Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New deal for Ashley Barnes...

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Don't really think this means much. If he is out of contract at the end of the season, we are just making sure he doesn't leave for nothing. Good business sense really. Doesn't mean he isn't off in the next week, just means we are insuring our assets.

This.

Contracts mean bugger all in the grand scheme of things. If a Premier club comes calling he will be gone in a shot. Bennett is a good example.

SuperBrighton

Apr 18, 2012
Hove
Good to see OG gets his contracts sorted out at the beginning of the season. I hope Barnes signs, he has a bright future IMO.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just need him to sign it now, I am a big Barnes fan so delighted with this news, if he chooses not to accept it, then at least the club have made it clear that they want him to stay. Sign it Ash :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There's a big gap between "offered" and "signed"

Exactly. Surprised so many talking like he's signed it or red gonna sign it...

Where r all the tweeters and posters who were calling for him to be sacked and calling him obscene names after the Bolton game????!!! Prob the same people who jump in with both feet and look for someone to blame all the time...

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Love the way everyone assuming it's good news. Who knows what's in the contract he has been offered??? Could be the same wages, or even less. I can't see him being a regular under Garcia, could just be a squad player contract. None of us really know anything.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Fantastic. Quality player getting better each season.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Love the way everyone assuming it's good news. Who knows what's in the contract he has been offered??? Could be the same wages, or even less. I can't see him being a regular under Garcia, could just be a squad player contract. None of us really know anything.

Well a new contract wont be the EXACT same would it :facepalm: An extension is the minimum what will happen.

Good that he has been offered one though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here