played forward and he looks at least a yard off.

Pretty sure he was in line with Lopez, so onside regardless of the defenders' positions.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The thing I found funniest was that Barnes rushed out too when he was nowhere near the action.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
As much as I love the flair, looked at it a few times tonight and the player it goes to (ward?) is actually one of the deepest derby players, reckon it could have been very very close.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It's also on the Seagulls Player highlights.

Dec 29, 2011
As much as I love the flair, looked at it a few times tonight and the player it goes to (ward?) is actually one of the deepest derby players, reckon it could have been very very close.

I agree, I think the lino just flagged for the sake of it, one of them must have been interfering with play at some point and he's not going to take stick for making a very brave decision that can't be backed up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Even the ref went early.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On average, our opponents are caught offside once every two games.
Is it just me that you follow around hitting with stat facts, or are there others?

I don't mind, it's nice having WikiAcker, just wondering who else has the privilege.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is it just me that you follow around hitting with stat facts, or are there others?

I don't mind, it's nice having WikiAcker, just wondering who else has the privilege.

Sorry, don't mean to make you paranoid. I like to post stats that are relevant to discussions all over the place, it was just coincidence that it was a couple of your comments within such a short time.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
We've done that late on in a match before, but didn't have 9 of the opposition so high up. Would have been quite funny seeing Kuszczak having to take on 9 Derby players though...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here