[Albion] *new* Europa League Limited Edition "Pavilion" Kit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I’ve always much preferred the old cotton retro shirts. They are classics that never go out of date IMO, easy to look after, and are much more comfortable to wear. And cheaper.

slimes

Aug 23, 2011
cheltenham
Whilst I take your point, the club should take note of the fact loyal fans feel the need to look for cheaper/more accessible alternatives.
I can understand loyal fans looking for cheaper alternatives.. however thousands others are willing to spend ample money but the home, away, europa, letters and numbers are never available? The club are losing millions of income which is really annoying!

nsclurker

Apr 3, 2018
Surely this is all down to Nike and what they say they can supply vs. what they then realise they can supply when orders come in. I dealt with some kit stuff (staff and pathway players) when I was first at AITC and it was a nightmare getting what we needed in the right sizes, at the right time, etc.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If the club don't cater for demand they only have themselves to blame. :shrug:
This. The club really don't want to be driving fans into the arms of the knock-off merchants. Suppose the £15 Europa shirts do indeed come from the same factory, or turn out to be of decent quality, it will sow the seeds for folks doing the same again, next time the new season kit runs out earlydoors. Kids in particular may not really notice any difference in quality, but their hard-pressed parents will certainly notice the difference in price. Time for the club to shake off their Withdean era mentality when it comes to anticipating demand for kit

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I would never personally buy knock off clothes or trainers etc not just because 'they are fake' but also because it supports the blackmarket BUT I can see why parents with one or two really young children might chose that route with current cost of living.

Although buying kids of a certain age knock of shirts could sadly result in them being bullied, kids are cruel and can spot fakes a mile off.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This. The club really don't want to be driving fans into the arms of the knock-off merchants. Suppose the £15 Europa shirts do indeed come from the same factory, or turn out to be of decent quality, it will sow the seeds for folks doing the same again, next time the new season kit runs out earlydoors. Kids in particular may not really notice any difference in quality, but their hard-pressed parents will certainly notice the difference in price. Time for the club to shake off their Withdean era mentality when it comes to anticipating demand for kit
It's the one area where the club is still sorely in need of a complete revolution.

In terms of club presence in the city of Brighton, widespread availability of kit etc, we still feel like a League One side.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It's the one area where the club is still sorely in need of a complete revolution.

In terms of club presence in the city of Brighton, widespread availability of kit etc, we still feel like a League One side.
If only some of these adults had bought shirts (and tickets) when we were League 1!

crabface

Mar 24, 2012

Agreed, the lack of kit has been going on since we partnered with Nike.

But also taking one look at the general clothes on the site is enough to put anyone off going into the club shop its screen printed tat that anyone could design on Paint.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

I imagine we are pretty far down the list of Nikes priorities unfortunately.

Could be possible to look at other manufacturers I guess - but Brighton probably need to commit to numbers and what we were selling / forecasting when we signed the deal then is very different to now

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I imagine we are pretty far down the list of Nikes priorities unfortunately.

Could be possible to look at other manufacturers I guess - but Brighton probably need to commit to numbers and what we were selling / forecasting when we signed the deal then is very different to now
I'm not just talking about Nike. I'm talking about the club itself.

It is insane that we don't have more of a presence in the city centre. You'd never know Brighton even had a football team. And then yes coupled with the Nike supplier situation it all feels very tinpot, which is completely at odds with how the club runs itself.

If we had a really decent supply of merchandise readily available in the city (and wider world) we would absolutely clean up.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm not just talking about Nike. I'm talking about the club itself.

It is insane that we don't have more of a presence in the city centre. You'd never know Brighton even had a football team. And then yes coupled with the Nike supplier situation it all feels very tinpot, which is completely at odds with how the club runs itself.

If we had a really decent supply of merchandise readily available in the city (and wider world) we would absolutely clean up.

Churchill square is pretty central

Bricks and mortar stores are pretty dead to be honest. I bet the Amex store takes more on a match day than the city store in a week /
Month

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Churchill square is pretty central

Bricks and mortar stores are pretty dead to be honest. I bet the Amex store takes more on a match day than the city store in a week /
Month
Is the Churchill Square store permanent? I had been under the impression it was temporary/pop-up. If not, then that's at least a step in the right direction.

I guess I also mean things like advertising, billboards, on buses etc. When I've visited the city the last few times, you wouldn't know it had a football club, let alone a top half Prem one.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Is the Churchill Square store permanent? I had been under the impression it was temporary/pop-up. If not, then that's at least a step in the right direction.

I guess I also mean things like advertising, billboards, on buses etc. When I've visited the city the last few times, you wouldn't know it had a football club, let alone a top half Prem one.

What would it achieve ? Are there people in Brighton that don’t know we have a premier league football club?

It might make us fans feel warm and fuzzy but the ROI is probably pretty poor

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What would it achieve ? Are there people in Brighton that don’t know we have a premier league football club?

It might make us fans feel warm and fuzzy but the ROI is probably pretty poor
Without wanting to sound like a dick - you surely understand how advertising works?

When I have visited Newcastle, it is very clear there is a football club embedded in that city's heart, in it's culture - constant reminders. It drives awareness, which brings new fans, which drives revenue. If you make people more aware of something (look at this trendy new range of t shirts), and then make that something easier to buy (you can just pop into this shop here rather than take a TRAIN to a middle of nowhere village to buy it), you will make more money.

We have a lot of willing new fans following us online, in the local area and turning up to the Amex (a huge number of Japanese/East Asian fans included). They seem to have plenty of money to spend. If our merch was A> Better and B> More readily/easily available, it would sell in greater quantities, continuing the fortuitous cycle of yet further raising awareness of the club's profile, as those people wear said merch in the city, and further afield.

We are miles behind the equivalent sides around us in the Prem in this respect.

Why do you think these other sides invest so much money in marketing, branding, advertising? Clue - it's not to make existing fans feel warm and fuzzy.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

With respect but were you walking around with your eyes shut? Buses & LED bill boards are a permanent fixture, plus loads of people wearing Albion clobber.

But, in reality we want to have a bigger presence than just B&H. Like it or not we are an international brand.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
With respect but were you know walking around with your eyes shut? Buses & LED bill boards are a permanent fixture, plus loads of people wearing Albion clobber.

But, in reality we want to have a bigger presence than just B&H. Like it or not we are an international brand.
Have to admit I haven't seen the LED billboards - obviously if the club is improving in this respect then good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports