Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Albion scholars 2020-21 - Player profiles

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
I believe Tsoungui is currently injured - he hasn't featured since the PL2 fixture against Leicester City on Feb 22nd (and posted "I'll be back" on social media on March 9).

It is possible they bring Turns in, but usually they'll make that change in the preceding match so I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jackson/Offiah partnership continue (it is the most used CB pairing for the U-18s this season).

Zak Emmerson was subbed at half-time on Saturday - assuming he wasn't injured, I would imagine that was done with a view to keeping him fresh for Wednesday, so again I would expect he'll start up front at Villa Park.

Very good points, thank you.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
mentioned on other thread. Is this our best chance of winning FA youth cup. Still remember everybody caught out with 4/5k attending Chelsea game at Withdean

I'm holding you personally responsible for tonight's defeat. :angry:punish:

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Young Albion forward Zak Emmerson has been involved in the England U-17 training camp over the last few days.

Today they beat a Watford U-23 side 2-1. Emmerson was in the squad (based upon his number, probably not starting, but if his comment is accurate, coming on as a sub).

Obviously it won't count as an official cap, but good for him to be involved.

ZakEmmersonEngU17vWatfordMarch302021.jpg

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Also, Albion beat Southampton 6-1 today in the quarter-finals of the U-17 Premier League Cup (it used to be an U-18 competition, but changed this season). Basically, it means the bulk of the players involved will be 1st-year scholars. I think a limited number of overage players are allowed, and of course younger age groups are eligible.

I know Middlesbrough are also through to the semi-finals, not sure about the other teams - limited info available.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Also, Albion beat Southampton 6-1 today in the quarter-finals of the U-17 Premier League Cup (it used to be an U-18 competition, but changed this season). Basically, it means the bulk of the players involved will be 1st-year scholars. I think a limited number of overage players are allowed, and of course younger age groups are eligible.

I know Middlesbrough are also through to the semi-finals, not sure about the other teams - limited info available.

Blackburn Rovers are also through, and the remaining quarter-final is between Leicester City and those pesky Villains.

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall

This information lead me on to this; http://youthhawk.co.uk/w/index.php/2020-21_Under-17_Premier_League_Cup

Shows that another couple goals have been scored each by Emmerson, Moran, Everitt, Ifill this season.

Any idea who the scorers were yesterday?

Feels strange that the club wouldn't promote this sucess.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Thought this table (http://youthhawk.co.uk/w/index.php/England_Youth_Internationals_2020-21) was a great indication of our youth player success.

Only Arsenal, Villa, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Manure, Spurs with more current England youth players.

In addition to those listed, Alex Cochrane and Tom McGill also played for England sides just last season.

Current U-16 lad Eliot Jenks (Teddy's younger brother) has been involved in an England training camp, U-15 Jaydon Fuller has just been called up for the Welsh U-16 squad and U-14 Layth Gulzar, in November, was invited to an England U-15 training camp.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Blackburn Rovers are also through, and the remaining quarter-final is between Leicester City and those pesky Villains.

Albion will face Leicester City in the semi-finals of the U-17 Premier League Cup:-

[TWEET]1379526741341958144[/TWEET]

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
In addition to those listed, Alex Cochrane and Tom McGill also played for England sides just last season.

Current U-16 lad Eliot Jenks (Teddy's younger brother) has been involved in an England training camp, U-15 Jaydon Fuller has just been called up for the Welsh U-16 squad and U-14 Layth Gulzar, in November, was invited to an England U-15 training camp.

Jaydon Fuller was in the Welsh squad for the 3-2 friendly win for Wales U-16s over England at St George's Park today.

He didn't start but was amongst the subs - not sure yet if he came onto the field of play.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Albion will face Leicester City in the semi-finals of the U-17 Premier League Cup:-

As always, thanks for posting this stuff. What a win! We seem to be like a tree where there is more going on beneath the surface than even the green shoots above attest :thumbsup:

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall

Glad its Leicester not Villa, feel confident we can win this! Youthhawk suggesting the other semi will be played on the 14th April. Leicester u18s have the FA youth cup on the 16th April so educated guess is it will be played on the 21st April? Busy!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here