Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] NEW: Barber on Hughton, and our big signings.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Did Barber say that ? I think he said that Hughton would have been at the forefront of fixing what went wrong during our spell of poor form.
'Any Premier League manager who goes through a period of losing games without scoring is going to be criticised.
"The pressure will build naturally. It comes from fans, media, pundits, but it also comes from the manager himself. Chris sets and demands and maintains very high standards, not just for his players but also for himself.
"
He was also clear that signings don't work out, that the 2nd half of the season has been "difficult' , and said that the back to back defensive games against Wolves and Spurs were "hard and it's not particularly exciting if you are a Brighton fan" and a strategy of just keeping in the Premier League , is for a fan, not "inspiring".

I was reading between the lines, accurately it transpires

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Obviously I do not know, as only very few do, but I would think the alarm bells were sounded with the Southampton home defeat and confirmed with the Bournemouth and Cardiff and the decision taken then as to the eventual outcome and timing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here