Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NEVER give up on your Pet.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Thank you for your patronising post. Vets have been known to be wrong.

Not to mention bloody expensive as well. The fees they charge are little short of outrageous.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Lets keep it civil folks. I have no beef at all for afters comments as they were perfectly reasonable to ask. I can say Harry is rocking. If I thought anything less I would hate myself but decided to try and give him a new lease of life. He is now happy, loving his food, loving his trips out to the garden and further afield. I think as owners the ultimate responsibility is knowing when to call it a day for our pet but Harry is not at that stage yet. I will do it when it is time and it is not yet so this was meant to be a happy tale and it is for me and Harry so far.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Lets keep it civil folks. I have no beef at all for afters comments as they were perfectly reasonable to ask. I can say Harry is rocking. If I thought anything less I would hate myself but decided to try and give him a new lease of life. He is now happy, loving his food, loving his trips out to the garden and further afield. I think as owners the ultimate responsibility is knowing when to call it a day for our pet but Harry is not at that stage yet. I will do it when it is time and it is not yet so this was meant to be a happy tale and it is for me and Harry so far.

I am being civil. I was backing you and being called stupid for it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I appreciate it. Said my piece. Long live Harry !

this with knobs on
I have probably been to, worked with, and had stand up rows with more vets than most and have come to the opinion that all have the animals health uppermost in their minds
some can be wrong(we have two cats living with us that the vets wanted to PTS one has lived on for 12 years and the other 8 years) simply because I did know the animal better than the vet........but that is me.
it really gets back to that old word TRUST again, if you trust your vet and can discuss any problem with them as you would your Doctor then everyone should be happy including your pet.
long live Harry

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I agree with people suggesting if the dog is in pain, then keeping him alive is selfish. But you know your dog, US. If he wants to fight on, rightly so. But when the time comes, let the old boy go with dignity and class.

I'm not sure I'd ever be able to make the call on my cat though. It would be a massive wrench. I'll never have a cat like him, no question.

Long live Harry. :bowdown:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
not wanting to put a downer on the mass celebration, but a qualified vet told you over three months ago that the dog was suffering and should be put down, and you've pumped him full of drugs and he's dancing a jig? maybe he's in agony and can't tell you. just a thought.
Vets aren't infallible.

Genuinely please for you U.S.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
you're welcome.

put it this way: mad old lady goes to vet with dodgy pussy. vet says "this cat is ill". mad old lady says "you're wrong i know my felix better than you" > cat suffers

You've probably made your point by now.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
At 13 my retired Greyhound was given a similar diagnosis by a Vet.

He gave him an anti-biotic shot at my request and he came good, lasted til he was 15.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here