Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New experiences for Caicedo

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
From the Dunk interview

“There is a method behind the madness. We rehearse it every day and now I know every position on the pitch, where they should be, the time they should move and what angles they should give. One presses from this angle, one presses from that angle. We know where the ball should go to reach past the pressure.”

I would call that very tightly coached, however Dunk has played at a very high level for years under different managers and systems. I would imagine going from that environment as a young player, only having played that way could be a little more challenging. And as we have seen from Cucurella, Chelsea is not a good place to lose confidence.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
If he was making his decision for footballing / career development reasons there is zero doubt that Liverpool was the right choice. With Chelsea offering more money and a ludicrous 9 year contract, plus his agents getting a £10m commission, it’s pretty obvious what his motivation was for choosing Chelsea. They are an utterly chaotic club with a bloated squad, many of whom we will never hear of again. Sadly,this may well include Caicedo himself. He’s had a poor start and his confidence is probably shot. But hey, he will keep getting paid whatever his huge wage is, week in, week out for the next 9 years.
Yes absolutely lets not forget he has his seven sisters and five brothers to think of and feed on the mean streets of Quito....thank goodness they offered him a 9 year contract as heaven knows how they would have managed with this aspect of things

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
I was talking to a Chelsea season ticket holder last night... I was bewildered to hear that he reckons Caciedo is "shit" and "Brighton have conned us again".
I told him that I've seen Moises dominate games against the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea and so it has to be how Chelsea are using him, the players they deploy around him, and their tactics. He wouldn't have it, so you can expect the likes of him to start the booing soon...

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I was talking to a Chelsea season ticket holder last night... I was bewildered to hear that he reckons Caciedo is "shit" and "Brighton have conned us again".
I told him that I've seen Moises dominate games against the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea and so it has to be how Chelsea are using him, the players they deploy around him, and their tactics. He wouldn't have it, so you can expect the likes of him to start the booing soon...
It is extraordinary that toxic Chelsea can consistently raid us and take away promising/awarding winning players and other staff, then undermine them totally, before trashing and discarding them

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
let them, mugs.
we can buy him back in the summer, for a knock down price.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This oft repeated "Brighton have conned us" line doesn't stand up to any scrutiny whatsoever. Our club didn't ask to have about 15 staff members poached by the least competent club in the league. None of our fans wanted Cucu or Moises to leave at all. It's just that Bloom insisted on top dollar if it did have to happen. What sort of twàt decides that's a "con"?

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023

This oft repeated "Brighton have conned us" line doesn't stand up to any scrutiny whatsoever. Our club didn't ask to have about 15 staff members poached by the least competent club in the league. None of our fans wanted Cucu or Moises to leave at all. It's just that Bloom insisted on top dollar if it did have to happen. What sort of twàt decides that's a "con"?
Exactly. It wasn’t as if we were hawking Caicedo round the top clubs saying "please buy this guy, he’s amazing." We spent 6 months fighting off suitors and in the end only sold because Caicedo went on strike and Chelsea offered a ludicrous amount of money. It’s entirely on them.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
How on earth do you know how Caicedo made his decision. The truth is you have no idea so dont be so arrogant. I suspect it was all about living in London near friends, family etc. He is after all very young and Liverpool is culturally hugely different from London. Wish the guy luck and see what happens
Nothing to do with arrogance! It is patently obvious the choice wasn't made on footballing reasons - if football had been the consideration he'd have been off up the M6 to Liverpool the second they made a bid!

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Not many prison sentences come with the wages he's on, so I doubt it. I can confirm that my heart is not, I repeat NOT bleeding.
Yes, he'll be loaded, but ultimately if you're not happy with what fills your days you will end up pretty miserable. Anyway, I hope he ends up miserable as sin fwiw.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
My understanding is that under RDZ, Caicedo understood fully what his role was, and that role was tailored to his strengths, with a team around him who understood both his and their roles within a precision machine.

It seems that at Chelsea he has just been thrown out there, as if he has just been told 'just do what you did at Brighton and you'll be fine'... when in reality what he achieved at Brighton was a result of many many hours on the training ground with his team mates, a developed understanding from a club and manager with precise visions and expectations.

I have every confidence he will come good... what I'm not sure of is whether that will be at Chelsea. They're just a joke of a club these days - and I think Pochettino is a highly overrated manager, they would have done better to keep Potter.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
My understanding is that under RDZ, Caicedo understood fully what his role was, and that role was tailored to his strengths, with a team around him who understood both his and their roles within a precision machine.

It seems that at Chelsea he has just been thrown out there, as if he has just been told 'just do what you did at Brighton and you'll be fine'... when in reality what he achieved at Brighton was a result of many many hours on the training ground with his team mates, a developed understanding from a club and manager with precise visions and expectations.

I have every confidence he will come good... what I'm not sure of is whether that will be at Chelsea. They're just a joke of a club these days - and I think Pochettino is a highly overrated manager, they would have done better to keep Potter.
You're almost certainly right....look at that first match. He comes on as a sub just 5 days after signing for Chelsea, and was then expected to play in a completely different position to that which he'd occupied for us. He had no real chance to understand Chelsea's style of play, and came on the pitch with Chelsea chasing the game, being expected to push forwards and play in a forward position around the opposition penalty area. Not sure what Poch was thinking! It's noticeable that De Zerbi tends to keep new signings back until they understand their role....at the time it can seem frustrating, but it makes sense.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I think is a highly overrated manager, they would have done better to keep Potter.
They are both overrated in my opinion, neither have won nothing of any note, and I don't count the French league or cups, with that squad Dave Bassett could have won the Champions League.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
A typical Chelsea twat decides that's a "con"

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Yes, of course. I've said this before and I'll say it again: Chelsea fans, whilst often very intelligent and articulate on wider subjects, are some of the thickest fans in the game, football-wise.

Honestly, I've had better conversations with my labrador about football

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The 'Conned' or 'Scammed' reference is an instant indication that the person using the word is either unable to grasp its meaning or it shows they are thick. Of course the likeliest eventuality is that they are both.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here