Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Dr Who

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Maybe he could do Dr Who as a different charecter each week Edna. His Kenneth Williams was uncanny.

"Here you Cybermen, stop messing about."

Sheens Kenneth Williams portrayal was just as convincing as with clough like I said in the opening post one of the finest British actors ever , maybe in hindsight a bit too good to play Doctor Who now he's a Hollywood star

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Being typecast doesn't mean you are out of work

Being typecast means you get the same roles or nothing....check above post for mentions of "science fiction drama "

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Good movie. Great book.

If you haven't already read it try Duncan Hamilton's ....." Provided you don't kiss me - 20 years with Clough". He was a junior reporter on the Nottingham evening post and became close with Cloughie during the day. It won the William Hill sports book in about 2007/8. It's one of the best books of its kind I have ever read. A great insight into the enigma that was the man. You cannot put it down.

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
More excited about the 50th anniversary docudrama than next series. I love the show but find Smith annoying. Everything's so quirky - whoever they cast next I'd like to see a darker side please.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If you haven't already read it try Duncan Hamilton's ....." Provided you don't kiss me - 20 years with Clough". He was a junior reporter on the Nottingham evening post and became close with Cloughie during the day. It won the William Hill sports book in about 2007/8. It's one of the best books of its kind I have ever read. A great insight into the enigma that was the man. You cannot put it down.

Cosying up to a Mod, how times change.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I read somewhere that David Bradley, who will be playing William Hartnell in the docudrama about the first doctor, would be playing the first doctor in an actual episode where they bring back as many of the past doctors as they can.

I also read somewhere that previous episodes have put a limit on the number of times the doctor can regenerate (possibly 12?), which means they are near the limit.

What if they do something to somehow 'reset' the doctor, and have David Bradley playing him as the first doctor for a while, but clarify that the first doctor is the only one that looks the same because it's his original form, and any future regenerations will lead to new forms, so they are not tied to searching for a lookalike for Patrick troughton.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
'typecast' means whatever you do, a comparison is always made.

Typecast means you are cast as a particular type of character.

A comparison always being made is usually a sign of being synonymous with something, when they think of the actor, they think of a particular role.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Joe Pasquale anyone?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Leo Ulloa - some would say he's already out of this world anyway :D

I'll get my coat....

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I also read somewhere that previous episodes have put a limit on the number of times the doctor can regenerate (possibly 12?), which means they are near the limit.

Yes that has been written, recorded talked about previously, the wonder of sci fi is a good writer can always find a way around it

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

As with so many of the stories, they are more than capable of writing their way out of that.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I read somewhere that David Bradley, who will be playing William Hartnell in the docudrama about the first doctor, would be playing the first doctor in an actual episode where they bring back as many of the past doctors as they can.

What if they do something to somehow 'reset' the doctor, and have David Bradley playing him as the first doctor for a while, but clarify that the first doctor is the only one that looks the same because it's his original form, and any future regenerations will lead to new forms, so they are not tied to searching for a lookalike for Patrick troughton.

A regeneration limit of 12 was mentioned during the Tom Baker era but Patrick Troughton's doctor once asserted 'We can pretty much go on forever - barring accidents' so its by no means set in stone. It could be ignored or chalked up to a 'self imposed' limit which is pointless now there's only one time lord left.

I would love to see Bradley appear as the first Doctor in the new series as he's a fine actor and I actually think the show needs a bit more Hartnell ******* approach as opposed to the cosmic-hobo silliness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here