Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Albion Members and loyalty points for A+ Match Grade (unfortunately ;-))!

Alexander17

Aug 28, 2023
Hello everyone,

I'm delighted to discover the existence of this albion forum...
I live in France and for the last 3 months I've been trying to organise a weekend in Brighton for my brother, who is an absolute fan. He became a fan after spending a few years working in the hotel industry in Eastbourne.

As he's turning 40 on 7 October, I'm trying to organise a weekend for him, including of course a visit to the amex!
So I bought 5 memberships for the 2 of us and our friends attending the weekend, thinking I'd be able to buy tickets today.
However, I've noticed that I won't be able to buy them until 4 September as I don't have any loyalty points on our cards... As we just joined few months ago, fair enough.

So my question is, do you think there will be any tickets left available for the 5 of us next week or will everything be sold to ST holders and members with loyalty points?
Knowing that we'll be playing Liverpool that weekend, I can understand that buying tickets might be more complicated...

Thank you for your advice!

Alexander

MyAlbion+ members* with 195+ points On Sale Tue 29 Aug (login required)
MyAlbion+ members* with 1+ points On Sale Thu 31 Aug (login required)
All MyAlbion+ members* On Sale Mon 4 Sept (login required)
Season Ticket Holders Guest On Sale Tue 5 Sept (login required)
BUY MEMBERSHIP
*14 days from the date of purchasing membership required before you may purchase tickets for this game

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Hello everyone,

I live in France and for the last 3 months I've been trying to organise a weekend in Brighton for my brother, who is an absolute fan. He became a fan after spending a few years working in the hotel industry in Eastbourne.

As he's turning 40 on 7 October, I'm trying to organise a weekend for him, including of course a visit to the amex!
So I bought 5 memberships for the 2 of us and our friends attending the weekend, thinking I'd be able to buy tickets today.
However, I've noticed that I won't be able to buy them until 4 September as I don't have any loyalty points on our cards... As we just joined few months ago, fair enough.

So my question is, do you think there will be any tickets left available for the 5 of us next week or will everything be sold to ST holders and members with loyalty points?
Knowing that we'll be playing Liverpool that weekend, I can understand that buying tickets might be more complicated...

Alexander

BUY MEMBERSHIP
*14 days from the date of purchasing membership required before you may purchase tickets for this game
From my experience of buying tickets a a member, you will be able to buy 5 tickets but definitely not together. I struggle for 2.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
You should be able to buy tickets but probably not 5 seats next to each other. If you don’t have a Scouse accent you could phone supporter services and explain the situation and see what they can suggest.

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
Keep a close eye on the ticket exchange as it will almost certainly be opened for this game after all categories have had a chance to buy. Not likely to get 5 together but you could get lucky with 5 in close proximity.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Hello everyone,

Alexander

BUY MEMBERSHIP
So......he's an ABSOLUTE fan eh...? So absolute, he isn't even a member of our club...?

Is it really worth you going to all this trouble, just for one match...? Which just happens to be against Liverpool.

Well, good luck with your exceedingly generous idea of enrolling FIVE of you in our club. It's the sort of dire need that one normally only associates with die-hard Liverpool supporters desperate to get away tickets.

I admire your tenacity.

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
From my experience of buying tickets a a member, you will be able to buy 5 tickets but definitely not together. I struggle for 2.
You’re doing it wrong then. I’m a member and have been able to get a pair of tickets in great seats for every big game I’ve wanted. Just need to be on top of the on sale date/time.

Agree that more than 2/3 together would be a difficult task.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Please understand the slightly cynical responses @Alexander17 - given it's a game against a "big club", people are putting two and two together.

As the person who activated your account, I know that you do live in France at the very least, and I'll respond in good faith as the information may help someone else who searches for a similar thing in the future.

As others have said, buying five tickets together is incredibly unlikely to happen, unfortunately. There will be tickets available, but you'll just have to grab what you can as close together as you can find.

