Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neil Warnock is the new Palace manager...

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Aren't you sweet :D Dream on though Booty. Reality is that we are £200 million better off than you, have a better academy in reality despite the current grading (it's gonna take years for you to catch up with what we have built, we have a reputation for bringing through quality, you certainly don't), have a passionate and loud support compared to your bunch of prawn sandwich brigade, and our squad of players compared to yours is properly the biggest gap in class between the 2 clubs in a long, long time.

In regards to Warnock, he's not my first choice but I am confident he will keep us up. We only have to finish 17th chaps, remember that. Our strong point is our defence, especially Ward, Dann and Kelly who are all excellent players and Warnock will keep us organised, fighting for every ball and hard to beat, just
like we were under Pulis, something we would have lost if we had of appointed someone like Sherwood.

Also looks like a certain winger who destroyed you the last time we played each other is on his way home...things are looking up after a tough couple of weeks :drink:

I understand where you are coming from there as we are only just starting and only have two current England U21's in our squad you must have 5 or 6, but I am struggling to name them at the moment.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Palace have had an amazing amount of luck since they wipped the slate clean and re-started in 2010. First Dougie got them sky high in the Championship getting paid a pittance, then Worzel took over and almost blew it, yet they scrapped into the play off's and then got them over the line. They mugged Man U for Wilf and got Tony P (were extremely lucky), then he saw the light

But Warnock, no doubt the cheap option for Parish that will come back to haunt him

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
I understand where you are coming from there as we are only just starting and only have two current England U21's in our squad you must have 5 or 6, but I am struggling to name them at the moment.

Shows the sad state of the English national teams that 2 average players such as Foster-Caskey and March can make the U21 squad. Most of our youngster's don't get a chance in our first team hence they don't get the exposure, top talents like Williams had to be loaned out last year, that's what happens when you're a Premiership club, it's harder to break through into the first team.

Honest question, who would you rather have, JFC or Jonathan Williams?

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Aren't you sweet :D Dream on though Booty. Reality is that we are £200 million better off than you, have a better academy in reality despite the current grading (it's gonna take years for you to catch up with what we have built, we have a reputation for bringing through quality, you certainly don't), have a passionate and loud support compared to your bunch of prawn sandwich brigade, and our squad of players compared to yours is properly the biggest gap in class between the 2 clubs in a long, long time.

In regards to Warnock, he's not my first choice but I am confident he will keep us up. We only have to finish 17th chaps, remember that. Our strong point is our defence, especially Ward, Dann and Kelly who are all excellent players and Warnock will keep us organised, fighting for every ball and hard to beat, just
like we were under Pulis, something we would have lost if we had of appointed someone like Sherwood.

Also looks like a certain winger who destroyed you the last time we played each other is on his way home...things are looking up after a tough couple of weeks :drink:

No club will ever prosper more from administration in a shorter time than CPFC2010, well at least you've made history at something

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I have no idea about the inside details of our finances, the fact one of our owners has come out and said we have £25 million to spend on players this transfer window gives me an indication that we are doing quite well though! I have no doubts that under this ownership we are spending within our means, if anything Parish and co are over-cautious in terms of spending, one f the reason Pulis left was because of this.

So you have significantly back tracked on the £200m 'you have' that you only posted a short while ago......and even £25m wasn't good enough to keep Pulis.

TBF Parish seems to understand the very harsh financial reality that will hit you if you get relegated. Not just the loss of revenues etc but the impact of transfer fees, wage bills and add-ons that would crucify you.

It will be interesting to see how content Warnock is. As suggested on the other thread I actually think he is a sensible appointment for you and being similar to Pulis is potentially a 'safe pair of hands'. I do wonder how long he would continue to see eye with Parish though?

Finally although the Premier League is the holy grail - it is also a poisoned chalice if you cannot survive there and can cause longer term damage to the survival of the club. I'm sure most Albion fans would love to see us get there, but on balance, not if it risks the long term of the club. There is much to be said for enjoying footie in the Championship.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
So you have significantly back tracked on the £200m 'you have' that you only posted a short while ago......and even £25m wasn't good enough to keep Pulis.

TBF Parish seems to understand the very harsh financial reality that will hit you if you get relegated. Not just the loss of revenues etc but the impact of transfer fees, wage bills and add-ons that would crucify you.

It will be interesting to see how content Warnock is. As suggested on the other thread I actually think he is a sensible appointment for you and being similar to Pulis is potentially a 'safe pair of hands'. I do wonder how long he would continue to see eye with Parish though?

Finally although the Premier League is the holy grail - it is also a poisoned chalice if you cannot survive there and can cause longer term damage to the survival of the club. I'm sure most Albion fans would love to see us get there, but on balance, not if it risks the long term of the club. There is much to be said for enjoying footie in the Championship.

