Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Dr Who

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yeah but if he did as Brian Clough I'd watch it.........

"Hey young man, I don't to talk about loooosing to these bloody Daleks, I want to talk about winning."

:thumbsup: Great actor. Not that many people can pull it off when they're playing someone who's a famous figure themself. Sheen was excellent as Clough, also liked him as David Frost & Tony Blair.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
or even Matthew Macfadyen who plays the lead role in Ripper Street.

Now hold it right there...Matthew MacFadyen you say? If they cast him, even I might overcome my aversion to Dr Who.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
:thumbsup: Great actor. Not that many people can pull it off when they're playing someone who's a famous figure themself. Sheen was excellent as Clough, also liked him as David Frost & Tony Blair.

Maybe he could do Dr Who as a different charecter each week Edna. His Kenneth Williams was uncanny.

"Here you Cybermen, stop messing about."

Marmaduke

SE London Seagull
Apr 28, 2010
SE London
I wouldn't be surprised is Matt Smith left soon. David Tennant has found he has been typecast since leaving. Which is a shame because he's such a brillian actor... Broadchurch is a current example.

Tom Hughes is my bet..... You heard it here first.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Maybe he could do Dr Who as a different charecter each week Edna. His Kenneth Williams was uncanny.

"Ooooh, Matron, you can exterminate me any time"

Though I think Carry On Doctor has already been done :(

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

:love:

11801064_ori.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I had no idea he'd done Kenneth Williams until you said that. Just looked it up on YouTube. Amazing.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I wouldn't be surprised is Matt Smith left soon. David Tennant has found he has been typecast since leaving. Which is a shame because he's such a brillian actor... Broadchurch is a current example.

Tom Hughes is my bet..... You heard it here first.

Typecast ? Er ? Don't think he has been out of work since he quit as The Doctor, acting on the tv, radio,Shakespeare on stage and tv narrations too.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Michael sheen is Brian Clough , here giving Leeds players the greatest team talk ever when you've just arrived at a football club:facepalm: a classic scene
YouTube

Pity that clip did not run for another 30 seconds when Sheen/Clough hooks the ball in over his shoulder and says " could Don f****** Revie do that ? "

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Pity that clip did not run for another 30 seconds when Sheen/Clough hooks the ball in over his shoulder and says " could Don f****** Revie do that ? "

Good movie. Great book.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I would love a women doctor, played in the style of the Saga Norén detective character played by Sofia Helin in the bridge, lots of misunderstandings going on. It's always been made by theatrical loves so whatever character they make the next doctor it will probably be an up and coming theatre actor.

Still trailer for next weekend looks good and am going to enjoy Matt Smith and the lovely new assistant before seeing what the next offering will be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here