As mentioned above, the ticket exchange will come into play at some point. This is when season ticket holders, who can't attend, put their seats up for resale. You don't need to look anywhere different for these seats - they show up in the same seat maps on the club site. However, it could prove worthwhile checking the ticket site regularly, as it will state when the exchange has become active, which means any tickets that STHs have listed will all be released for sale. Getting in quick when that happens, may give you a better chance of finding pairs etc.

Good luck.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Hospitality might be a way that you can get tickets together or at least spend time together - and I would strongly recommend it,
but obviously a huge outlay. Depends if you want to splash out on your brother's birthday.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Might be worth joining the Facebook group and posting a heads-up on there. People often post that they've put thier season ticket seats on the exchange.

Attachments

• 1693296334240.png
    1693296334240.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 27

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
See you lot, he does live in France so Calm down eh.
The whereabouts of the 'brother' is not what some people are challenging. When I lived in mainland Europe I had a couple of Liverpool supporting friends for whom trying to get tickets for Liverpool matches seemed to be almost a full time occupation. No ruse was left unturned.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Please understand the slightly cynical responses @Alexander17 - given it's a game against a "big club", people are putting two and two together.

As the person who activated your account, I know that you do live in France at the very least, and I'll respond in good faith as the information may help someone else who searches for a similar thing in the future.

As others have said, buying five tickets together is incredibly unlikely to happen, unfortunately. There will be tickets available, but you'll just have to grab what you can as close together as you can find.

As mentioned above, the ticket exchange will come into play at some point. This is when season ticket holders, who can't attend, put their seats up for resale. You don't need to look anywhere different for these seats - they show up in the same seat maps on the club site. However, it could prove worthwhile checking the ticket site regularly, as it will state when the exchange has become active, which means any tickets that STHs have listed will all be released for sale. Getting in quick when that happens, may give you a better chance of finding pairs etc.

Good luck.

See you lot, he does live in France so Calm down eh.

The other four, however, live elsewhere.
Why do we think the one in France is buying the tickets?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

I'm not normally a sceptic, honestly.

I hope your brother enjoyed working in the hotel industry in Eastbourne.

The Eastbourne hospitality sector has always been renowned for attracting folk from a certain part of the country.

Merseyside.

Alexander17

Aug 28, 2023
Thank you for all your replies! I wasn't expecting to get the crowds so excited... :)

Thanks for the good advice, wel will try to get tickets.
For those who think we're Liverpool fans, i can understand your point. It would upset me also if away supporters tried to get home tickets....
But I don't think I can give you any proof here that will change your mind that my request is honest... we really are coming to brighton for 5 days to discover the city and if we manage your beautiful team...

Unfortunately for us, we planned the trip before the PL schedule so OK it will be a good game if we manage to get tickets but it makes things much more complicated for me.
And personnaly i would have prefer to go to liverpool ;-)

My brother may not have been a member for 10 years with 1,000 loyalty points, but he still manages to recognise Laurent Tolaj when he sees him in the street in Monthey (Switzerland), so I think it's fair to say that he's a bit interested in the club... ;-)

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Thank you for all your replies! I wasn't expecting to get the crowds so excited... :)

Thanks for the good advice, wel will try to get tickets.
For those who think we're Liverpool fans, i can understand your point. It would upset me also if away supporters tried to get home tickets....
But I don't think I can give you any proof here that will change your mind that my request is honest... we really are coming to brighton for 5 days to discover the city and if we manage your beautiful team...

Unfortunately for us, we planned the trip before the PL schedule so OK it will be a good game if we manage to get tickets but it makes things much more complicated for me.
And personnaly i would have prefer to go to liverpool ;-)

My brother may not have been a member for 10 years with 1,000 loyalty points, but he still manages to recognise Laurent Tolaj when he sees him in the street in Monthey (Switzerland), so I think it's fair to say that he's a bit interested in the club... ;-)
Even more suspicious…….

…. we really are coming to brighton for 5 days to discover the city and if we manage your beautiful team...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here