Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Netflix - What's good to watch?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Watched a pretty decent (if bit explicit) drama about a serial killer set in Portsmouth. No jokes please…..

Can’t remember the name of it but Hugh Bonneville and Dervla Kirwan were in it…..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just watched Death to 2021... Has some good laughs, Charlie Brooker is one of the producers and it features Tracey Ullman and Diane Morgan so, worth a watch.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I've watched After Life over Christmas having not got round to it before and absolutely loved it - found it got the balance between humour and humanity absolutely perfect and couldn't stop watching. Can't wait for the next series now.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
This. Head-mental cast of A-Listers playing it for laffs. Deeper meanings are available. Reminiscent of 1996 classico Mars Attacks! in look and feel. Tremendous fun! 9/10

I'd give it a similar score
Very funny, well written and great acting.

I was interested to see it's had such mixed reviews, especially from the US. I suspect it may depend on your pre-held views/beliefs. Subtle it ain't!

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Stay Close with Jimmy Nesbitt!

Probably posting this on the wrong thread! Is there a what's not good to watch on Netflix thread? This one has more plot holes than swiss cheese!

A pole dancer has to escape her old life which had somewhat spiraled out of control, started a new life and a new family and stayed hidden for 17 years, albeit it appears that she only moved 5 minutes down the road and simply changed her hair colour and that was enough to keep her safely hidden away from the dark under world that she used to inhabit just up the road at the Vipers club!

It's actually so bad that it's probably worth watching just for the chuckles - I'd struggle to give it more than one star but it was trending at number one on Netflix for quite some time, so maybe I was missing something... Anyone else?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Stay Close with Jimmy Nesbitt!

Probably posting this on the wrong thread! Is there a what's not good to watch on Netflix thread? This one has more plot holes than swiss cheese!

A pole dancer has to escape her old life which had somewhat spiraled out of control, started a new life and a new family and stayed hidden for 17 years, albeit it appears that she only moved 5 minutes down the road and simply changed her hair colour and that was enough to keep her safely hidden away from the dark under world that she used to inhabit just up the road at the Vipers club!

It's actually so bad that it's probably worth watching just for the chuckles - I'd struggle to give it more than one star but it was trending at number one on Netflix for quite some time, so maybe I was missing something... Anyone else?

I got roped into watching this with my partner, it was one of the worst things I have watched to conclusion ever. By the end it was just about amusing enough laughing at the ridiculous twists or inexplicable actions of the characters.

It was even a book!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Absolutely

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was third to join and he was already there. Glad I didn't engage him in conversation.I

(This will be intriguing for those that weren't there)

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Don’t Look Up

I thought it was part of a footie trilogy which included a fly on the wall doc following Eddie Howe at Newcastle called Don’t Fook Up

Along with (of course) the highly acclaimed Don’t Let it Bounce…

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Don’t look up is ok, at the craziness of politics, big business, the mega rich and how the majority of us get played and happily play along.

The end ruined it for me, there’s no way my wife would let me back in the house after an affair with a tv presenter, for a final supper before the impending doom, she would make me sit outside and whimper….

Also why does the girl and her boyfriend go to his house as well as the army general, do they not have family of their own…

Anyway, I doubt you would make it back in real life, you would be zapped just as your picking up your dogs poop in a plastic bag, or just finished power jetting the decking, not sat round a table holding hands, telling pleasant stories….

Just another fairytale ending to a catastrophic event….

Gotta love the movies eh

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Narcos Mexico is arguably the best of the series. Not sure whether it’s the range of characters, the story telling, it’s just got better and better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here