Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Club Statement on OS

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
So do you think that any out of work manager home or abroad would refuse the job at the Amex, because of our issue with Gus?

I don't think anyone who's out of work would refuse a job: poor old Steve Gritt was desperate enough to take the Worst Job In Football in order to pay the mortgage and who could blame him for that.

But that's not the point: If a club acquires a reputation for having a litigious, slighly unhinged and prickly David Brent as chief exec, some managers who would be excellent for us on the pitch might steer a bit clear for that reason.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I don't think anyone who's out of work would refuse a job: poor old Steve Gritt was desperate enough to take the Worst Job In Football in order to pay the mortgage and who could blame him for that.

But that's not the point: If a club acquires a reputation for having a litigious, slighly unhinged and prickly David Brent as chief exec, some managers who would be excellent for us on the pitch might steer a bit clear for that reason.

It is a strange day when I am agreeing with all you say. What next ? Lol !

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
In a weird way I'm actually starting to enjoy this now. It's a bit like eating a particularly hot vindaloo; your gums feel like they're bleeding, you throat is on fire, it's exit the next day is going to burn just as much, but despite all this, it was still an enjoyable curry.

Poyet vs BHA = Vindaloo :thumbsup:

Let's just hope the metaphorical following days evacuation isn't too dramatic.....

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Who were you alluding to with the 'mmmmm' bit exactly then?

It was a cheeky trap to see who fell into it first as I was bored. Great fun.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
But that's not the point: If a club acquires a reputation for having a litigious, slighly unhinged and prickly David Brent as manager, some chairmen who would be excellent for Gus on the pitch might steer a bit clear for that reason.

I see your point, i think :wink:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
This

This

This

This

This

This

Aaand this!

Because any communications strategy should be objective-led. There is clearly no objective-led strategy.

The strategy should be something like this...

Ensure the disciplinary process is conducted in compliance with all employment legislation
Ensure a satisfactory financial outcome for the club
Ensure that supporters are kept informed of the status of proceedings and the relationships with supporters are protected
Ensure that all sponsors are informed of ongoing procedures
Ensure the reputation of the Albion is protected

Now, that's just a rough stab, but had those objectives been set at the outset and followed through then it's likely the whole spat with the LMA would not have happened. However it has. So, with those criteria you can prioritise your response. It affects one of the criteria - i.e. brand reputation so you could say let's respond, but you need to balance the result of action against inaction. Albion's desire to respond (emotive and not rational) has resulted in wonderful news headlines for the papers pushing the negative brand image further onto the front pages.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Albion's desire to respond (emotive and not rational) has resulted in wonderful news headlines for the papers pushing the negative brand image further onto the front pages.

Very few people outside planet BHA will give a monkey's. I read the LMA statement as far more emotive than the club response.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

I for one am pleased that Bloom and the club appear to be making a stand against another money grabbing manager, who is looking for a large pay off for non achievment.
Poyet has in my view been talking and acting badly in his attempt to leave the club for a few months now. Bloom must have seen what was coming and taken legal advice.
All the people stating Poyet is the innocent in all this, are in cuckoo land in my view.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Very few people outside planet BHA will give a monkey's. I read the LMA statement as far more emotive than the club response.

Have a pint and chill out.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Please can someone tell me why so many people on here are on ths clubs back for releasing a statement saying they consider the lma statement yesterday unfair and reserve the righf to sue. Do you want them to roll over and die? Good on them for having the balls to stand and fight for what they consider correct.
So many people so anti the club. Lma release statement, must be correct, club do, what us wrong with them.

Because the some believe Gus has done no wrong - nor it seems can do no wrong - and the club ( specifically Paul Barber ) is to blame for everything.

Anything the LMA says is used to reinforce this view, and is therefore 100% correct.

A Palace fan on here stated the Cult of Gus runs deep, indeed it seems to.

Last edited:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I really pleased the club don't appear to take no shite, from Poyet or the LMA. Strong leadership is exactly what we need atm.

Well said, the world has moved on from doing deals in brown envelopes with no financial transparency. The new Financial Fair Play regulations will mean only well run efficient clubs will be successful. This episode will make Brighton a more attractive club to work at than many others. Wheeling and dealing and not honouring contracts won't be so tolerated in the future at any clubs.
This time next year we will be even stronger because of what we are doing now.

Graymac

May 1, 2013
Isle of wight
Good poker play by Bloom, just raised the stakes, all in on Thursday & we will find out who's been bluffing the most,
IMO headline afterwards will be Gus Poyet & BHA have agreed to part company with no compensation being paid out by either party.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here