Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New experiences for Caicedo

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Yes, of course. I've said this before and I'll say it again: Chelsea fans, whilst often very intelligent and articulate on wider subjects, are some of the thickest fans in the game, football-wise.

Honestly, I've had better conversations with my labrador about football
I find the labradors we’ve had are actually pretty good for most conversations. They look deep into your eyes and love you unconditionally - actually Moises probably needs one at that idiot club right now!

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
He’s gone - wish him good luck except obviously when he’s playing against us and I personally think we should move on .

We have lots of our own newbies to talk about .

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
He’s gone - wish him good luck except obviously when he’s playing against us and I personally think we should move on .

We have lots of our own newbies to talk about .
No-one is forcing you to participate in the thread or indeed even to read it. I thought you stated in other threads that you believe in freedom of choice. Potter and Knockeart have also moved on but you have recently commented about them on threads along with a host of players who don't play for us. Are you saying it is okay for you but no-one else to comment on previous players whilst we are all free to comment on any player that hasn't played for us?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Honestly, I've had better conversations with my labrador about football
About Richie Barker? Glenn Furry? The England WAGS?

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Thinking back he never made any headlines when he had his loan in Belgium. Is this really a case that he did only look good in our system? It really will be hilarious if he doesn’t come good at all.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Thinking back he never made any headlines when he had his loan in Belgium. Is this really a case that he did only look good in our system? It really will be hilarious if he doesn’t come good at all.
Never been a standout in the 10 or so games I've seen for equador. Pervis always better (and I'm not just saying that !!)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
We would not have identified him as a great prospect nor would he have gained rave reviews whilst still in South America were that the case. He is a fantastic player. You can't polish a turd but it appears that Chelsea can transform a diamond into one.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I think it's just as likely that he looks bad in Chelsea's system. I think he would be doing much better at Liverpool next to Mac.

People also forget that he's only 21, and while his footballing ability is potentially world class, he may still be mentally fragile. The fee he was sold for, to a club with such entitled fans, will be putting a lot of pressure on him to perform - something he didn't really have at Brighton.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Just coming back to this... Watching the Chelsea highlights for a laugh, and has anyone else noticed that Caicedo never seems to break out of a mild jog/casual amble these days? May still have an injury, of course, but he just appears incredibly slow and immobile in that team.

Maybe the pots of money achieving his dream of playing for Chelsea has dulled his motivatoin?

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
I think it's just as likely that he looks bad in Chelsea's system. I think he would be doing much better at Liverpool next to Mac.

People also forget that he's only 21, and while his footballing ability is potentially world class, he may still be mentally fragile. The fee he was sold for, to a club with such entitled fans, will be putting a lot of pressure on him to perform - something he didn't really have at Brighton.
It’s probably obvious to state it, but it shows what a great coach RDZ actually is..clearly he motivates players to play for him but also seems to know when to put an arm around a shoulder or two (eg Solly). Struggling to think of any current players he hasn’t improved. For Moises to leave that environment and go into a way more pressured one, where the burden of his transfer fee plus the entitlement of the fans and the expectation of the owner, is a huge change and one which the young man seems to be struggling with. Shame he was so badly advised through the whole shambles.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
He has gone and I wish him no luck at all. I hope he has a torrid time at that empty void of a tourist club.
That's a bit uncharitable. I think what you meant to say was that you wish him no luck at all once the 'acheivable' add-ons have been triggered. Good luck with your number of appearances Moises. (It looks like we're already kissing goodbye to the third based on European qualification).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just coming back to this... Watching the Chelsea highlights for a laugh, and has anyone else noticed that Caicedo never seems to break out of a mild jog/casual amble these days? May still have an injury, of course, but he just appears incredibly slow and immobile in that team.
Like Biss under Conte last season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here