[Albion] New Club Statement on OS

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One Robbie Reinelt

Forever Brighton
Feb 28, 2009
You do seem to have a big heart. I'm frustrated more than stressed. I'm mainly frustrated by how many people on here seem to be criticising the club, mostly seemingly because they've decided to dislike Barber, and defend a man who has shown the club we all love such disrespect. I'm not going to make comments on details I don't know, and it is possible Poyet has a decent case to defend, but I fully trust that those running our club are acting in our interests. It's a no-brainer; a lifelong fan who has sunk a personal fortune into providing us with a club, a stadium and an academy we can all be proud of vs an ambitious, egocentric manager who's main interest is himself and his career above all else. Wake up people!

THIS, THIS, THIS!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If they lose it on a point of law it goes to an Employment Appeal Tribunal, then to the Court of Appeal, then to the House of Lords and finally, in 2019, to the European Court. Like I've said before on other threads, employment law is a lawyers playground these days. The moral of this tale? Settle via a Confidentiality Agreement ASAP.

I meant "Compromise Agreement" not Confidentiality Agreement - better get that straight before an NSC barrack room lawyer gets on my case!!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I so hope you are correct, then my season ticket money can be used for buying players and not lining Gus Poyet's pocket.

The lawyers' pockets, surely? This is a concern, especially as we were told we are already losing £8m a year. How much will it cost us? Surely the threat by the club to take on the LMA too is very foolish.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You do seem to have a big heart. I'm frustrated more than stressed. I'm mainly frustrated by how many people on here seem to be criticising the club, mostly seemingly because they've decided to dislike Barber, and defend a man who has shown the club we all love such disrespect. I'm not going to make comments on details I don't know, and it is possible Poyet has a decent case to defend, but I fully trust that those running our club are acting in our interests. It's a no-brainer; a lifelong fan who has sunk a personal fortune into providing us with a club, a stadium and an academy we can all be proud of vs an ambitious, egocentric manager who's main interest is himself and his career above all else. Wake up people!

Well said. Bloom clearly has the Albion at his heart 100% and he's bought Barber in to sort it out commercially. It was a good move. Up until the end of the season I'd thought Barber had done a good job, but he seems to have hit a perfect storm and hit a few own goals. The announcement of the Seagulls Priority and now the handling of the Gus affair seems to have tarnished what had been pretty good work. I just think Bloom needs to have a quiet word in his ear and get him round to being more fan-led.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Having read most of this I am amazed at how polarised we've become. Look, the club had to respond because otherwise LMA seeing it again here. would have held the high ground. However, the club provoked this in the first place with their badly worded statement Monday morning and may be compounded but not makşing the best of responses. The club have pretty much suggested that the LMA have got it wrong so they better have the facts to back them up.

Ive just spent two weeks here in Turkey watching two sides pushing themselves into a corner where negotiations were impossible and I get the feeling we are seeing the same thing here.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Members of the LMA, football managers, regularly meet for conferences and dinners and suffice to say this mess will be discussed - with Gus Poyet in attendance - and I suspect practically every other manager serving in this country will be on his side, rather than ours.

Getting on the LMA's bad books will not do the club any favours considering it consists of many of the most important people in English football.

You are utterly clueless. I can guarantee you any out of work manager wouldnt give a toss about what happened to the last guy or the LMAs view if they had a crack at managing our club.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I really pleased the club don't appear to take no shite, from Poyet or the LMA. Strong leadership is exactly what we need atm.

Spot on as usual Kevtherev.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
If they lose it on a point of law it goes to an Employment Appeal Tribunal, then to the Court of Appeal, then to the House of Lords and finally, in 2019, to the European Court. Like I've said before on other threads, employment law is a lawyers playground these days. The moral of this tale? Settle via a compromise Agreement ASAP.

if you look at many of my other posts here and on other threads I have said more or less that

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
So after 14 years of loads of Albion fans reluctantly becoming experts in planning law, we have a couple of years of fun .... and now the only thing the Club talks to us about is fecking employment law.

*sigh*

That IS funny.

We've had :
Land Law
Planning Law
Administrative Law
Commercial Law

Now we've got:

Contract law
Employment law

who know we may end up with Criminal law too

NSC truly is an education.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
What is wrong with this club at the moment? Why on earth do they feel they have to make this statement? Criticising the LMA will almost certainly deter future managers from joining this club. Shambles.

Utter rubbish

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Bloom plays poker, maybe Barber fences and has called upon LMA to en garde.

This could get messy, but I support the club standing up for itself and preparing to fight for what it believes in. We'd be more of a joke if we just rolled over and gave in, the fans didn't. So I sure hope the board knows what they're doing, and how they're going to proceed to restore what's right.
What he said. Down the years Gordon Taylor has often defended the indefensible just because its one of his members. So this could be one of those instances.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
What he said. Down the years Gordon Taylor has often defended the indefensible just because its one of his members. So this could be one of those instances.

and of coarse it may not be
lets wait and see

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Having read most of this I am amazed at how polarised we've become. Look, the club had to respond because otherwise LMA seeing it again here. would have held the high ground. However, the club provoked this in the first place with their badly worded statement Monday morning and may be compounded but not makşing the best of responses. The club have pretty much suggested that the LMA have got it wrong so they better have the facts to back them up.

Ive just spent two weeks here in Turkey watching two sides pushing themselves into a corner where negotiations were impossible and I get the feeling we are seeing the same thing here.

It's war and no mistake. Should have called Harry Hill months ago.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
and of coarse it may not be
lets wait and see

Of course and Taylor's prior makes him less credible. Everyone's entitled to fair trial as they say. Including hanged murders!!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
The phrase when you're in a hole, stop digging, comes to mind.

The club should just stop making itself look so foolish.

Or maybe, more to the point, you should stop making yourself look very foolish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports