Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New ban on kids kickabouts after the game

albionsam

Mar 25, 2014
No, you're simply an idiot.

I might be a idiot , But thats what boys do , Its good to see lads playing and interacting not sitting stuck watching a tv screen .
In a few years time you could be chanting the name of one of those lads .

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
assuming that this is real and not just one moody steward having a trip, one has to consider that if there is such a ban all of a sudden, probably someone got a ball in the face and complained. H&S doesnt just get invoked unless somethings happened (or theres a "risk assessement" which they'd have done long ago). so some miserable barsteward has spoilt the fun.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Maybe the club could look at creating a simple indoor beat the keeper or soccer skills zone post match in a corner of the lower east and west stands or outside the North. I'm sure the kids would love it and so would the parents whilst they supped their drinks in peace.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Yeah quite right ... ever stopped to consider that they have no consideration for those amongst our number who struggle to get around on walking sticks ....
It's a football club, not a frigging old people's home...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I cant believe people are moaning about the club banning kids from kicking a football about inside a football stadium haha If thats what the club are banning that is.

Let them kick a ball about outside fair enough, but if people are trying have a beer or a pie, the last thing they want is a ball knocking their drink over their top or whatever. Or the club having a kid run into a table stand and getting sued.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I cant believe people are moaning about the club banning kids from kicking a football about inside a football stadium haha If thats what the club are banning that is.

Let them kick a ball about outside fair enough, but if people are trying have a beer or a pie, the last thing they want is a ball knocking their drink over their top or whatever. Or the club having a kid run into a table stand and getting sued.
The ban includes all areas outside the stadium and applies regardless of whether any real inconvenience or risk is caused.

Health & Safety gone mad. They will need to ban the people who run down to the station next as surely this activity involves a risk to themselves and others...?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
The ban includes all areas outside the stadium and applies regardless of whether any real inconvenience or risk is caused.

Health & Safety gone mad. They will need to ban the people who run down to the station next as surely this activity involves a risk to themselves and others...?

The club don't want kids playing football so close to the ground - it might embarrass or intimidate some of the players if the see someone tackle or score a goal!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Why can't the parent(s) just buy them a small ball or would that mean they miss out on a pint
For the indoor concourse game the empty plastic bottle is the best option as even Leo Ulloa would struggle to get one significantly airborne...

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton

Well maybe is the dads paid attention to their kids bumping into people whilst chasing a plastic bottle around in the concourses, and got the kids to keep their game to a small area and not the whole width of the concourse, the club may have turned a blind eye.

I don't blame the kids, their just being kids, but all they needed was dad to tell me to be careful when bumping into people.

So instead of moaning, maybe keeping their games in a smaller area might not have resulted in a ban inside and outside.

I wouldn't blame health and safety mate. Its just called having a bit of respect for others in the concourses.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
having read all this thread and the one about the judge, I wonder if I have moved into another dimension.
this really is not the way to make friends and influence people is it.
none of this should really bother me as I cannot get to matches, it is PC gone absolutely mad and it does bother me that the club I love are being so petty with the supporters that are doing just that supporting the club, this especially with the football being as it is.

END OF RANT

off to bed now with my home-made clacker under my pillow hopefully to dream about how the club I love used to be
can the club management for Christs sake get a grip

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here