The £200 million reference is in terms to the money we have banked from promotion and our second year in this league. Sky deal is £63 million each year, we made £10 million extra in prize money for finishing 11th, we get £60 million in parachute payments if/when we go down again, plus the club will be making more money in terms of increased ticket, food and drink and merchandise sales. Add in additional bumper sponsorship deals and I think my estimate is pretty fair.

I have no doubt we will be fine in terms of finances if we go down, Parish is not stupid and will be accounting for the event if the worst happened.

Feb 14, 2010
The palace chairman has explained on the radio that he turned down a world cup winner because he needed a manager that understood the "certain way that palace play football". In other word, they needed a manager who would get palace to try and kick their way to safety. Palace and wimbledon were always the same. Except palace had about 5000 more fans than wimbledon but Wimbledon won a major trophy doing it. Clubs like palace really are the reason why the England team are as poor as the are. Still the palace fan on the radio was saying how loud they were. Now remind me, how loud were they a home to Bristol City in the Championship with a gate of 11000 and less than 10,000 in the ground? Plastic fans and a long ball team. That's Crystal Palace.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Shows the sad state of the English national teams that 2 average players such as Foster-Caskey and March can make the U21 squad. Most of our youngster's don't get a chance in our first team hence they don't get the exposure, top talents like Williams had to be loaned out last year, that's what happens when you're a Premiership club, it's harder to break through into the first team.

Honest question, who would you rather have, JFC or Jonathan Williams?

I think I would choose JFC, Williams although a good player is a sick note .

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
The palace chairman has explained on the radio that he turned down a world cup winner because he needed a manager that understood the "certain way that palace play football". In other word, they needed a manager who would get palace to try and kick their way to safety. Palace and wimbledon were always the same. Except palace had about 5000 more fans than wimbledon but Wimbledon won a major trophy doing it. Clubs like palace really are the reason why the England team are as poor as the are. Still the palace fan on the radio was saying how loud they were. Now remind me, how loud were they a home to Bristol City in the Championship with a gate of 11000 and less than 10,000 in the ground? Plastic fans and a long ball team. That's Crystal Palace.

You're so dull and off the mark. How would know, you only watch Chelsea! And Under 11,000 v Bristol? Please stop talking BS, your making yourself a laughing stock :stupid:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
The £200 million reference is in terms to the money we have banked from promotion and our second year in this league. Sky deal is £63 million each year, we made £10 million extra in prize money for finishing 11th, we get £60 million in parachute payments if/when we go down again, plus the club will be making more money in terms of increased ticket, food and drink and merchandise sales. Add in additional bumper sponsorship deals and I think my estimate is pretty fair.

I have no doubt we will be fine in terms of finances if we go down, Parish is not stupid and will be accounting for the event if the worst happened.

I hope you are right and standing up to Pulis would seem to suggest that Parish recognises the gulf between the Prem money and parachute money.

The parachute money is no guarantee of long term survival. It wasn't enough to free your mate Dougie's hands at Bolton who are burdened with £50m+ debts and there are several other recent ex-Prem clubs who are teetering on the brink, because they cannot sustain life within the parachute money - and know that FFP looms thereafter.

Feb 14, 2010
You're so dull and off the mark. How would know, you only watch Chelsea!

So you didnt turn down a world cup winner for a manager who plays long ball football and kicks people off the park ? You didnt have less than 10000 in the ground (11K declared) for Bristol City and your support didnt grow by 10000 to 15000 overnight when you entered the premier league .. oh and how many grounds have you managed watching your lot, me, late 70's watching Brighton .. Plastic fans, long ball football. That's palace and you know it, that's why it hurts when we point it out.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
I hope you are right and standing up to Pulis would seem to suggest that Parish recognises the gulf between the Prem money and parachute money.

The parachute money is no guarantee of long term survival. It wasn't enough to free your mate Dougie's hands at Bolton who are burdened with £50m+ debts and there are several other recent ex-Prem clubs who are teetering on the brink, because they cannot sustain life within the parachute money - and know that FFP looms thereafter.

I agree with this, it doesn't guarantee anything. But feel we are in good hands with CPFC2010, even though it hurt to lose TP they did the right thing as they weren't willing to put the club in any financial danger.

Last edited:

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion but most neutrals without bias would pick Willams any day of the week if we are being honest.
Have you run some sort of poll to come up with that conclusion. Can I ask you to tell me the last time William's played three consecutive games for Palace first team.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
So you didnt turn down a world cup winner for a manager who plays long ball football and kicks people off the park ? You didnt have less than 10000 in the ground (11K declared) for Bristol City and your support didnt grow by 10000 to 15000 overnight when you entered the premier league .. oh and how many grounds have you managed watching your lot, me, late 70's watching Brighton .. Plastic fans, long ball football. That's palace and you know it, that's why it hurts when we point it out.

No to all points. That simple enough for you?

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Have you run some sort of poll to come up with that conclusion. Can I ask you to tell me the last time William's played three consecutive games for Palace first team.

He can't get in ahead of Ledley, Jedinak or Chamackh, no disgrace in that. He played quite a few consecutive games for Ipswich last year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here