Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Netflix - What's good to watch?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I've just watched the reality Squid Game series. Watched the first episode out of curiousity but didn't take much to get drawn in and really enjoyed it.

I was however irrationally annoyed that in the second-last round and after having got all that way, one of the final 3 competitors disregarded laws of probability and gave themself a 50/50 chance of elimination instead of of giving themself a 75/25 chance of progession. You'll know what I mean when you watch it.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
If you love music, the history of some of the most iconic music albums and photography check out Squaring the Circle (The Story of Hipgnosis) a documentary about Storm Thorgerson and Aubrey 'Po' Powell
Totally agree - a cracking documentary. Hipgnosis had extremely high standards when it came to images, and thus many of the iconic covers over the years were courtesy of Storm, Po, and co.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Just finished bodies still not sure what’s going on tbh. Steven Grahams character didn’t make any sense in parts.

I enjoyed it, but I thought the last episode and the comeuppance didn't do the series justice.

and what was the bit with the future copper at the very end in the current timeline? She hadn't aged so must have figured out time travel back from the 1800's!

Oh and the ability to heal her spine :D

I enjoyed it too.

Re. your spoiler:
I guess you missed the big letters on the skyscraper in the background during the taxi scene. Cliffhanger in case the series gets renewed

Hudson Hawk

Feb 20, 2017
Upper Beeding
I enjoyed it too.

Re. your spoiler:
I guess you missed the big letters on the skyscraper in the background during the taxi scene. Cliffhanger in case the series gets renewed

No i did but forgot to mention, but what does it mean? Or like you say, they'll attempt to explain that in the next series if it ever gets renewed.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
'Rebel Moon' isn't.

Goodness knows how much they spent on it.

'Battle beyond the stars' is better ... And shorter.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I've just watched the reality Squid Game series. Watched the first episode out of curiousity but didn't take much to get drawn in and really enjoyed it.

I was however irrationally annoyed that in the second-last round and after having got all that way, one of the final 3 competitors disregarded laws of probability and gave themself a 50/50 chance of elimination instead of of giving themself a 75/25 chance of progession. You'll know what I mean when you watch it.

The final few episodes were trash, they could have found some basic skill based games to find a winner rather than just having two final games of chance.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
'Rebel Moon' isn't.

Goodness knows how much they spent on it.

'Battle beyond the stars' is better ... And shorter.
We really enjoyed Rebel Moon.

Battle Beyond the Stars is now on the list as haven’t seen that.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Enjoyed 'Sisu'.

Near the end of WW2 an ageing Finnish gold prospector has his find confiscated by some Nazis. So he kills them and then sets off to kill lots more.

90minutes. Very, very violent.

(A lot shorter than John Wick 4)

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Rebel Moon etc etc Part 1 - on the whole looks great (apart from the odd bit of shaky CGI) but the $166 million clearly wasn't spent on the storyline/writing. Found it very dull. Not holding my breath for the (two! Including an R-rated version) Director's Cuts or indeed part two.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Rewatched the first two series of slow horses on Apple TV over Xmas. Looking forward to series 3. Gary oldman’s character is absolutely fantastic.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Halfway through Bodies and really enjoying it - thought the segments set in the future are the weakest which I think is down to the actors

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Watched Tenet on Netflix over crimbo, amazingly confusing but great fun...its like a slightly simplified Inception.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here