Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Never post but...

el punal

As stated, usually read and not post as feel after watching us for 30 years I always feel I will regret saying things on the the spur of the moment.

After today it is the first time I have felt a manager should NOT be given time,with his tactics he will get us relegated,simple as that.

Pretty football and youngsters is relegation.

Also my son works in hospitality and looks after media and managers after game and unlike previous manager is unapproachable and leaves his office like a tip,manners cost nothing.

Bloody hell mate, you really are a cheerful sod. So by your reckoning we should sack our manager (coach) after just seven games. Fine, then the new bloke comes in and things don’t work out, do we sack him after seven games? The same strategy then repeated throughout the season? That’ll be five managers then. Who do you think we are - Watford?

And he leaves his office in a tip? :mad:

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
As stated, usually read and not post as feel after watching us for 30 years I always feel I will regret saying things on the the spur of the moment.

After today it is the first time I have felt a manager should NOT be given time,with his tactics he will get us relegated,simple as that.

Also my son works in hospitality and looks after media and managers after game and unlike previous manager is unapproachable and leaves his office like a tip,manners cost nothing.

I think we all agree you should go back to your old philosophy of not posting

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
The manager is doing a fine job!

He can’t help it if we miss simple opportunities to win games. Lack of a cutting edge has cost us points so far not the manager.

As you were.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
We are doomed and would not surprise me if we finish bottom and relegated by March and everyone who wanted Chris can say we told U so and all the media that were up in arms when Chris was sacked can say karma to Tony Bloom

CH may well have taken us down this season, we will never know.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019

I was about to retire from here, but my last parting act will be to post these six words yet again: Sod. Off. You. Sad. Palace. Prick.

For anyone doubting this imbecile’s Palace credentials, here is his almost identical post from last year on a Hughton thread:

If you set out not to lose you will never win a game of football.With one up front you need pace not Murray.We will get relegated.Watched The Albion for 30 years and never seen such a gutless performance.
Never posted before but never felt like this after a game ever.

And anyone believing this gimp has a son who works in hospitality and that GP would do what he describes above...really?!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This morning my kitchen was a mess.

I guess I'll never manage a Premier League football club.

Their loss.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Difficult to explain in words how much I disagree with this part.

Hansen's "You can't win anything with kids" quote springs to mind.

Developing young talent is the ONLY way we can stay up in the long-term.

Playing positive football like the top clubs is the ONLY way we can stay up in the long-term.

Dull, defensive football might keep us up for a few seasons, but luck will run out. Nearly did last season, which is why he got the boot.

I respect your opinion, but you're wrong. This is the most exciting season for us, as it's the first time we've been looking like a Premier League team. We will stay up as a result of it, and the long term benefits will be truly untold.

Of course it's a results business, but results will come. We've been very, very unlucky, and we're still 16th.

Just watched highlights against Chelsea and have to say, Dan Burn might be our unluckiest player ever! I’m feeling for the guy. Both ends of the pitch. In just the few games so far this season, what a record of if only’s!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Playing positive football like the top clubs is the ONLY way we can stay up in the long-term.

Dull, defensive football might keep us up for a few seasons, but luck will run out. Nearly did last season, which is why he got the boot.

I respect your opinion, but you're wrong. This is the most exciting season for us, as it's the first time we've been looking like a Premier League team. We will stay up as a result of it, and the long term benefits will be truly untold.

Of course it's a results business, but results will come. We've been very, very unlucky, and we're still 16th.

I agree. The elephant in the room the last two seasons was that we were punching massively above our weight, completely reliant on moving the horse-shoe formation up and down a 20 yard window of opportunity, and were always one underhit pass away from conceding the only goal of the match. Plucky, dull as ****, and heading for relegation with our creativity buttocks firmly clenched.

Obviously I don't want us to go down this season, and feel it is less likely than I felt it was this time last season (despite the three back to back 1-0 wins). But if we do, I can see us bouncing back immediately whereas under CH we would have struggled to keep pace with the derring do of the ambitious sides in that division.

But...yes, we look like a proper PL side, now.

The OP has been a fan for 30 years but joined NSC in 2018. Calling [MENTION=38145]Palacefinder General[/MENTION]!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Just woke up to read this. My first reaction was palarse. Then I read the rest of the posts. Why do people converse with them. I can spot palarse a mile off.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Just woke up to read this. My first reaction was palarse. Then I read the rest of the posts. Why do people converse with them. I can spot palarse a mile off.

This. Four posts, three of them slagging off the manager (2x Potter, 1x Hughton). Just a less prolific Spence.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I agree. The elephant in the room the last two seasons was that we were punching massively above our weight, completely reliant on moving the horse-shoe formation up and down a 20 yard window of opportunity, and were always one underhit pass away from conceding the only goal of the match. Plucky, dull as ****, and heading for relegation with our creativity buttocks firmly clenched.

Obviously I don't want us to go down this season, and feel it is less likely than I felt it was this time last season (despite the three back to back 1-0 wins). But if we do, I can see us bouncing back immediately whereas under CH we would have struggled to keep pace with the derring do of the ambitious sides in that division.

But...yes, we look like a proper PL side, now.

The OP has been a fan for 30 years but joined NSC in 2018. Calling [MENTION=38145]Palacefinder General[/MENTION]!

Wise and considered words. We are no longer STINKING the division out even if we aren’t setting it alight. We were an embarrassment by the end of last season with our complete and utter negative cluelessness.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Are you sure your Son is happy with you posting this on a site watched by 25000 Brighton fans and monitored by the club ?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The Seagulls Stasi never sleep.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Well-argued post.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I would give a shit if he left a warm turd but otherwise I’m with you

You’re entitled to your opinion but I’m in the “potter can poo wherever he likes, even in his office, if he keeps us up” camp.
It’s a good debate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here