Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] new away fan ID/ticketing system

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I think you’ve got to the crux of it at the end there

Does anyone else really think that Brighton out of any of the premier league clubs, owned by Tony Bloom - a lifelong fan, a club that insists that the history of the club/saved by its fans is instilled into every player, new manager before they walk through the door, or even season tickets, unlike others, didn't go up this year, last year , or the year before doesn't care about fans. This is a minor rule change for a club that won't matter for 99% of us, most of whom think a loyalty scheme to get difficult to get away tickets is very fair - but even if you do think its unfair, an inconvenience and outrageous - to then leap to the idea that the club couldn't care less about fans and that Tony Bloom or Paul Barber or Supporter Services or anyone else at the club - don't care for anyone other than those who have paid a few grand for a box is quite the leap. Can we tone down the rhetoric for what is at most a 1-2 minute conversation with an Albion member of staff who then hands you back an envelope.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Does anyone else really think that Brighton out of any of the premier league clubs, owned by Tony Bloom - a lifelong fan, a club that insists that the history of the club/saved by its fans is instilled into every player, new manager before they walk through the door, or even season tickets, unlike others, didn't go up this year, last year , or the year before doesn't care about fans. This is a minor rule change for a club that won't matter for 99% of us, most of whom think a loyalty scheme to get difficult to get away tickets is very fair - but even if you do think its unfair, an inconvenience and outrageous - to then leap to the idea that the club couldn't care less about fans and that Tony Bloom or Paul Barber or Supporter Services or anyone else at the club - don't care for anyone other than those who have paid a few grand for a box is quite the leap. Can we tone down the rhetoric for what is at most a 1-2 minute conversation with an Albion member of staff who then hands you back an envelope.

Paragraphs dear boy, paragraphs as my English teacher once said to me, before hitting me over the head with a board rubber (really showing my age - violence AND chalk in the classroom).

Seriously though, good points well made.

If this new rule is coming into affect today, how many NSC'ers have been randomly selected?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Some proper sensitive souls on this thread. I’d bet hardly anyone on here get collared for it. Deliberately targeted I reckon.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Does anyone else really think that Brighton out of any of the premier league clubs, owned by Tony Bloom - a lifelong fan, a club that insists that the history of the club/saved by its fans is instilled into every player, new manager before they walk through the door, or even season tickets, unlike others, didn't go up this year, last year , or the year before doesn't care about fans..

Agreed - pretty insulting to Tony Bloom to be honest. Or fans just assume he’s dumb and has no idea what’s going on at his club

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Some proper sensitive souls on this thread. I’d bet hardly anyone on here get collared for it. Deliberately targeted I reckon.
Which comments exactly led you to this conclusion? Just an online discussion about the loyalty scheme, with little drama if any.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm probably commenting without a proper understanding so feel free to disregard if so, but anyone who travels away is a representative of Brighton & Hove Albion and although not "owned" by the club, the club does bear responsibility for their behaviour i.e covering any damage to stadia or reputational damage for fan arrests etc. If the club is having to to work with the home team to identify who has caused said damage, it's not unreasonable to have a degree of control over who has tickets. By that I mean "wants to know that the name on the ticket matches the hand carrying it in".

I struggle to believe that this is just a random assault on fans freedom, rather a reaction to fans getting tickets through non-conventional means and behaving badly afterwards.

It's no surprise that the fans whining about this on Twitter are also coincidentally the same fans who think Potter should be booed because he didn't ask their permission before going to Chelsea and take offence at any tiny infraction on their football going experience. After all, it IS all about them. I find it a little odd that the dynamic seems to be that the club now has to solely serve the needs of that small group of persistent whiners, otherwise they'll have a mini-meltdown on twitter with [MENTION=37966]Zamora[/MENTION]4Ever and [MENTION=7540]beano[/MENTION]1901 or whatever.

Word.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's impossible to determine genuine instances.

Let's face it, most of us will have quietly passed-on unusable tickets with good intentions at some point.

But many others were taking the p1ss, literally asking for or promoting 'spares' in public forums - and they've f**ked it for everyone.

Good post. If you’re going to get angry and blame someone it’s the p1sstakers and not the club.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Not sure Jack Albion making the point that PB prefers Corporates over riff raff warrants an essay of debate. All he did was state the obvious. Nobody insulted Barber even, let alone Tony Bloom.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
54E5FB4D-41DF-48D6-B85C-E63D2B1AAD03.png

Thought on the TV something looked odd at the front. Man and kid and couple to the side not celebrating we scored - ****ing appalling. So how did these plastic scousers get tickets… club should look and find out. Unless they’re player tickets - in which case 2 months wages fine please… ridiculous this can happen.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
View attachment 152397

Thought on the TV something looked odd at the front. Man and kid and couple to the side not celebrating we scored - ****ing appalling. So how did these plastic scousers get tickets… club should look and find out. Unless they’re player tickets - in which case 2 months wages fine please… ridiculous this can happen.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Another one here

132777bd2f94dcd00091ceb262f41ac8.jpg

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
View attachment 152397

Is that Liz Costa behind them (pale blue top and white jacket) with her hand up screaming for a policeman because they’re not celebrating enough?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
View attachment 152397

If they have bought tickets through unofficial means they will be put off by the new rules. If they have legit tickets from going to games and earning points there is nothing the club can or should do. It’s a bit weird to travel so far to watch the game in the away end whilst supporting the home team but there are weird people about. There were 3 Man U ‘fans’ in front of us on the first day of the season but they looked like they were having a shit day. Karma.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here