Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Netflix - What's good to watch?

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Just did Lupin S3. Not bad. Beckham. For such a young kid he had a lot going on. Get Gotti which is a 3 parter about the Mob in NYC. And just started Bodies which I am liking already.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Just did Lupin S3. Not bad. Beckham. For such a young kid he had a lot going on. Get Gotti which is a 3 parter about the Mob in NYC. And just started Bodies which I am liking already.
I’m enjoying bodies, just finished ep 3 - have no idea what the hell is gonna happen next!

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
I’m enjoying bodies, just finished ep 3 - have no idea what the hell is gonna happen next!
It was enjoyable, but I felt there was one important detail missed, unless I didn't pick up on it..?

What was the reason for Maddix needing to go back in time? In the 'future' he was already leader of the KYAL party, so what was he going to change by going back in time?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It was enjoyable, but I felt there was one important detail missed, unless I didn't pick up on it..?

What was the reason for Maddix needing to go back in time? In the 'future' he was already leader of the KYAL party, so what was he going to change by going back in time?
It depends how you view it. He might always have been KYAL leader but did he need to set up the bootstrap paradox in order for his party to take off? i.e. on the "original" timeline, he might have just been some random fruitcake who then goes back into time, takes Harker's place and becomes wealthy in order to kick-start KYAL. When 2053 comes round again, he's all wealthy and running the country with a cult but knows he has to go back or he doesn't exist

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
If it's a dig at political correctness the Guardian is hardly like to be on side. For that reason I'm going to give it a go.

Just finished the Beckham doc so need something else to get involved with. Thought it was average at best. Didn't really go into the real reason why he went to the states. You have to join the dots yourself at the end with the not so subtle hints dropped by Messi joining Inter Milan for the exact same reason. Even then they made it out like he retired and woke up the next morning and said I fancy owning a football club. Also the bit about his affair made him out to be the victim because of the press hounding.

Posh comes across as a right twat on the whole but does redeem herself slightly in the last episode.

Roy Keane and Ferguson come out of it well. Capello and Hoddle don't.

Fat Ronaldo looks like a lot of fun on a night out!
Yeah, nothing was ever his fault, was it?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Really loving ' Young Sheldon '. I was aware of The Big Bang Theory but never watched it. Really easy going feel good comedy.

The Hermit Kingdom

Oct 29, 2023
The Psychopath Life Coach. Now there is a guy with a story! :oops:o_O

Appalling acting in ‘All the Light We Cannot See’ and yet another example of a lauded book hyped way beyond the sum of its (mostly boring) parts.

Nicks

Don't know if this has been recommended on here in an earlier thread but
National Geographic, One Day in America.
6 Episodes from different perspectives about 9/11
Absolutely brilliant, brutal and emotional.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
The Railway Men. Indian four part series about the Bhopal tragedy. I think it only dropped in the last week. Two episodes in. Interesting dramatisation based around real events.

See if you can hear the moment where the soundtrack shamelessly nabs the same set of jarring notes used in Chernobyl. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, as that was truly monumental telly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here