Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

new england kit thoughts on this

el punal

It's bloody awful!

Why oh why oh why, when the English flag is red & white, do so many Enlgand kits turn out blue & white???
Drives me nuts!

You wouldn't see a Scottish team wearing red & white...

Tradition - England's kit for decades was always white shirts with navy blue shorts and the three lions badge WITHOUT the England "label" on top! Then the fashionistas took over.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've never liked the present 'white and red only' kit, it just seems something's missing. Personally I like the round neck and a Cross Of St. George incorporated in the shirt.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
At least the three lions on the badge are the correct colour again. The prototype looks a bit bland, but that's hardly out of keeping with most England kits since the one that was worn to beat Germany 5-1 in 2001.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Jeeeezzzzzz. Red and White, or White and Red if we clash, or one at home and one away. Our flag is Red and White ffs.

So what? Germany play in white but don't have any white on their flag. Italy play in blue, but don't have any blue on their flag. Australia play in gold but don't have any gold on their flag. Japan play in blue, but don't have any blue on their flag. England have worn white and navy blue since the year dot. Changing to all white just to ape Real Madrid looked tacky IMO.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
So what? Germany play in white but don't have any white on their flag. Italy play in blue, but don't have any blue on their flag. Australia play in gold but don't have any gold on their flag. Japan play in blue, but don't have any blue on their flag. England have worn white and navy blue since the year dot. Changing to all white just to ape Real Madrid looked tacky IMO.

I don't know how old you are Joe, but England won the World Cup playing in Red and White. Scotland, Wales, NI, Eire, Argentina, Swiss, Austria, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Brazil, Portugal, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Colombia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Nigeria, Poland, Romania, Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, ...and quite a few more play in the colours of their flag.
England's Commonwealth Games strip, England Hockey and Rugby strip....is......Red and White.
My opinion is i like our strip to match our flag, the same as the other home nations.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I don't know how old you are Joe, but England won the World Cup playing in Red and White. .

I'm well aware of that. It was then and has been until recently England's away strip. White and navy blue at home, red and white away. It's been that way since I was growing up (I'm 34 since you ask) and so don't really see the need to change with that convention.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I'm well aware of that. It was then and has been until recently England's away strip. White and navy blue at home, red and white away. It's been that way since I was growing up (I'm 34 since you ask) and so don't really see the need to change with that convention.

As i stated on another thread, England played the Swiss at Wembley recently, we were the home team, the stadium was awash in Red and White COSG's and shirts, the Swiss supporters turned up with their Red and White flags......so basically Red and White.......we played in Blue with White.
I suppose we disagree, and to be honest i could not give a tinkers cuss what the convention is/was......Red and White for me i'm afraid.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I like it, as long as the away kit is red and in this style then I'm happy

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think it looks quite smart and stylish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here