Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Netflix - What's good to watch?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
…awarded some manors and crappy castle in Berry Pomeroy

Actually, as castles go, Berry Pomeroy is quite spectacular. I’ve been a couple of times (my wife’s from Devon), and it’s a thumbs up from me.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Im ill at home with the dreaded covid, so I've finally got round to finishing off Narcos Mexico. It's a good series but does portray too many of the the drug lords a sympathetic characters, rather than greedy psycopaths.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Actually, as castles go, Berry Pomeroy is quite spectacular. I’ve been a couple of times (my wife’s from Devon), and it’s a thumbs up from me.

So have I, I took a book my grandad was given with the family tree, big chunky thing from the turn of century god knows why, I think the Pomeroys fell out of favour and basically sold the castle to another wealthy family after a few hundred years. he was a vicar nearby as well briefly, until my dad got a local girl pregnant (aged 15 both of them) and they had to leave under the cover of darkness, and came to Brighton where he fecked up another relationship :lolol: at the time my grandad was at St Barnabas on Sackville Road, I think my grandad died of a heart attack there, I wonder why :facepalm:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Oh how exciting, did you have a part ?
My interest has grown greatly having now traced my tree back to Harold I ‘the White’ (King of Bornholm in Denmark) Bjornsson (although born in Sweden).
direct link as well through my Grans German side, parents not uncles or aunties, also Bjornsson as legend has it and I take with a pinch of salt relates further up the line to possible Bjorn Ironside.
The other side of the family goes back to 1066 and a knight that came over William the Conqueror and was awarded some manors and crappy castle in Berry Pomeroy - Ralph de la Pomerai,

makes sense why in my DNA test I only got 10% British, 42% Western European and 39% Scandinavian.

Why did i vote for brexit !!

Stunt work. It’s my “parallel career”’ as such. In my best years I worked on Dr.Who, Skyfall, Mad Max, a James Bond TV series that got dropped, Fury and lots of TV stuff and “straight to DVD” things. Was good fun. I only do a couple of things a year now.

I know a little bit about Harold The White.

That’s a great lineage. So much leads to 1066. A pivotal moment for Britain.

Last edited:

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Took a chance on a film last night, which I knew nothing about, called 'Against The Ice'. I thought it was a fabulous film, based on a true story, about a Danish expedition.
Well acted, gripping, inspiring and most of all, in the current situation, a film full of hope.
Highly recommended.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Stay Close based on the Harlen Coben novel with the location moved from America to North West England. A good cast which includes Richard Armitage James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard.
The events of a cold case some years ago impact on the lives of a family mother, a photographer and police detective. Binge watching as you just want to see the next episode and details emerge.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Just rewatched Braking Bad

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
The Bombardment. Based on true events and is very harrowing, especially so with what is going on in Ukraine

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Finished this last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it, limited series and would recommend it. Julia Garner of Ozark fame plays the lead role of Anna Delvey...

Amazing how opinions can differ. I’ve watched the first two episodes and think it’s dreadful. I don’t think I’ll be watching another one.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Amazing how opinions can differ. I’ve watched the first two episodes and think it’s dreadful. I don’t think I’ll be watching another one.

I too have just finished 2/9 of Inventing Anna, and find it casts a spell in the same way The Queen's Gambit did. Highly stylised, slyly amusing. And all based on an intriguing modern day mystery. I love it. As you say, amazing how opinions can differ

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Spanish series ‘Elite’ is an absolute hidden Netflix gem imho, a cut above in every department, the writing, the plot dovetailing, the acting, not a single filler moment.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I too have just finished 2/9 of Inventing Anna, and find it casts a spell in the same way The Queen's Gambit did. Highly stylised, slyly amusing. And all based on an intriguing modern day mystery. I love it. As you say, amazing how opinions can differ

I thought Queen’s Gambit was excellent, I just can’t warm to Inventing Anna.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I’m currently watching “The Sinner” I enjoyed the first two series but I’m finding the third a bit heavy going, a bit stodgy. Nearly through it now though and I believe there is a fourth which I’ll also watch.

6.5/10

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Never made it to the end of Don't Look Up... Mrs V lost interest about half way and we never went back.. I has also got pretty bored with Lawrence shouting " **** " every 7 minutes or so and breaking down.
Yeah I watched the start then spooled to the end of the film, that was enough.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Finished the new series of Top Boy last night. I didn’t think it was quite as good as the previous series but still very good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here