[Albion] *new* Europa League Limited Edition "Pavilion" Kit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
When we first moved to the Amex, Ken Brown overestimated the clothing order resulting in weeks of concourse sales at rock bottom prices. He was sacked soon after.

Negotiation of the initial Sodexo deal was also supposedly another reason

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
£70 for a short that cost £5 to make is fine once a season, but three times is taking the piss frankly. Glad my children are no longer of an age where they demand every shirt that comes out and full kit. Must be costing fathers a fortune!
Nah, it's not fine!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
One of your worst yet!

Do you really think this or is it just another attempt at having a pop at the non playing side of the club?
Guess what? I want the club to sell a million shirts per season. You, on the other hand, in your role as Chailey Lite, are pitifully sticking up for their abysmal perennial failure to match supply with demand. Which out of the two of us wants the best for the club, even if it means nagging them into action a bit? What gives? :shrug:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Guess what? I want the club to sell a million shirts per season. You, on the other hand, in your role as Chailey Lite, are pitifully sticking up for their abysmal perennial failure to match supply with demand. Which out of the two of us wants the best for the club, even if it means nagging them into action a bit? What gives? :shrug:
Are you like this when you can’t get a ticket to watch a top band?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Are you like this when you can’t get a ticket to watch a top band?
Yes, especially when my other half wants a shirt for his birthday in two weeks time. What's the point in ordering something in July when he doesn't know what he wants?
Kids want shirts for Christmas, and can grow every month in growth spurts.
Selling out of everything in one month is bad planning in any one's book.

Ps THPP helped me quite a few years ago when I couldn't get a ticket for a concert in Manchester, but he knew how to book better than I.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
So what do we get out of the Nike deal?

A big cut of the profits? Nope apparently not
Responsiveness if we need to scale up the order?. Hahaha
Incredible shirt designs? Hmmmm
High quality product?

Presumably, they’ve committed to producing a certain number and presumably they’ve given us some money to sport their logo

I get what’s in it for them, I just don’t get what’s in it for us.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
To the club, the question is. Do they look at selling shirts as purely a money making exercise? (in which case stock ordering is a cost v predicted sales exercise in ordering the right quantity)

Or is selling shirts also about branding? Is there a point about creating a buzz and awareness around the club, which might feed into the commercial performance of the club in other ways

My thinking is this. FFS FFS FFS. This is our time. This is our moment. People want to wear our shirts in Coldean, Kyoto and Quito. Why are we buggerring around trying to make sure we don’t have to discount from £60 to £40 towards the end of the season. We just sold a player for £115m?

The idea that people have made long journeys from other countries and are coming out of our pop up shop disappointed as we don’t have a kit to sell them and have no timescale on when we ever will have one is hideously embarrassing.

Now is the time to build our profile, now is the time to start to compete commercially. Now is the time to win more fans. Yes, we might lose money (incredibly modest amounts by football standards) initially, but we’ve got huge numbers of people effectively asking to pay £60 to be a billboard for the product we sell and we’re telling them to go away.

Ditch Nike now.

Change tack completely on merchandising approach.
Spot on.

Could not agree more.

If it’s Nike that are holding us back from a proper marketing strategy, then ditch them.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
had a look at it no badge on shirt or nike tick
I'd hazard that is just the image for the website so they don't get sued by Nike or the club. Usually the logos will be on the shirt when it turns up.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Well spotted, I ordered a shirt yesterday. I didn’t notice the lack of badge or tick, now I’m going to feel a right idiot if I wear it. I’ll have to keep it to do my gardening in!
They just advertise it like that so they dont get shut down, it will have the badge and Nike logo. I've ordered a few shirts from DHGate (not Albion) and they all look great, but don't expect them to last too long.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
The retail manager is my next door neighbour and had a couple of chats with him he says he try’s to push things through but higher up the chain they say no

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Wtf it’s going on, receive email restart telling me can’t fulfill order, and one today saying no shirts are going to be available in that size. Take the option of alternative size, notes there showing back in stock, well sold out again now. So who knows what we’re going to get or when I’ve had no confirmation either way. As said above this part of the club is a bit of a shambles to be honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports