Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Netflix - What's good to watch?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Just binge watched Bodies over a few days. So much going on in the storyline you really can't look away from the TV. It deffo gets better and all comes together in the end. Overal I enjoyed it and I stop watching 80% of shows after the first couple of episodes..

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

The Tassie Seagull

Dave Clarkson's Left Sock
Working through Bodies at the moment. Have just finished watching 'Dark'. A German show (3 seasons) that also has a time travelling element to it. Really need to be on the ballm watching it to follow it through and working out who is who, but overalll was a good watch.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Really enjoying Bodies - great storyline but does Stephen Graham ever get a day off, he seems to be in everything?

Looking forward to new series of Lupin too. I saw that it was on when I was over in Marseille and looked forward to catching an episode but the flat didn't have Netflix. I'm glad it's come to British TV so quickly, I thought there might be a delay

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
3 facts that are not so fondly remembered

It was only a draw at home to Greece, in the main, a poor result
We still needed a favour from Finland against Germany to qualify (despite thrashing the germans 1-5)
Germany still qualified anyway and got to the final

So, a brilliant free kick but ultimately meaningless
But that's crap. If he hadn't scored we wouldn't have qualified. It was an iconic moment of English football. The fact that the team as a whole was relatively crap doesn't take away from Beckhams brilliance in a do or die scenario

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have just read this review.

It doesn't sound great, does it?

Not sure if you're asking if it's any good, or suggesting it is!
I loved it. I watched it completely blind - having no idea what it was really about.

I then looked for reviews and saw that Guardian write-up which amused me.

When someone calls another character a "stumpy little c***" early on, I was always going to be on board!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I loved it. I watched it completely blind - having no idea what it was really about.

I then looked for reviews and saw that Guardian write-up which amused me.

When someone calls another character a "stumpy little c***" early on, I was always going to be on board!
If it's a dig at political correctness the Guardian is hardly like to be on side. For that reason I'm going to give it a go.

Just finished the Beckham doc so need something else to get involved with. Thought it was average at best. Didn't really go into the real reason why he went to the states. You have to join the dots yourself at the end with the not so subtle hints dropped by Messi joining Inter Milan for the exact same reason. Even then they made it out like he retired and woke up the next morning and said I fancy owning a football club. Also the bit about his affair made him out to be the victim because of the press hounding.

Posh comes across as a right twat on the whole but does redeem herself slightly in the last episode.

Roy Keane and Ferguson come out of it well. Capello and Hoddle don't.

Fat Ronaldo looks like a lot of fun on a night out!

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Not new by any means, but just finished Better Call Saul.

Incredible. Can't stop thinking about it. Slower than Breaking Bad, but just, if not more, as rewarding. One scene in an apartment with a candle, you know if you know, still has me shocked.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Incredible. Can't stop thinking about it. Slower than Breaking Bad, but just, if not more, as rewarding. One scene in an apartment with a candle, you know if you know, still has me shocked.
Absolutely. We finished it soon after it was released and still talk about it.

A staggeringly good programme.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

We're now into S4 of it. I'm enjoying it. That said, having been through six odd series of Breaking Bad, it's beginning to feel like overload. Still, it's the (16yo) boss that decides what we watch.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Working through Bodies at the moment. Have just finished watching 'Dark'. A German show (3 seasons) that also has a time travelling element to it. Really need to be on the ballm watching it to follow it through and working out who is who, but overalll was a good watch.
Watching Dark? You need this.
Dark.PNG

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
We're now into S4 of it. I'm enjoying it. That said, having been through six odd series of Breaking Bad, it's beginning to feel like overload. Still, it's the (16yo) boss that decides what we watch.
From season 4, it's when the show really picks up. Stick with it, it's worth it.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Dark is really well cast, isn't it? The actors playing the same character in different periods are really believable

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023

Probably best ever, for us. Brilliant from start to finish. It helps to watch Breaking Bad first, but not absolutely essential.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here