[Albion] *new* Europa League Limited Edition "Pavilion" Kit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
People are axcited about the new adventure of playing in Europe, and want some kind of momento to commemorate it. Nobody has to get involved.

and we hear a fair bit of griping about ‘revenue streams’ from people who presumably are enjoying watching the Albion compete, in the best (and most expensive) league in the world.
I’m not against, just call it for what it is. More money, that’s all. But I’d always play blue and white where we can

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Away kits rarely if ever have anything to do with a club's 'identity'. It's a very, very small band of people who care about such stuff.
Veey, very, very, very small until this recent of obsession with away shirts - used to be just if there was a colour clash.......... but hey - we must sign into the revenue stream by logging in to buy an over-priced shirt, eh?

Not my shirt!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Commemorative Europa League Shirt

Drop 1 - Orders placed on 1/9/23 from 10.30am to 4pm

• Pre-orders with no shirt personalsation - earliest dispatch w/c 11th September
  • Pre-orders with shirt personalisation - earliest dispatch w/c 25th September
Drop 2 - Orders placed on 1/9/23 from 4.30pm - 4/9/23 1pm

• Pre-orders with no shirt personalsation - earliest dispatch w/c 2nd October
  • Pre-orders with shirt personalisation - earliest dispatch w/c 9th October
Drop 3 - Orders placed from 4pm on 07.09.23

• Pre-orders with no shirt personalisation - earliest dispatch w/c 23rd October
  • Pre-orders with shirt personalisation - earliest dispatch w/c 30th October

Does the Europa badge count as personalisation? 14 whole days later in drop 1!

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I ordered without the badge as for some reason it was coming up as sold out with it.

Ordered just before 4pm on 1st September so hoping this made the first batch. Will then take it to club shop to have badge put on

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Veey, very, very, very small until this recent of obsession with away shirts - used to be just if there was a colour clash.......... but hey - we must sign into the revenue stream by logging in to buy an over-priced shirt, eh?

Not my shirt!
Recent? 20-30 years....

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Why the hell do we need another flippin' away shirt in another flippin' colour? The crowd at home matches look like a packet of multi-coloured smarties.
:lolol:
I won’t be able to look at the North Stand again without thinking about Smarties.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire

Not my shirt!
Don't think it's an obsession with away shirts, per se. It's just more "not having a load of football shirts that look vaguely the same" from a wardrobe perspective?

Personally I'm not buying this. I love it, looks great, return of the hyperturq etc... but I absolutely cannot justify £70 for a football shirt we will wear probably once or at best, twice in the group stage. Even £60 was pushing it tbf.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
For years we have been moaning about our kits, nothing new, all generic, why dont we get a bespoke kit etc

Well, now we do. We now have a unique kit, designed with Brightons most famous landmark (maybe the pier is ) integral to it , Hopefully over the course of the next 9 months we will need to wear an away kit in Europe a fair few times.

Not sure what some people actually want- there is only so much you can do with Blue and white stripes, for some time away kits generally have very little bearing on clubs design and colours in the way home kits do. Look at some of the vomit inducing away kits from Arsenal, City, etc that have been produced over the years

Personally I like the Euro kit, it will be a momento of an amazing achievment. Not sure why the hate, if you dont like it-dont buy it

Rinkmaster

Oct 1, 2020
Newhaven
Don't think it's an obsession with away shirts, per se. It's just more "not having a load of football shirts that look vaguely the same" from a wardrobe perspective?

Personally I'm not buying this. I love it, looks great, return of the hyperturq etc... but I absolutely cannot justify £70 for a football shirt we will wear probably once or at best, twice in the group stage. Even £60 was pushing it tbf.
Why would you only wear it a couple of times? Surely you don't have to wear a shirt for european games only. That would mean that the fa cup final shirts would be more or less redundant.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
For years we have been moaning about our kits, nothing new, all generic, why dont we get a bespoke kit etc

Well, now we do. We now have a unique kit, designed with Brightons most famous landmark (maybe the pier is ) integral to it , Hopefully over the course of the next 9 months we will need to wear an away kit in Europe a fair few times.

Not sure what some people actually want- there is only so much you can do with Blue and white stripes, for some time away kits generally have very little bearing on clubs design and colours in the way home kits do. Look at some of the vomit inducing away kits from Arsenal, City, etc that have been produced over the years

Personally I like the Euro kit, it will be a momento of an amazing achievment. Not sure why the hate, if you dont like it-dont buy it
Yep l agree, people queue up to rubbish something, yet are all too slow say when they approve. Personally l like the kit, it's quirky ,bespoke, and a one off, unique to the Albion.

If they manufactured it in something other than slim fit, l might well be tempted to buy one, irrespective of the price.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
My poor wallet.
Yep - didnt realise qualifying for Europe would increase my overheads 😉

£118 on home Euro match tickets yesterday - and would have bought this Euro kit shirt too but I actually don’t like the silhouetted pavilion design tbh so wouldn’t wear it - looks too much like a ‘tourist’ shirt to me (‘I ❤️ Brighton”!) but did get the blue T-shirt as a memento which was much cheaper of course .. 🤷‍♂️

IMG_0662.jpg

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Why the hell do we need another flippin' away shirt in another flippin' colour? The crowd at home matches look like a packet of multi-coloured smarties. To build a proper brand identity we should stick to blue and white stripes for home and green and black stripes for away. Sure change the design regularly, but stick with a colour scheme!
It’s our Europa League kit not an away kit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just spent 60 on coffees and croissants at the port in Ibiza,
Oi oi! Have you done any yet? What’s the quality like these days?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
On the club website it says:

Please note due to kit clashes, we cannot guarantee this shirt will be worn at Europa League matches.

That suggests it's an away shirt. Otherwise we 100% could guarantee it being worn at least three times. Unless I'm missing something obvious?
Yeah, it can be read that way. Or it could be the Europa League shirt (potentially six group matches) which might have to be changed for away games (so only worn for a minimum of the three home games).

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yes it's a new kit that we will rarely ever wear but it's really a ceremonial shirt to commemorate our historic achievement and something to look back on in years to come or even frame and put in a 'mancave'.
I ordered one for me and the boy as soon as it came out. I don’t tend to wear colours to games. This is a souvenir of our first and, so far, only season in Europe.

It will be my third Brighton shirt ever. I have the red and black Skint away kit because when they sponsored us I knew a few people involved with that label or scene and I wore it for five a side here and training when I lived abroad and played ex pat. I have the centenary shirt because it was our centenary. And I’m going to have this which will be a half way between the two - a momento that I’ll also wear when I go for a run.

I can justify the cost because I’ve not bought another shirt apart from those three. The boy has had a couple but generally hasn’t liked the home shirts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports