Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] New Feature: Ignore Threads

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've SPLASHED THE CASH and bought the "Ignore Thread" add-on for Xenforo.

This will allow you to hide a thread from view, so you never need to see it again.

This is how it works...

1. Open the thread you wish to ignore. In the top right, you will see a new "Ignore thread" button. Click/tap that.​
2. You will get a confirmation screen where you can also choose to ignore the NSCer who started the thread if you wish. You can enter a reason for ignoring the thread, in case you need a reminder at a later date.​
3. Click/tap "Ignore thread" to confirm and that's it - the thread has gone.​
4. To review threads you've ignored, possibly to un-ignore, click/tap on your username in the top right and click/tap "Ignoring".​
5. You can then use the Users, Forums, Threads and Conversation starters tabs to see who/what you have on ignore, and reverse those decisions if you wish.​

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

This will allow you to hide a thread from view, so you will never need to see it again.

This is how it works...

1. Open the thread you wish to ignore. In the top right you will see an Ignore button. Click/tap that.

2. You will get a confirmation screen where you can also choose to ignore the NSCer who started the thread if you wish. You can enter a reason for ignoring the thread, in case you need a reminder at a later date.

3. Click/tap "Ignore thread" and that's it - the thread has gone.

4. To review threads you've ignored, possibly to un-ignore, click/tap on your username in the top right and click/tap "Ignoring".

5. You can then use the Users, Forums, Threads and Conversation starters tabs to see who/what you have on ignore, and reverse those decisions if you wish.
Bloody fantastic, Bozza - thanks. Just tried ignoring some thread wittering on about scarves - and it works! Brilliant!

Brexit thread - you are about to be blitzed!

Edit: ................... and now doing a search for the Brexit thread - it doesn't come up! There's a few around that theme that have had their day in the sun though!

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

This will allow you to hide a thread from view, so you will never need to see it again.

This is how it works...

1. Open the thread you wish to ignore. In the top right, you will see a new "Ignore thread" button. Click/tap that.

2. You will get a confirmation screen where you can also choose to ignore the NSCer who started the thread if you wish. You can enter a reason for ignoring the thread, in case you need a reminder at a later date.

3. Click/tap "Ignore thread" and that's it - the thread has gone.

4. To review threads you've ignored, possibly to un-ignore, click/tap on your username in the top right and click/tap "Ignoring".

5. You can then use the Users, Forums, Threads and Conversation starters tabs to see who/what you have on ignore, and reverse those decisions if you wish.
Out of interest can you now restrict what can be seen by those not signed into the forum?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Out of interest can you now restrict what can be seen by those not signed into the forum?
Can I? Yes, but I don't. I hate forums that require registration to see stuff, so I don't envisage me ever doing that.

Can you? No. See above.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Wonderful news. Genuinely, much appreciated. It would be fascinating to see an occasional report of the most ignored threads. But that’s probably asking too much.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wonderful news. Genuinely, much appreciated. It would be fascinating to see an occasional report of the most ignored threads. But that’s probably asking too much.
It's not provided with the add-on currently, but it looks like it will be a feature in a future release.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Can I? Yes, but I don't. I hate forums that require registration to see stuff, so I don't envisage me ever doing that.

Can you? No. See above.
Ok I was only thinking that some threads that end up being quoted in local papers etc might cause issues for you. If only those prefixed with Albion, football etc can be seen by those not members then it may protect the forum and indeed you from unnecessary rubbish.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Serious question, not a tongue in cheek thing about this thread - can we ignore threads started by mods? I can see a need for Mods to post things they don't want people to ignore, but at the same time, as you've said, the moderators are also general users and may post threads other posters aren't interested in.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Serious question, not a tongue in cheek thing about this thread - can we ignore threads started by mods? I can see a need for Mods to post things they don't want people to ignore, but at the same time, as you've said, the moderators are also general users and may post threads other posters aren't interested in.
Yes, you can ignore threads started by mods and admins (me).

There's not an option to override that, and as I know there was quite a lot of appetite to be able to ignore threads, it's something I'm happy to run with.

Note: You can't ignore a mod/admin in the same way you can ignore any other user when you ignore a thread. Again this is default functionality I can't control, but it also makes sense.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
1. Open the thread you wish to ignore

Or you could have saved your money and bought another Rolls Bozza

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here