Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Netflix - What's good to watch?

bobbab5

Sep 5, 2003
Ely, Cambs.
I recently watched Treason, starring Charlie "Daredevil" Cox and Olga Kurylenko.
Five 40ish minute episodes and doesn't outstay its welcome, I watched it all in one night.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Watched 'Bank Of Dave' the other day.

One of those well intentioned, nicely acted, plucky brit type of films. 'Made In Dagenham', 'Pride', that sort of thing.

Easy watching, good natured.
We watched this last night. Nice, easy to watch lovely little movie.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Physical:100 has me hooked already - first two episodes just came out. 100 people, mainly Korean, competing to prove they are the strongest with lots of excitement and jeopardy engineered in. Is like strongest man crossed with squid game.

I recommend watching it in Korean with English subtitles. Dubbed in English was just weird for a reality TV show.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Its not on Netflix, but no point starting a separate thread for it...
Started watching Atlantic Crossing last night which is on the Drama channel. Only watched the first episode, but it looks like its going to be a very good series.
All about the Norwegian Royal Family and their escape from Norway when the Germans invaded in 1940. Mostly in Norwegian with subtitles, but some English in there too, and Kyle McLachlan plays Roosevelt.
Worth a watch I reckon, if you're interested in the 1940s WW2 era.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
The Recruit was fun.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patreon
Oct 20, 2022
“There are rich teams and there are poor teams, then there is 50 feet of crap, then there’s us”

And there’s new series of Formula 1 Drive to Survive

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Amazing. I was going to post on this thread this morning to recommend a fantastic film we watched last night, only to find it was the very FIRST recommendation on the thread!

Do yourself a favour and watch this if you haven't already:

'Don't Look Up'.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Does it rely on being up to date with the TV series, @studio150 - Mrs D and I saw some but haven't seen the most recent (yet)?
No. from the series the two main characters that remain are Luther and Martin Schenk. This film is set beyond the end of the series and I would think easily watchable whether you have watched all, some or none of the series.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Luther

Brilliant, dark and works very well as a two hour film.

Watch the ending very carefully there may be a clue for the next move for Idris
are you kidding , what a load of old tosh ....agree about the ending though and Serkis developed into a Bond level baddie in the last 20 minutes ....127 minutes of my life i'll never get back

Dark Waters worth a watch

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Full Swing is well worth a watch if you are a golf fan.
Found this by searching the site for "Full Swing", as I'm just watching it now - on the Joel Dahmen episode - and really enjoying it. Netflix do such a good job at picking lesser-known angles and stories for these shows and documenting them in such a watchable way.

Anyway, I was going to WhatsApp you to say we really need to go to the WM Phoenix Open one day - it looks mad!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I've watched the Waco documentary and it is very interesting. Surprisingly fast paced for Netflix which helps (3 x 50 min episodes)
We enjoyed Luther even though it was bonkers.
Full Swing is good. Rory comes across really well and it was highly noticeable that the only time Brooks Kepka's eyes lit up was when the interviewer mentioned LIV.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Found this by searching the site for "Full Swing", as I'm just watching it now - on the Joel Dahmen episode - and really enjoying it. Netflix do such a good job at picking lesser-known angles and stories for these shows and documenting them in such a watchable way.

Anyway, I was going to WhatsApp you to say we really need to go to the WM Phoenix Open one day - it looks mad!
If you haven't, you absolutely must watch 'The Battered B*****ds of Baseball'.
It's not about baseball - it's a love story, with one of the best 'where are they now' group reveals I've ever seen.

Plus Crime and Punishment about The Danbury Trashers - that's just mentals from start to finish.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I’m game!!

Watched MH370 yesterday about the Malaysian Airways plane that simply vanished. Interesting viewing but don’t expect to watch it and be any closer to knowing what actually happened.

Was half way through the first episode before realising it probably wasn’t the best thing to be viewing on a flight.

Flying back tonight so have Waco to watch.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Still not sure if Luther was intended to be a comedy? Did anyone else think the bodies under the ice were a reference to the bodies in the marshes in Lord of the Rings?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here