Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] new away fan ID/ticketing system

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Hope I get a free badge or T-shirt when I pick up my ticket at Brentford. Something along the lines of 'Not guilty I collected my ticket'

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Surely if you are entitled to buy a ticket for let’s say Brentford surely it’s your own fault if you didn’t react quick enough, don’t get the crying about others doing whatever with their tickets.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Surely if you are entitled to buy a ticket for let’s say Brentford surely it’s your own fault if you didn’t react quick enough, don’t get the crying about others doing whatever with their tickets.

For someone with legit ticket(s), you seem VERY upset by all this.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Who's claiming they were entitled to a ticket and didn't get one?

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
If the “whatever with their tickets” you refer to, is actually having no intention of using said ticket and selling it on, then I think people are not surprisingly a bit upset, possibly not tears before bedtime but upset none the less. Certainly the club seem duly upset to the point of taking action to ensure this doesn’t happen anymore.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If the “whatever with their tickets” you refer to, is actually having no intention of using said ticket and selling it on, then I think people are not surprisingly a bit upset, possibly not tears before bedtime but upset none the less. Certainly the club seem duly upset to the point of taking action to ensure this doesn’t happen anymore.
Surely they had the same opportunity to buy a ticket in the first place though? I’m presuming the two smaller gated grounds would never go below tier 1.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Are you being deliberately obtuse ? There are people who were unable to buy tickets because some in the top tier purchased when they were not actually going to use the ticket and thereby prevented others in the next tier down from purchasing. Being in the top tier does not entitle you to purchase and resell. It only allows you to purchase and watch the game. Hopefully that is now cleared up.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Are you being deliberately obtuse ? There are people who were unable to buy tickets because some in the top tier purchased when they were not actually going to use the ticket and thereby prevented others in the next tier down from purchasing. Being in the top tier does not entitle you to purchase and resell. It only allows you to purchase and watch the game. Hopefully that is now cleared up.

20 pages in and you'd have thought people would have got it a lot sooner. To be fair, most have.

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
I have a legitimate ticket for Brentford away and I’m not in the Albion+ or a ST holder. Sometimes it’s who you know not what you know :wink:

Here you are boasting that somehow you have got a ticket and that you did not have the points to purchase one yourself.

It seems you are one of the people tier 1 and tier 2 are complaining about.

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
What part of legitimate are you not understanding?

Once again and throughout this thread you are being obtuse for the specific point of winding people up, you choose not to explain how you have a ticket that you could not purchase in your own right that other people are denied.

You state you have it on the basis of " who you know "

You either have a comp or one in the home end

Or are a beneficiary of the high rollers buying tickets for mates than many on this thread object to, the same people the club is supposed to be clamping down on.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
I went to Darlington to watch us lose in January 1998 /QUOTE]

I went two seasons later, when we actually won. Made memorable (if that is right word) because I was so hammered I had to watch the whole match with one hand over an eye because I was seeing 44 players, 2 refs and 4 linesman and it was the only way to vaguely 'get the gist' of what was happening in front of me :facepalm:

Anyways, back to the thread

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Once again and throughout this thread you are being obtuse for the specific point of winding people up, you choose not to explain how you have a ticket that you could not purchase in your own right that other people are denied.

You state you have it on the basis of " who you know "

You either have a comp or one in the home end

Or are a beneficiary of the high rollers buying tickets for mates than many on this thread object to, the same people the club is supposed to be clamping down on.
If someone else ‘bought’ me a ticket it wouldn’t be legitimate would it. I’m not going to reveal who from but yes it’s a comp. To be fair people are only moaning about a couple of fixtures a season it’s not a constant away game issue. It seems a big over reaction to me but there you go. Take who you want to Arsenal full ID inspection at Brentford it’s not consistent.

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
If someone else ‘bought’ me a ticket it wouldn’t be legitimate would it. I’m not going to reveal who from but yes it’s a comp. To be fair people are only moaning about a couple of fixtures a season it’s not a constant away game issue. It seems a big over reaction to me but there you go. Take who you want to Arsenal full ID inspection at Brentford it’s not consistent.

My view is it is all about control, the whole thing is so illogical with the points you raise and the fact that the +4 is at the cost of " purchase history" category.

Wuntbedruv is an attitude not just a username but many will just put up and tell people to shut up.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
My view is it is all about control, the whole thing is so illogical with the points you raise and the fact that the +4 is at the cost of " purchase history" category.

Wuntbedruv is an attitude not just a username but many will just put up and tell people to shut up.
Mate I’m everything against establishment seems strange of you to dig me out of all people if that’s how you feel. Football is there to be enjoyed by everyone not just the wealthy. If it’s a 1901 member found guilty of breaking the T&c’s it will all go away, Normal fan Rob who gave his ticket to a mate because he couldn’t make it will get flamed no doubt.

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
Mate I’m everything against establishment seems strange of you to dig me out of all people if that’s how you feel. Football is there to be enjoyed by everyone not just the wealthy. If it’s a 1901 member found guilty of breaking the T&c’s it will all go away, Normal fan Rob who gave his ticket to a mate because he couldn’t make it will get flamed no doubt.

I got the impression you were just on a wind up, i have sympathy for genuine fans who have level 2 points but being stiffed by people buying for their chums who had no intention of going.

In the same way I have sympathy for those with purchase history who can't get Arsenal.

The whole thing is nothing to do with finding the bad guys, Arsenal +4 proves that. It is all about control and getting the sort of fans PB wants . He will swap loyalty, passion and " Atmosphere " for another corporate diner every day.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I got the impression you were just on a wind up, i have sympathy for genuine fans who have level 2 points but being stiffed by people buying for their chums who had no intention of going.

In the same way I have sympathy for those with purchase history who can't get Arsenal.

The whole thing is nothing to do with finding the bad guys, Arsenal +4 proves that. It is all about control and getting the sort of fans PB wants . He will swap loyalty, passion and " Atmosphere " for another corporate diner every day.

None of this would have been an issue had those morons that got arrested had their own legitimate tickets. As it is, the club are rightly addressing the issue and the practice of harvesting points without going to games will be reduced.

With regard to the Arsenal tickets, seems a bit of a mountain out of a molehill. Albion + members were able to buy before STH + guests. The only people that have not been able to buy are purchase history. Guessing someone who bought a ticket 10 years ago for one game has purchase history. Anyone that goes a few times a year is surely going to be an Albion+ !

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

I think you’ve got to the crux of it at the end there

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings

100% this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here