Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New football offside world record set by Brighton ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've been involved in football for 30+ years and never seen anything like that especially at pro level .
So you didn't see England vs Spain? Spain did it to us a couple of years ago.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sure something similar happened to England in an international game against one of the lower ranked sides in the world about four of five years ago.
:lolol: brilliant. Spain, one of the lower ranked sides in the world :D

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
was incredibly risky, if only ONE of our defenders wasn't switched on we would have been screwed...Gus or Greer's decision? Bet Kuszczak was bricking it!

With that linesman, he might have missed it.

:lolol: brilliant. Spain, one of the lower ranked sides in the world :D

I'm certain it's not them I'm thinking of, this was further back than one of our recent encounters against them, and am pretty sure whoever it was was fairly lower ranker in compariuson with England (I didn't watch the Spain game so didn't know it happened against them as well!)

SuperBrighton

Apr 18, 2012
Hove
We tried it against Wolves away, but the ref made them take the free-kick again for some reason or another (possibly they took it too quickly).

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
was incredibly risky, if only ONE of our defenders wasn't switched on we would have been screwed...Gus or Greer's decision? Bet Kuszczak was bricking it!

He wasn't the only one!

Dec 29, 2011
So you didn't see England vs Spain? Spain did it to us a couple of years ago.

Didn't Hull do it in the Prem a few years ago? I think they done it more than once too. At least I think it was a team that played in Orange (might have been Blackpool).
The "one offside every two games" stat is amazing, surely one of the lowest in the League?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It was very very funny but bizarre in the context of our normal tactics, the match situation, and the risk of it going wrong. If one Derby player had realised what was happening and run onto the ball from behind our defence we were dead.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It was very very funny but bizarre in the context of our normal tactics, the match situation, and the risk of it going wrong. If one Derby player had realised what was happening and run onto the ball from behind our defence we were dead.

I'm sure the one who controlled it was on! happened to watch him all the way. Not seen it on TV tho is it on FLS?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Can someone talk me through what happened as i didnt go this weekend. Thanks in advance.

6th minute of a minimum of 4 minutes added time, Hammond fouls one of their players pretty much on the half way line, Bridge gets booked (possibly for dissent?). Their keeper comes up to take the kick. 9 of their players in line with 9 of ours about 12 yards outside the box, Barnes marking the other player a little closer to their keeper. As the keeper starts his kick run-up, all of our players leg it up the pitch leaving 9 Derby players (and the referee) stranded between our wall of players and a slightly scared-looking Kuszczak. The linesman hesitates for a second or two (it felt like about 4 months) before putting his flag up to much cheering and laughing from the Brighton faithful.

Marvellous scenes.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
At least we didn't try to hold hands across the defensive line!

The offside trap was a quality moment in the game! One player hanging back and it could have been 2 - 2!

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Last minute of injury time - 20 players along our 18 yard box for a last ditch free kick - DCFC player runs up to take the kick and out ten players all run out in unison.

VERY risky.

6th minute of a minimum of 4 minutes added time, Hammond fouls one of their players pretty much on the half way line, Bridge gets booked (possibly for dissent?). Their keeper comes up to take the kick. 9 of their players in line with 9 of ours about 12 yards outside the box, Barnes marking the other player a little closer to their keeper. As the keeper starts his kick run-up, all of our players leg it up the pitch leaving 9 Derby players (and the referee) stranded between our wall of players and a slightly scared-looking Kuszczak. The linesman hesitates for a second or two (it felt like about 4 months) before putting his flag up to much cheering and laughing from the Brighton faithful.

Marvellous scenes.

:clap: Sounds great stuff. I bet there was 25,000 people thinking 'oh dear god no, he hasn't given it'. Gutted i missed it and thanks for the reply.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
6th minute of a minimum of 4 minutes added time, Hammond fouls one of their players pretty much on the half way line, Bridge gets booked (possibly for dissent?).

I think Bridge got booked because he kicked the ball away upfield, exactly the same time the ref blew up for the free-kick

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

None of the Derby players had been interfering with play all match so it was very risky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here