Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New 20-21 Brighton Kits Release Prediction

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Got to have stripes for me. I absolutely love stripes. Very proud to be one of a few teams that wear them. It looked very weird today.

Slightly off topic, went to the Black Horse today. They were showing the Liverpool game again.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What will the away kit be ? Probably the same template.

Gold / Yellow with blue pin stripes?

Leeds white with blue pin stripes ?

Red with black pin stripes ?

Oh when the pins go steaming in.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Jeez, each season we hear screaming from the rafters on these boards about how Nike cant even get blue & white stripes right, and how crap their shirts are EVERY year.
They try something a bit different & retro, and they still get a roasting....theres no pleasing some people. Personally I quite like it, but if they'd stuck with stripes I would've liked it too...

Its a bloody football shirt FFS :shrug:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Possible, but not because of real Albion fans that's for sure...... Only because the PL customers and JCL's that Barber loves are far more important than club identity or lifelong fans wishes.

Lifelong fan wishes ?

What ?

Speak for yourself, it needed a refresh..... the last three seasons kits have been almost identical. There is only so much you can do with stripes.

It’s a nod to the past, it changes it up for a short period of time and its only a kit.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
i set up a poll ... i suspect that they naysayers just shout the loudest

You're right on the percentages, it's not 50-50. Two thirds are for it, one third against. I still think the strength of feeling is stronger than usual but I guess getting 2/3 of the fan base loving it is better than having most indifferent to it. Personally, I hope we go back to proper stripes next year.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Amazingly, following me ordering one at 4pm yesterday when the online store became "unlocked" and could order one of these, they've despatched it this morning!! There's ALWAYS a lengthy wait for the new shirt and this has gone against all expectations. #BarberOut (although very pleased really that it is already on its way, so #BarberNotOut in retrospect).

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
There is some absolutely elite level tantrums being thrown in this thread, peterward in particular should take a bow :lol:

Grown men losing their shit because they don't like the look of an item of clothing – 2020 is the year that REALLY keeps on giving :lolol:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Tantrums? Hardly dfp. Kit actually looks fine....... for Portsmouth, it's just not an Albion home kit imho.

Oh come of it, you’ve posted 6 times in this thread and they’ve all been proper sulky teenager stuff. We’ve had kits without the traditional sized stripes for approximately 20% of our history, that’s a reasonable amount to be fair. Just because you don’t like it, it doesn’t mean it’s a Pompey shirt, it’s got Premier League badges for a start, and the fact it has our badge and our sponsors on it it’s very much our kit, you just don’t like it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Oh come of it, you’ve posted 6 times in this thread and they’ve all been proper sulky teenager stuff. We’ve had kits without the traditional sized stripes for approximately 20% of our history, that’s a reasonable amount to be fair. Just because you don’t like it, it doesn’t mean it’s a Pompey shirt, it’s got Premier League badges for a start, and the fact it has our badge and our sponsors on it it’s very much our kit, you just don’t like it.

No it hasn't. Premier league badges are sold separately.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It looks like a Pompey shirt

Tantrums? Hardly dfp. Kit actually looks fine....... for Portsmouth, it's just not an Albion home kit imho.

image.jpeg

For you 2 and anyone else that thinks it looks like a Pompey shirt, I see no red on our new shirt.
And for anyone saying it looks like a Pompey kit, rather than shirt, they have red socks.

EDIT- Many apologies for posting this photo :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here