Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New deal for Ashley Barnes...

Ashley's stats - http://espnfc.com/player/_/id/97737/ashley-barnes?cc=5739

CMS's stats - http://espnfc.com/player/_/id/15925/cc/5739

Just a snapshot comparison, last season:

Barnes started 29 games (plus sub 10), scored 9 goals from 53 shots (6 shots per goal) of which 24 were on target (accuracy 2.4 shots on target per goal).
CMS started 26 games (plus sub 7), scored 11 goals from 41 shots (4 shots per goal) of which 20 were on target (accuracy 1.8 shots on target per goal).
Ulloa started 19 games (plus sub 1), scored 10 goals from 29 shots (3 shots per goal) of which 11 were on target (accuracy nearly 1 shot on target per goal).

Ashley had 5 credited assists, CMS had one, Leo had 2.

Yeh, nice work and the 3-4-6 goal ratio for our three strikers pretty much co-incides with my more impressionistic view of their respective abilities. I know it's de riguer to have a strong opinion about Barnes but I'm still surprised at the negativity for CMS here, absence does not seem to make the heart grow fonder for this player who I still think offers us a lot.

Loving this typical NSC thread where you can get simultaneously smashed for both overrating and underrating Barnes at the same time :D

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yeh, nice work and the 3-4-6 goal ratio for our three strikers pretty much co-incides with my more impressionistic view of their respective abilities. I know it's de riguer to have a strong opinion about Barnes but I'm still surprised at the negativity for CMS here, absence does not seem to make the heart grow fonder for this player who I still think offers us a lot.

Loving this typical NSC thread where you can get simultaneously smashed for both overrating and underrating Barnes at the same time :D

3-4-5, surely, 3-4-5.5 at most.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

My negativity is born of my frustration with him after a great start last year which went downhill and just before his injury he had turned into a player who looked totally lost. It could well have had quite a bit to do with the way we played but he had me tearing my hair (or what's left of it) out by the time he got injured as he looked out of place in the team and brought very little to our play.

My negativity is born of my frustration with him after a great start last year which went downhill and just before his injury he had turned into a player who looked totally lost. It could well have had quite a bit to do with the way we played but he had me tearing my hair (or what's left of it) out by the time he got injured as he looked out of place in the team and brought very little to our play.

For me that's quite a loaded take for me on what was happening, yes his form this time last year was stunning and he was scoring goals for fun, things got harder for him as he wasn't quite cut out for the targetman role that Gus wanted from his main striker. At the time of his injury Gus was still exploring the ways to get a partnership out of him and Ulloa, he looked great coming off the bench in that thrashing of Huddersfield, winning a penalty in that second to last game before his injury - and the injury cut that process short - I am looking forward to see Oscar resuming that. A good striking partnership also needs time to develop, needs as much patience I think as the fans are rightly giving Oscar.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
For me that's quite a loaded take for me on what was happening, yes his form this time last year was stunning and he was scoring goals for fun, things got harder for him as he wasn't quite cut out for the targetman role that Gus wanted from his main striker. At the time of his injury Gus was still exploring the ways to get a partnership out of him and Ulloa, he looked great coming off the bench in that thrashing of Huddersfield, winning a penalty in that second to last game before his injury - and the injury cut that process short - I am looking forward to see Oscar resuming that. A good striking partnership also needs time to develop, needs as much patience I think as the fans are rightly giving Oscar.

Oscar likes the formation of 41212, and I could see us using that a lot with Ulloa & CMS up front

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Has he signed yet ?
hmm.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here