Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] *new* Europa League Limited Edition "Pavilion" Kit

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Yeah, it can be read that way. Or it could be the Europa League shirt (potentially six group matches) which might have to be changed for away games (so only worn for a minimum of the three home games).
But then they wouldn't say we can't guarantee it'll be worn because of kit clashes. If it was the Europa league shirt they could guarantee it would be worn - at every home match.

As far as I'm aware they've never claimed they couldn't guarantee us wearing a home kit before.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Good! Let's go into Europe in our wonderful blue and white stripes then, not some irrelevant pretty (is it, really? - looks pretty shit to me) shirt that's just another revenue stream, nowt to do with Brighton and Hove Albion, our history, our ethos, and our very being.
Albion in Europe is wonderful - but casually discarding the blue and white stripes in favour of a wishy-washy half and half shirt that has no relevance to The Albion feels like a betrayal. Maybe somebody, somewhere, especially anyone who has knocked one out over the marvellous glory of them, really does need a history lesson.......................
is the point not, "we are making history"

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Veey, very, very, very small until this recent of obsession with away shirts - used to be just if there was a colour clash.......... but hey - we must sign into the revenue stream by logging in to buy an over-priced shirt, eh?

Not my shirt!
but you are not buying a shirt?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
But then they wouldn't say we can't guarantee it'll be worn because of kit clashes. If it was the Europa league shirt they could guarantee it would be worn - at every home match.

As far as I'm aware they've never claimed they couldn't guarantee us wearing a home kit before.
That could be interpreted as they can’t guarantee it will be worn for all EL matches which by implication could mean the ones where they have no control over what is worn ie the away matches. Not saying I’m right. It’s just how I read it. You may be right but you can’t exclude my reading as a possibility.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
That could be interpreted as they can’t guarantee it will be worn for all EL matches which by implication could mean the ones where they have no control over what is worn ie the away matches. Not saying I’m right. It’s just how I read it. You may be right but you can’t exclude my reading as a possibility.
I guess. It just seems to me to be a very loose use of language if that's what they mean. It doesn't make too much sense to me but then lots of things don't!

Either way, we'll find out soon enough.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
seems there’s an obvious kit clash with Marseilles home kit

AEK ok on all kits

Ajax will have to wear their home kit or alternative at the Amex if our Europa kit is for all matches

Surely the Europa kit is for home and away matches - but vis a vis for example the above, there is no guarantee it will be worn for all away matches (at least thats how I interpreted it 🤷‍♂️)
As I was saying to Neville's Breakfast, if it was a home kit then they could guarantee it's use. They've never claimed a home kit couldn't be guaranteed to be worn before.

If it's an away kit in the colours of two of our opponents and not needed for the third team then the caveat that it might not be worn makes sense. It just doesn't make sense to me that they'd claim they can't guarantee us wearing it if they could guarantee we'd be wearing it for every home game that we play in the competition.

I guess it's just a poorly written sentence on the website if we can have such different interpretations of it.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
On the club website it says:

Please note due to kit clashes, we cannot guarantee this shirt will be worn at Europa League matches.

That suggests it's an away shirt. Otherwise we 100% could guarantee it being worn at least three times. Unless I'm missing something obvious?

Or it might be read as ' we may never wear this kit in a match'

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
See this shirt for what it was meant to be. A shirt to celebrate us getting to Europe. Dont care if it is used or not. Ordered with the Europa badges and Europa 23 on the back.
Absolutely this. I’ve not bought a home shirt for last few seasons due to the shambles on the back of them and I’ve not been keen on last few aways. This shirt looks decent and it’s a celebration of getting into Europe.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I ordered one for me and the boy as soon as it came out. I don’t tend to wear colours to games. This is a souvenir of our first and, so far, only season in Europe.

It will be my third Brighton shirt ever. I have the red and black Skint away kit because when they sponsored us I knew a few people involved with that label or scene and I wore it for five a side here and training when I lived abroad and played ex pat. I have the centenary shirt because it was our centenary. And I’m going to have this which will be a half way between the two - a momento that I’ll also wear when I go for a run.

I can justify the cost because I’ve not bought another shirt apart from those three. The boy has had a couple but generally hasn’t liked the home shirts.

