Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Dunk bid

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Of course they should want to further their careers but a move to sodding WBA is not exactly much of an advancement, other than the financial implications.

Really? Serious case of blue and white tinted glasses on there I am afraid.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
here's some more background about our bid for Shane Duffy according to Sun journo; Alan Nixon.

shaneduffy.jpg

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
Dunk will be gone for £10 million plus £2 million in add ons.

*i have no sauce*

Purely based on the current market.

It only seems it's us who sell and buy for market value whereas Fulham want £12- 15 million for their striker who's 29 yrs old. Andy gray joined Burnley for £9 million was he market value at the time.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It only seems it's us who sell and buy for market value whereas Fulham want £12- 15 million for their striker who's 29 yrs old. Andy gray joined Burnley for £9 million was he market value at the time.

Is it? We've not accepted a bid yet and we didn't last year. The club have made no mention of what price they want and whether we would consider selling for at any price.

As for the others, Fulham paid £11 million for McCormack so are unlikely to sell at a loss given how vital he is for them. Gray was young and had a decent season at Brentford. Proven Championship strikers probably have that sort of market value (and I've heard it was an initial £6 million rather than £9 million)

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
Is it? We've not accepted a bid yet and we didn't last year. The club have made no mention of what price they want and whether we would consider selling for at any price.

As for the others, Fulham paid £11 million for McCormack so are unlikely to sell at a loss given how vital he is for them. Gray was young and had a decent season at Brentford. Proven Championship strikers probably have that sort of market value (and I've heard it was an initial £6 million rather than £9 million)

So as Dunk cost us nothing we should sell cheaply as we didn't have to lay out any money and the "I've heard it was an initial £6million rather than 9" is just speculation on your part as sky and all the papers said £9 million and Brentford also.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Most reports for Andre Gray suggested fee was £6.25m up front with £3.5m in add-ons. (which given they've been promoted and he scored bucket loads they've had to also now pay).

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
So as Dunk cost us nothing we should sell cheaply as we didn't have to lay out any money and the "I've heard it was an initial £6million rather than 9" is just speculation on your part as sky and all the papers said £9 million and Brentford also.

Where on earth did you get that from my post? You stated we're the only team who sell and buy at market value. I said you have no proof of that as we haven't accepted an offer yet (and also surely market value is what clubs will pay for a player).

Did you actually read my post before responding?

As chaileyjem says, it was widely reported as an initial fee of about £6 million for Gray.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
What makes me laugh is people on here saying Dunk wants go leave, are these the same people who said the same last season when Fulham were sniffing around? Look what happened then. Are these people close friends of Dunk to be sure that he wants to leave? Not saying he won't go, but just interested.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii

Buying any asset(s)/commodities in life the item is only worth what buyer and seller are willing to pay and accept.

As for Gray £9 million would seem excellent value right now. Maybe they knew where the value was in the market before anyone else.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Buying any asset(s)/commodities in life the item is only worth what buyer and seller are willing to pay and accept.

As for Gray £9 million would seem excellent value right now. Maybe they knew where the value was in the market before anyone else.

Andre Gray suited how Burnley play. He is great anticipator and reacts quick to situations. I am not sure that will pay as many dividends in the Premiership when he comes up against better defenders. I might be wrong but battering big high balls into the box and hoping they drop to your quick thinking striker may not be as successful for them next year - However I have to agree with you. He was worth £9m to them and more last year.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Really? Serious case of blue and white tinted glasses on there I am afraid.

Definitely been guilty of that before, I don't think so here.

Something like 17th, 13th and 14th in recent years? Their best player who incessantly creates media stories by wanting out. We play better football than them, pull in equal or better crowds than them (in a division lower) and dare I say we have at least a couple of players who would walk into their first 11.

They deserve massive respect for remaining in top flight for a few years but sorry, I don't see the gulf between us and WBA other than a financial one brought about by absurd TV money.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Something like 17th, 13th and 14th in recent years? Their best player who incessantly creates media stories by wanting out. We play better football than them, pull in equal or better crowds than them (in a division lower) and dare I say we have at least a couple of players who would walk into their first 11.

They deserve massive respect for remaining in top flight for a few years but sorry, I don't see the gulf between us and WBA other than a financial one brought about by absurd TV money.
The locals have absurd accents.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Andre Gray suited how Burnley play. He is great anticipator and reacts quick to situations. I am not sure that will pay as many dividends in the Premiership when he comes up against better defenders. I might be wrong but battering big high balls into the box and hoping they drop to your quick thinking striker may not be as successful for them next year - However I have to agree with you. He was worth £9m to them and more last year.

Defensive, counter attacking, long balls did OK for Leicester last year and Iceland at the Euros.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013

So you are saying that West Bromich Albion - who have spent 10 of the last 14 seasons in the top flight - are a similar proposition to Brighton and Hove Albion? I'll have whatever you are on

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Defensive, counter attacking, long balls did OK for Leicester last year and Iceland at the Euros.

The long balls Leicecter played were not directly into the box for knockdowns looking to win a 2nd ball.

Iceland didn't play long balls. And anyhow, they didn't beat a decent team. As soon as they came across a good side, they got slaughtered

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Well I did say in a later post that I had been referring to Goldson...........In fact I even apologised for the confusion

Hi nutz. Keep updating what you hear despite all the doubters.
Deals do not always come off but at least we know what the club are looking at...

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
So you are saying that West Bromich Albion - who have spent 10 of the last 14 seasons in the top flight - are a similar proposition to Brighton and Hove Albion? I'll have whatever you are on

I never said a similar proposition, I said it wouldn't be that big of an advancement. Two quite different things. There are about 10 teams in the PL who you could say with any conviction have solidified their place in top flight. WBA, however unlikely you think they are to go down with Pulis at the helm, are not one of them. They have been 4 points and 3 points off the drop in recent times, they were only 6 points off last year.

But yes you've nipped that in the bud, for survival in the Premier League, since that's all we measure on these days, they are truly superior.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here