[Albion] *new* Europa League Limited Edition "Pavilion" Kit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
I thought of this but the competition isn’t just in 23 - if/when we get through the group stage the real competition gets going in 2024 The teams in the final will remember it as the 2024 Europa final surely?
I went for the same option Europa 23. Based on the fact that the first time we qualified for European competition was in 2023. This also leaves the option of either Winners 24 or Dublin 24 😎

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
its ambiguous certainly but my interpretation is that they ‘can’t guarantee’ that the Europa kit will be worn on the day .. in other words, the kit will be worn at all times in Europa matches apart from when it clashes with the home team ( eg see my link above - we will NOT be able to wear it away to Ajax for example and Marseille will have to wear their home kit or alternative when they visit us if we decide to wear the Europa kit when we host them. )

As someone said, it’s a commemorative kit shirt of us getting into Europe for the first time ever - and it’s something! - I would be extremely surprised if home fans that can’t get to away matches abroad, will be deprived of all opportunity to see the lads in the Euro shirts.

Well it’s very rare for us to be in a European competition at home to eg Ajax and we are not talking about ‘standard kit’ ! 🙂

On the contrary though - The Club have specifically said :

“please note due to kit clashes we cannot guarantee this shirt will be worn at Europa League matches ’

NOT “away Europa League matches” and only due to kit clashes (which are unlikely to arise at home ) but just ‘Europa League matches’ and no mention of away OR home shirt which would normally be the epithet of any kit description…

If I know anything about TB and the way our club is run, they will want to give an opportunity for ALL Club fans to share in the excitement of our first Europa League experience- not just the lucky ones that are able to travel abroad to watch away matches - seeing our lads at least in a few home Europa fixtures wearing the Europa League kit will be part of that excitement imo.
Well, we'll find out in 11 days.

I'm expecting us to be playing in our regular kit but we'll see soon enough.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I thought of this but the competition isn’t just in 23 - if/when we get through the group stage the real competition gets going in 2024 The teams in the final will remember it as the 2024 Europa final surely?
So essentially what you are saying is myself and my best friend should each purchase a shirt. One with Europa 23 on the back and one with League 24 on the back. Then all we need to do is hold up a little white card with a dash printed on it between us and bingo! we are sorted.
So long as we are standing the right way round of course!

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
As seen here:

It may have been mentioned elsewhere in this thread or in the other one, but I feel the kit would be improved if the shorts were white instead of hyperturq. I'm sure they modelled every possible colour combination and chose the one they believe looks best. However, if you're going to have a 2-colour kit and decide to horizontally split a top into 2 colours, then the shorts and sock colours ought to alternate, as well, no? Honestly, with his socks stretching above his knees, Fati looks like half of him was dipped in a big vat of paint!

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Just had notification that my shirt (with no add-ons) has been despatched and collected by DHL this afternoon for delivery tomorrow!

I'll believe it when I see it!! But if it does arrive, it will go straight into my suitcase for my very early Thursday morning flight to Crete.

And will be wearing it in a bar somewhere on 21st ... 10pm kick off Greek time! :albion2:

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
So essentially what you are saying is myself and my best friend should each purchase a shirt. One with Europa 23 on the back and one with League 24 on the back. Then all we need to do is hold up a little white card with a dash printed on it between us and bingo! we are sorted.
So long as we are standing the right way round of course!
No, not at all. I was simply giving my opinion why I wouldn’t have the year on the back - if we went and won the thing I wouldn’t want the wrong year on my souvenir shirt.
What you do is entirely up to you.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
No, not at all. I was simply giving my opinion why I wouldn’t have the year on the back - if we went and won the thing I wouldn’t want the wrong year on my souvenir shirt.
What you do is entirely up to you.
I'm sorry, it was an attempt on my part to be humorous! In my eyes the thought of the two shirts with different years and somebody having to carry a dash around with them to hold up between the two seemed funny. Not for the first time on this forum, though, i was mistaken!
I think i will have to give up on the comedic career, at least on here.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Should have made it a 2 year shirt and could have used it in Europe next season as well. Although anyone who went with the Europa league badges will be regretting not waiting for the champions league ones.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports