Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New £55 million investment into The Amex?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just skimmed the story in the Argus. The plan is a 150 room hotel alongside the East stand, sunk slightly into the ground to reduce its impact. The hotel could be open in time for the rugby world cup. The Bridge car park and education centre next to it would be used to create new student accommodation and a multi storey car park.

The aim is to generate additional revenue streams for the club, of course.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
We will be a League one team with not only the biggest stadium but also the biggest hotel. ,..Meanwhile we invest nothing where it matters and that's on the pitch.

Financial fair play? Financial bollocks more like!
Don't know where to begin with this. Why exactly do you think they're planning to build these things?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
pa8avunu.jpg

Useful enlargement....a shot showing the build in relation to the Stadium too obvious?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It was a hotel project that nearly killed off Chelsea and a hotel project that delayed Wembley. I'm sure there are examples of hotels built near grounds that have been a financial success but I can't think of any.

Still, the multi-storey carpark should please a lot of people on here - that will surely make money.

Bet the Falmer residents are going bonkers though. Will it be the supermarket next?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Smoke screen.

Diversification into areas of business they know nothing about is unrealistic and unwise.

How this business venture is supposed to make BHA financially secure for years to come (as is being reported) is unclear.

It also goes against the grain of what the club suggested when it was pleading its case with local residents. Poor show.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
It was a hotel project that nearly killed off Chelsea and a hotel project that delayed Wembley. I'm sure there are examples of hotels built near grounds that have been a financial success but I can't think of any.
Is that right? Can you please confirm the details and contact Tony Bloom before the club go any further with this madness.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Smoke screen.

Diversification into areas of business they know nothing about is unrealistic and unwise.

How this business venture is supposed to make BHA financially secure for years to come (as is being reported) is unclear.

It also goes against the grain of what the club suggested when it was pleading its case with local residents. Poor show.

& how do you think TB is worth £750m more than you?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Odd timing. Very odd.

Indeed.

Also I remember a local cabbie asking me a while back if there were plans for hotels etc there. I almost laughed at him & said something like 'we had enough problems getting the stadium approved'. Shows what I know.

If these plans really do have to be approved by a Green led administration (though I know planning committees are cross party) and the LDC these plans surely have a snowball in hell's chance?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Might not be a bad shout - lack of good business hotels actually in Brighton, especially with parking.

The Hilton at stadium:MK does well I believe, as does the hotel at the new St George's Park due to relatively close proximity to Alton Towers.

I imagine this will be funded outside of the club, so won't affect playing budgets or anything like that.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Where is the bridge car park? Is this Bennett's field, the Uni of Sussex, the little one behind the north? How many do we have and where: can someone provide a quick guide please :) ta.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I imagine this will be funded outside of the club, so won't affect playing budgets or anything like that.

I would tend to agree. I just can't see us manning the barricades at the planning meetings this time round.

D

Deleted member 22389

I don't see a problem with it. It doesn't effect us and if it brings extra money to the club later on that's got to be a good thing.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Indeed.

Also I remember a local cabbie asking me a while back if there were plans for hotels etc there. I almost laughed at him & said something like 'we had enough problems getting the stadium approved'. Shows what I know.

If these plans really do have to be approved by a Green led administration (though I know planning committees are cross party) and the LDC these plans surely have a snowball in hell's chance?

And turn down funds to help them try and retain power, hundreds of construction jobs, huge future ongoing employment, increased tax....50,000 unique ? Amex attendees votes at risk if they try & stand in the way of the juggernaut... King Canute they are not

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here