New Dunk bid

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I don't want to be contradictory; however, how can we make a claim that he is close and then say you haven't heard back. That's contradictory -

I find it hard to believe we won't sign at least one centre back before Derby. We've got Dunk (subject to a number of bids allegedly), Goldson (currently injured) and Huhnemeier (seems to be permanently injured) and we don't want to face Derby with youth team centre backs. I've been quite vocal in my support of the club but I would lose some faith if we go to Derby with a youth team centre back starting having had all summer to sort it out.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I find it hard to believe we won't sign at least one centre back before Derby. We've got Dunk (subject to a number of bids allegedly), Goldson (currently injured) and Huhnemeier (seems to be permanently injured) and we don't want to face Derby with youth team centre backs. I've been quite vocal in my support of the club but I would lose some faith if we go to Derby with a youth team centre back starting having had all summer to sort it out.

What has this got to do with my post ?

My post related to Goldson, nothing else.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
If it happens then at least we should get enough money to buy two good replacements at this level. If it's going to happen I would rather it happens quickly so we have more time before the Derby game

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
What has this got to do with my post ?

My post related to Goldson, nothing else.

No, it was a response to bhanutz's post about two centre backs being close. Whether you meant to or not, it seemed like you were questioning whether we were signing centre backs. Goldson wasn't mentioned in his post as far as I can see.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
No, it was a response to bhanutz's post about two centre backs being close. Whether you meant to or not, it seemed like you were questioning whether we were signing centre backs. Goldson wasn't mentioned in his post as far as I can see.

Well I did say in a later post that I had been referring to Goldson...........In fact I even apologised for the confusion

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
we don't want to sell, he wants to go.

How might you know this?

If he wants to go then we need to hold out for 12m+ sell on. I'm not exactly confident that all of that potential money will be made available as additional transfer funds, neither do I think we would be able to replace Dunk's quality if it was. We'd probably be able to bring in someone who is less likely to make errors but extremely unlikely to get someone as dominant in the air defensively and such a handful in the oppostion box (especially with knockaert and skalak delivering). Dunk scores some important goals and always will. So however much we get for the transfer and however much we spend of it, we'll be downgrading. Still i'm sure a few dribbling dick heads will be delighted at his departure, stating that he was the 'reason we didn't go up' and the like :facepalm:

Personally I would be absolutely devastated if any part of this team is broken up. Perhaps i'm naive to think that the players should be thinking in terms of unfinished business rather than their wallets. #together and all that.

Of course they should want to further their careers but a move to sodding WBA is not exactly much of an advancement, other than the financial implications.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
How might you know this?

If he wants to go then we need to hold out for 12m+ sell on. I'm not exactly confident that all of that potential money will be made available as additional transfer funds, neither do I think we would be able to replace Dunk's quality if it was. We'd probably be able to bring in someone who is less likely to make errors but extremely unlikely to get someone as dominant in the air defensively and such a handful in the oppostion box (especially with knockaert and skalak delivering). Dunk scores some important goals and always will. So however much we get for the transfer and however much we spend of it, we'll be downgrading. Still i'm sure a few dribbling dick heads will be delighted at his departure, stating that he was the 'reason we didn't go up' and the like :facepalm:

Personally I would be absolutely devastated if any part of this team is broken up. Perhaps i'm naive to think that the players should be thinking in terms of unfinished business rather than their wallets. #together and all that.

Of course they should want to further their careers but a move to sodding WBA is not exactly much of an advancement, other than the financial implications.

I think that is harsh on West Brom. They've been a Premier League team for a number of years. It's not a Burnley or Hull who may well come straight back down.

We've got to be realistic, we may lose one or two players from last season. Nobody wants to lose any of our players but, if Dunk wants to leave, £10 million is not bad for a player who is 24 and doesn't seem to be learning from experience e.g. the Derby incident. I don't blame him for not going up but he does need to learn from experience if he's going to make it.

I also think we could get a couple of very good centre backs for £3 million or so each. That would leave other money for us to spend elsewhere.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
Is what I've heard we want.

Knew the other Albion were a very interested party 5 weeks ago, we don't want to sell, he wants to go.

Anything less and we've been mugged what with the new Premiership windfall these clubs have received.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
and there was me saying weeks ago 10m and was jumped on.
12 m will do thanks ...............................enough to go shopping

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports