[Albion] New Club Statement on OS

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Good poker play by Bloom, just raised the stakes, all in on Thursday & we will find out who's been bluffing the most,
IMO headline afterwards will be Gus Poyet & BHA have agreed to part company with no compensation being paid out by either party.

I so hope you are correct, then my season ticket money can be used for buying players and not lining Gus Poyet's pocket.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
All the people sating Poyet is the innocent in all this, are in cuckoo land in my view.

I agree. I think Gus is an overambitious hothead who's slack jaw is often entirely unconnected to his brain. I'd hope both he and Barber were toast before next season starts. It's the only way to move on.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Good poker play by Bloom, just raised the stakes, all in on Thursday & we will find out who's been bluffing the most,
IMO headline afterwards will be Gus Poyet & BHA have agreed to part company with no compensation being paid out by either party.

said this ages ago
so why have they made the club a major talking point for ages
they all ought to grow backbones man up shake hands and call it a day
or is that 4/5 weeks

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Shepherd's Pie.

1.Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, then soften the onion and carrots for a few mins. When soft, turn up the heat, crumble in the lamb and brown, tipping off any excess fat. Add the tomato purée and Worcestershire sauce, then fry for a few mins. Pour over the stock, bring to a simmer, then cover and cook for 40 mins, uncovering halfway.
2.Meanwhile, heat the oven to 180C/ fan 160C/ gas 4, then make the mash. Boil the potatoes in salted water for 10-15 mins until tender. Drain, then mash with the butter and milk.
3.Put the mince into an ovenproof dish, top with the mash and ruffle with a fork. The pie can now be chilled and frozen for up to a month. Bake for 20-25 mins until the top is starting to colour and the mince is bubbling through at the edges. (To bake from frozen, cook at 160C/fan 140C/gas

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
The press release wouldn't have gone out without TB's blessing.
The club believe that the LMA have got there facts wrong and have released a statement stating as much. It sends a message to the LMA to be very careful about wahat they say in future, It's also a message to the fans saying 'we knew what we are doing and are confident of doing it properly' However this is all immaterial ..... It's a case of Gus v TB and I can think of 130million reasons why TB wins every day of the week!!!!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Shepherd's Pie.

1.Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, then soften the onion and carrots for a few mins. When soft, turn up the heat, crumble in the lamb and brown, tipping off any excess fat. Add the tomato purée and Worcestershire sauce, then fry for a few mins. Pour over the stock, bring to a simmer, then cover and cook for 40 mins, uncovering halfway.
2.Meanwhile, heat the oven to 180C/ fan 160C/ gas 4, then make the mash. Boil the potatoes in salted water for 10-15 mins until tender. Drain, then mash with the butter and milk.
3.Put the mince into an ovenproof dish, top with the mash and ruffle with a fork. The pie can now be chilled and frozen for up to a month. Bake for 20-25 mins until the top is starting to colour and the mince is bubbling through at the edges. (To bake from frozen, cook at 160C/fan 140C/gas

this IS probably the most interesting post for many a week

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Im pleased that the club has responded. However whether this was a molehill or not before, its now become a mountain.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I do more than you will ever know.

You do seem to have a big heart. I'm frustrated more than stressed. I'm mainly frustrated by how many people on here seem to be criticising the club, mostly seemingly because they've decided to dislike Barber, and defend a man who has shown the club we all love such disrespect. I'm not going to make comments on details I don't know, and it is possible Poyet has a decent case to defend, but I fully trust that those running our club are acting in our interests. It's a no-brainer; a lifelong fan who has sunk a personal fortune into providing us with a club, a stadium and an academy we can all be proud of vs an ambitious, egocentric manager who's main interest is himself and his career above all else. Wake up people!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Because any communications strategy should be objective-led. There is clearly no objective-led strategy.

The strategy should be something like this...

Ensure the disciplinary process is conducted in compliance with all employment legislation
Ensure a satisfactory financial outcome for the club
Ensure that supporters are kept informed of the status of proceedings and the relationships with supporters are protected
Ensure that all sponsors are informed of ongoing procedures
Ensure the reputation of the Albion is protected

Now, that's just a rough stab, but had those objectives been set at the outset and followed through then it's likely the whole spat with the LMA would not have happened. However it has. So, with those criteria you can prioritise your response. It affects one of the criteria - i.e. brand reputation so you could say let's respond, but you need to balance the result of action against inaction. Albion's desire to respond (emotive and not rational) has resulted in wonderful news headlines for the papers pushing the negative brand image further onto the front pages.

Blimey,sounds like you have been on rather too many 'Management Speak' courses.
Most papers don't give a toss what is happening at Brighton and readers of those papers even less so.
Negative brand image ,my arse.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
You do seem to have a big heart. I'm frustrated more than stressed. I'm mainly frustrated by how many people on here seem to be criticising the club, mostly seemingly because they've decided to dislike Barber, and defend a man who has shown the club we all love such disrespect. I'm not going to make comments on details I don't know, and it is possible Poyet has a decent case to defend, but I fully trust that those running our club are acting in our interests. It's a no-brainer; a lifelong fan who has sunk a personal fortune into providing us with a club, a stadium and an academy we can all be proud of vs an ambitious, egocentric manager who's main interest is himself and his career above all else. Wake up people!

Could not agree more.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Blimey,sounds like you have been on rather too many 'Management Speak' courses.
Most papers don't give a toss what is happening at Brighton and readers of those papers even less so.
Negative brand image ,my arse.

I'll give this the dignified response that the Albion should have given the LMA.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The press release wouldn't have gone out without TB's blessing.
The club believe that the LMA have got there facts wrong and have released a statement stating as much. It sends a message to the LMA to be very careful about wahat they say in future, It's also a message to the fans saying 'we knew what we are doing and are confident of doing it properly' However this is all immaterial ..... It's a case of Gus v TB and I can think of 130million reasons why TB wins every day of the week!!!!

If TB is signing off press releases then why does he employ a CEO?

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham

well said. Gus was manager of the club, albeit a good one, but managers come and go. The club will always be here

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
This time next year we will be even stronger because of what we are doing now.

I think you're right there.

It’s going to be painful and it’s embarrassing, but we will come out stronger and I think with an enhanced reputation for taking no shit. And although I don’t think we should go for an all out war with the LMA, helping them understand their position in this dispute is not necessarily a bad thing.

Obviously, we could, as a club be completely wrong in all of this and end up with our tail between our legs.

However, I trust Bloom to secure Brighton and Hove Albion’s future more than I trust Gus or Barber. So my faith will stick with him. If he is wrong though...

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
heres just a small thought what happens if the club lose this case??

If they lose it on a point of law it goes to an Employment Appeal Tribunal, then to the Court of Appeal, then to the House of Lords and finally, in 2019, to the European Court. Like I've said before on other threads, employment law is a lawyers playground these days. The moral of this tale? Settle via a Confidentiality Agreement ASAP.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If they lose it on a point of law it goes to an Employment Appeal Tribunal, then to the Court of Appeal, then to the House of Lords and finally, in 2019, to the European Court. Like I've said before on other threads, employment law is a lawyers playground these days. The moral of this tale? Settle via a Confidentiality Agreement ASAP.

Aye. Spot on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here