Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] New Feature: Ignore Threads

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Tried the ‘ignore thread‘ on this thread about 15 mins ago but then realised in my excitement and eagerness to play with the new toy, I‘d only read half of Bozza’s post - couldn’t work out how to make it appear again - couldn’t ask on here because the thread had disappeared!

Took a few minutes - got there in the end 🙄
edit wrong poster

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's definitely still on the board

Now you can ignore it :wink:

After all, no one likes reading their own work forever more.....

View attachment 168643

Great these new tools, aren't they?

Excellent.

So now you can ignore threads that you have absolutely no interest in, and make threads disappear where you've made tons of posts that you now wish you hadn't :wink:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Interesting how many people seem to want to live in an echo chamber.

I don’t like coffee and there are several coffee shops on every high street; I just don’t go in them.

The knowledge that coffee is a popular drink is important though.
I don’t like coffee but these shops also sell hot chocolate which I do like :wink: :smile:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I don't imagine I'll be getting too much use out of it but I thought the van insurance thread was absolutely perfect for a tester and I like that it also gives the option to ignore the tread starter as well, which in that example would save a bit of time but it's not how I choose to enjoy my forum experience - to quote @jonny.rainbow, I don't want to end up in an echo chamber. That's caused enough problems in modern society without adding to it on a forum.

The only small piece of feedback I'd give is that the Ignore Thread button is right next to the Jump to New which might cause some challenges, although that is tempered by having to confirm the choice on a different screen after.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Got rid of four VERY persistent threads that have been polluting the main board for me for years.

Daily Naps (no interest in racing)
Cycling geeks (no interest in cycling)
Infinite jukebox
Best song you've heard today

Delighted with this feature.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol

I don’t like coffee and there are several coffee shops on every high street; I just don’t go in them.

For most people I don't think it's about living in an echo chamber, more just hiding threads that we have absolutely no interest in. E.g. the Infinite Jukebox thread is on the first page of the board very regularly, but I never read it. Just helps tidy the board up if I can ignore it, and means one more thread appears at the bottom of the board that might interest me.

Fantastic feature.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I’ve lived over 70 years knowing nothing about horse racing or betting. I think I can survive in my echo chamber quite happily having put the Naps thread on ignore.
As has been said previously, Nsc is like a pub with a variety of discussions taking place. I would ignore racing & betting chat there also.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023

Nothing to do with living in an echo chamber. It’s about hiding entire topics you’ve no interest in — daily horse racing tips, cycling, Brexit, whatever. You’re not eliminating just one side of a discussion, which is what an echo chamber is. It’s getting rid of the whole discussion.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Got rid of four VERY persistent threads that have been polluting the main board for me for years.

Daily Naps (no interest in racing)
Cycling geeks (no interest in cycling)
Infinite jukebox
Best song you've heard today

Delighted with this feature.

Daily Naps is about racing? I thought it was some kind of siesta competition. Being physically unable to have a kip in the afternnon without plentiful lunchtime alcohol, it wasn't a thread I'd ever opened. Luckily, I have no interest in racing either so I've not been missing out.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Two questions...

1) does it allow you to ignore all threads started by a certain poster? Actually does that happen already?
2) can you ignore all threads in a certain category i.e. Politics?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Nothing to do with living in an echo chamber. It’s about hiding entire topics you’ve no interest in — daily horse racing tips, cycling, Brexit, whatever. You’re not eliminating just one side of a discussion, which is what an echo chamber is. It’s getting rid of the whole discussion.
Those. The Jukebox, and Wordle as well.

Also the count to a million bore fest.

And that silly one about remembering the game that you lose if you remember it. D'Oh.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Two questions...

1) does it allow you to ignore all threads started by a certain poster? Actually does that happen already?
2) can you ignore all threads in a certain category i.e. Politics?
1) yes if you have that poster on ignore.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here