I don't normally buy shirts anymore either but this year bought all 3 shirts with the Europa patches just because it felt like it could be the only time, for a long time that I'll be able to!

I bought the 'special' commemorative shirt when we moved into the AMEX that came in that rectangle box and the also the 2011 Errea home and away shirts (imo the home one being the best looking shirt we've had since the 90s). Before buying those, the Skint 1999/2000 shirt was probably the last shirt I purchased. Looking back wish I had bought the centenary shirt too!

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
See this shirt for what it was meant to be. A shirt to celebrate us getting to Europe. Dont care if it is used or not. Ordered with the Europa badges and Europa 23 on the back.

Same here.
EUROPA 23.

Not expecting it to be worn in a game

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
We will wear the stripes at home, as we should and the Europa kit will get an airing at AEK. The shirt, as nice as it is, was put on sale an an extra revenue for the club and and acknowledgement that we are in Europe. No way we will wear it at home!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
its ambiguous certainly but my interpretation is that they ‘can’t guarantee’ that the Europa kit will be worn on the day .. in other words, the kit will be worn at all times in Europa matches apart from when it clashes with the home team ( eg see my link above - we will NOT be able to wear it away to Ajax for example and Marseille will have to wear their home kit or alternative when they visit us if we decide to wear the Europa kit when we host them. )

As someone said, it’s a commemorative kit shirt of us getting into Europe for the first time ever - and it’s something! - I would be extremely surprised if home fans that can’t get to away matches abroad, will be deprived of all opportunity to see the lads in the Euro shirts.

Well it’s very rare for us to be in a European competition at home to eg Ajax and we are not talking about ‘standard kit’ ! 🙂

On the contrary though - The Club have specifically said :

“please note due to kit clashes we cannot guarantee this shirt will be worn at Europa League matches ’

NOT “away Europa League matches” and only due to kit clashes (which are unlikely to arise at home ) but just ‘Europa League matches’ and no mention of away OR home shirt which would normally be the epithet of any kit description…

If I know anything about TB and the way our club is run, they will want to give an opportunity for ALL Club fans to share in the excitement of our first Europa League experience- not just the lucky ones that are able to travel abroad to watch away matches - seeing our lads at least in a few home Europa fixtures wearing the Europa League kit will be part of that excitement imo.
Seriously though, there is zero chance of if being worn at home.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
I thought of this but the competition isn’t just in 23 - if/when we get through the group stage the real competition gets going in 2024 The teams in the final will remember it as the 2024 Europa final surely?
I went for the same option Europa 23. Based on the fact that the first time we qualified for European competition was in 2023. This also leaves the option of either Winners 24 or Dublin 24 😎

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
its ambiguous certainly but my interpretation is that they ‘can’t guarantee’ that the Europa kit will be worn on the day .. in other words, the kit will be worn at all times in Europa matches apart from when it clashes with the home team ( eg see my link above - we will NOT be able to wear it away to Ajax for example and Marseille will have to wear their home kit or alternative when they visit us if we decide to wear the Europa kit when we host them. )

As someone said, it’s a commemorative kit shirt of us getting into Europe for the first time ever - and it’s something! - I would be extremely surprised if home fans that can’t get to away matches abroad, will be deprived of all opportunity to see the lads in the Euro shirts.

Well it’s very rare for us to be in a European competition at home to eg Ajax and we are not talking about ‘standard kit’ ! 🙂

On the contrary though - The Club have specifically said :

“please note due to kit clashes we cannot guarantee this shirt will be worn at Europa League matches ’

NOT “away Europa League matches” and only due to kit clashes (which are unlikely to arise at home ) but just ‘Europa League matches’ and no mention of away OR home shirt which would normally be the epithet of any kit description…

If I know anything about TB and the way our club is run, they will want to give an opportunity for ALL Club fans to share in the excitement of our first Europa League experience- not just the lucky ones that are able to travel abroad to watch away matches - seeing our lads at least in a few home Europa fixtures wearing the Europa League kit will be part of that excitement imo.
Well, we'll find out in 11 days.

I'm expecting us to be playing in our regular kit but we'll see soon enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here