[Albion] *new* Europa League Limited Edition "Pavilion" Kit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is the Churchill Square store permanent? I had been under the impression it was temporary/pop-up. If not, then that's at least a step in the right direction.

I guess I also mean things like advertising, billboards, on buses etc. When I've visited the city the last few times, you wouldn't know it had a football club, let alone a top half Prem one.
There are two buses completely devoted to the Albion with Jacob and Matt's names on the front. I see them frequently.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Arsenal have done it best imo, they have created a 'cool', retro, terrace culture clothing line....... along with the best kits in the league, season after season.

Though it helps they got Ian Wright and Laura Woods to wear and model the clobber :lolol:

Whereas our clothing range looks like its aimed at older aged men with no fashion sense whats so ever!

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Arsenal have done it best imo, they have created a 'cool', retro, terrace culture clothing line....... along with the best kits in the league, season after season.

Though it helps they got Ian Wright and Laura Woods to wear and model the clobber :lolol:

Whereas our clothing range looks like its aimed at older aged men with no fashion sense whats so ever!
I agree , the clothing range outside of the Nike range looks like it’s been knocked up by some middle aged factory owner in the midlands . It needs an overhaul .

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I agree , the clothing range outside of the Nike range looks like it’s been knocked up by some middle aged factory owner in the midlands . It needs an overhaul .

Big time the club need to hire actual fashionable people in the industry to get involved.

I think Adidas play a big part with Arsenal, they are miles ahead of Nike and give them great clobber.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Clubs (with few exceptions) make very little money from shirt sales. I'm guessing improving Nike's profits isn't a club priority.

There's a whole other argument about visibility etc tbf

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Big time the club need to hire actual fashionable people in the industry to get involved.

I think Adidas play a big part with Arsenal, they are miles ahead of Nike and give them great clobber.
Nike don’t give a shit about football kits. They only make them to stop competitors cleaning up. Nearly all of their revenue is made on trainers and other athletic equipment.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nike don’t give a shit about football kits. They only make them to stop competitors cleaning up. Nearly all of their revenue is made on trainers and other athletic equipment.
Then the club needs a commercial partner that does give a shit about football kits, specifically Albion football kits. The club's kit ordering department needs a damn good shake-up also, to keep in step with the club's burgeoning global popularity. Currently they seem to operating on a safety-first footing ie nobody ever got sacked for under-ordering kit. That needs turning on its head

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Then the club needs a commercial partner that does give a shit about football kits, specifically Albion football kits. The club's kit ordering department needs a damn good shake-up also, to keep in step with the club's burgeoning global popularity. Currently they seem to operating on a safety-first footing ie nobody ever got sacked for under-ordering kit. That needs turning on its head
100% this.
I went in the shop at the Newcastle game having missed out on the white Euro shirts to ask if their was a likelihood of more being available to be told probably not but keep looking on the website. Whilst i was in there i looked to see if there were any adult mens shirts for either the home or away kit - there were none! A few of our Japanese fans were in there and because they are quite small people they were having some luck with small ladies and juveniles shirts. Otherwise if you were visiting our club as a regular sized fan you could not buy a team shirt to wear. How is that possible just a few weeks in to our first European season?

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
When I went in the club shop early at the weekend there were no mens large shirts on the racks, I asked a woman walking around and she went into a bin and pulled out a few large shirts all sealed and packaged up............ why were all those shirts not on the racks?! There were tons of shirts in the 'bin' too.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I think we should strike some type of deal so that at the very least our kit can be sold at Gatwick & Heathrow outlets , I think people would be surprised at how many we would sell . We have a lot of international fans now .

I have no idea how much money it would cost or what the implications are. But if you can buy a f***ing Palace shirt at Gatwick Airport you should be able to buy an Albion one.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
It would be interesting to know if other clubs have this problem, if so then it may largely be down to Nike........ if not then it's clearly a club issue.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Adidas may be better than Nike in terms of range of "clobber" - I have no real idea.

But you simply can't compare us with Arsenal - they are just at a different level commercially which means they will get a lot more attention and service.

I only run in Nike shoes and gear, and I get through a lot of it, so I spend a fair bit of time hunting down deals and bargains. I see a lot of very, very nice Nike gear for clubs such as Liverpool, Spurs, Barcelona and PSG - they have huge ranges of Nike technical gear with subtle and not-so-subtle club branding. I imagine Arsenal are the same with Adidas due to their scale.

As the composition of the football technical kit is pretty much the same as running kit, I have been briefly tempted in the past to buy some other club stuff, when I've seen it heavily discounted, as it will do the job for running just fine, but I've always seen sense and not pulled the trigger.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
When I went in the club shop early at the weekend there were no mens large shirts on the racks, I asked a woman walking around and she went into a bin and pulled out a few large shirts all sealed and packaged up............ why were all those shirts not on the racks?! There were tons of shirts in the 'bin' too.
Talk about Amateur Hour :rolleyes:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Trust pilot have 1000’s of reviews of DH Gate . 1.8 out of 5 . Lots of complaints about goods not received , incorrect sizes and impossible to get a refund .

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Adidas may be better than Nike in terms of range of "clobber" - I have no real idea.

But you simply can't compare us with Arsenal - they are just at a different level commercially which means they will get a lot more attention and service.

I only run in Nike shoes and gear, and I get through a lot of it, so I spend a fair bit of time hunting down deals and bargains. I see a lot of very, very nice Nike gear for clubs such as Liverpool, Spurs, Barcelona and PSG - they have huge ranges of Nike technical gear with subtle and not-so-subtle club branding. I imagine Arsenal are the same with Adidas due to their scale.

As the composition of the football technical kit is pretty much the same as running kit, I have been briefly tempted in the past to buy some other club stuff, when I've seen it heavily discounted, as it will do the job for running just fine, but I've always seen sense and not pulled the trigger.
Genuine question- what’s so good about Nike shoes ? I read somewhere that several makes use the same factories abroad & there is very little difference other than branding

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports