[Albion] New Club Statement on OS

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Members of the LMA, football managers, regularly meet for conferences and dinners and suffice to say this mess will be discussed - with Gus Poyet in attendance - and I suspect practically every other manager serving in this country will be on his side, rather than ours.

Getting on the LMA's bad books will not do the club any favours considering it consists of many of the most important people in English football.

Actually, I take it back, you are a comic genius.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Members of the LMA, football managers, regularly meet for conferences and dinners and suffice to say this mess will be discussed - with Gus Poyet in attendance - and I suspect practically every other manager serving in this country will be on his side, rather than ours.

Getting on the LMA's bad books will not do the club any favours considering it consists of many of the most important people in English football.

So do you think that any out of work manager home or abroad would refuse the job at the Amex, because of our issue with Gus?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

How do you work that out, its just a glorified union, like the PFA.
Do you think upsetting the LMA will stop Oscar Garcia joining Brighton, or Neil Warnock or any oter manager tha gets offered a new gound, new acadamy and a healthy salary

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Either a bluff by BHA, or a principled stand against a profession who generally treat contracts (and employers) with contempt. Hope its the latter!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Hardly having a tantrum, more diplomatically saying that they are wrong. I mean if your given wrong change in a shop and its a big difference (given a fiver instead of a tenner for example), will you just accept that or would you flag it up and say that they are wrong ?

How is being short changed an appropriate analogy ? For the record I'd just ask for the correct change. I wouldn't issue a willy waving press statement.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

Sorry mate, that's rubbish.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My God this is getting pathetic now. I'm off to support Palace instead.

LOl ! The whole affair is starting to stink more than the streets of Brighton now.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The LMA released a PUBLIC statement slating the club so its only fair the club release a PUBLIC counter-statement about the LMA.

Hardly having a tantrum, more diplomatically saying that they are wrong. I mean if your given wrong change in a shop and its a big difference (given a fiver instead of a tenner for example), will you just accept that or would you flag it up and say that they are wrong ?

They arent saying "Its not fair", they are saying the LMA are wrong.

It's not really advisable to release a statement in response. Any adviser worth their salt would have told them that they don't have to. The objective here is not responding to the LMA, it is in dealing with the situation with regards to Gus.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It's all a bit like " who has the biggest cock ? " now. What next ? Interesting times.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Bloom plays poker, maybe Barber fences and has called upon LMA to en garde.

This could get messy, but I support the club standing up for itself and preparing to fight for what it believes in. We'd be more of a joke if we just rolled over and gave in, the fans didn't. So I sure hope the board knows what they're doing, and how they're going to proceed to restore what's right.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
This. Who is behind all this ? mmmmmm

So this is all a conspiracy orchestrated by the machiavellian villain Barber, whilst the man who's ploughed a personal fortune into the club sits there going "oh you sort it out Paul, I'm a bit sleepy".

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
People moaned about the lack of comments from within the club now they are moaning that the club is commenting

The German people moaned about the unfairness of the Treaty of Versailles, so Hitler gassed 6 million jews. I don't think that's what the German people had intended. Crap analogy, but you know what I mean.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So this is all a conspiracy orchestrated by the machiavellian villain Barber, whilst the man who's ploughed a personal fortune into the club sits there going "oh you sort it our Paul, I'm a bit sleepy".

The only person who has mentioned Barber is you !

Godstar

Jan 18, 2012
Sodom..or is it Gomorrah!

Oh Bugger, does this mean that Harry Redknapp, Stuart Pearce & Glen Hoddle won't be applying for a job any time soon then?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
The Club Chairmen also have their own forum...........so Gus could equally be a topic of conversation over the prawn sarnies.

I don't think for a minute that the LMA's stance would put many managerial candidates off coming to The Amex, I'm sure there will many out there looking at the resources Gus had to work with and would jump at the chance.

The only people who might not come here are his mates Zola and Di Matteo...... and I even wonder if they would turn it down? They have both shown they can rise above Club politics and do a job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports