Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neil Warnock is the new Palace manager...

Feb 14, 2010
No to all points. That simple enough for you?

Well

1. Your chairman said he turned down a world cup winner for Warnock who understood Pullis style of football
2. You did get 11000 declared (so sub 10000 in the ground) for championship Bristol City
3. You have got 10,000 /15000 more over night since premier league
4. And I take it you have not been to anywhere near 70 plus grounds watching your lot. Come back when you have.

Crystal Palace = Plastic fans, long ball football.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
The £200 million reference is in terms to the money we have banked from promotion and our second year in this league. Sky deal is £63 million each year, we made £10 million extra in prize money for finishing 11th, we get £60 million in parachute payments if/when we go down again, plus the club will be making more money in terms of increased ticket, food and drink and merchandise sales. Add in additional bumper sponsorship deals and I think my estimate is pretty fair.

I have no doubt we will be fine in terms of finances if we go down, Parish is not stupid and will be accounting for the event if the worst happened.

Isn't that about the same as what Tony Bloom has put in?

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Well

1. Your chairman said he turned down a world cup winner for Warnock who understood Pullis style of football
2. You did get 11000 declared (so sub 10000 in the ground) for championship Bristol City
3. You have got 10,000 /15000 more over night since premier league
4. And I take it you have not been to anywhere near 70 plus grounds watching your lot. Come back when you have.

Crystal Palace = Plastic fans, long ball football.

Please provide proof to points 1, 2 and 3 and then maybe, just maybe I'll start to believe you're not a troll.
In regard to point 4, I have been to around 50 away grounds, not bad for a 26 year old.

You call me a plastic fan yet you desert your own club and go and watch Chelsea. Dear oh dear :stupid:

Feb 14, 2010
Please provide proof to points 1, 2 and 3 and then maybe, just maybe I'll start to believe you're not a troll.
In regard to point 4, I have been to around 50 away grounds, not bad for a 26 year old.

You call me a plastic fan yet you desert your own club and go and watch Chelsea. Dear oh dear :stupid:

1. Radio 5 live tonight
2. Two seasons back, i assume you were not there like the rest of the missing thousands
3. You were lucky to pull in 15000 on a saturday with groupon and kids for a quid in the championship (you didnt even manage close to 20000 for us on a midweek and we sold our allocation)
4. 56, not bad just 20 plus more to go. When you get a bit older you might understand you get a job and live a life that fits that job, area you live and lifestyle,. I also watch Arsenal, Fulham, a few other London clubs, Leeds, Man United and well anyone if its work (even your lot). its what you do.

Plastic fans and long ball football. Terrible club to support are palace.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
1. Radio 5 live tonight
2. Two seasons back, i assume you were not there like the rest of the missing thousands
3. You were lucky to pull in 15000 on a saturday with groupon and kids for a quid in the championship (you didnt even manage close to 20000 for us on a midweek and we sold our allocation)
4. 56, not bad just 20 plus more to go. When you get a bit older you might understand you get a job and live a life that fits that job, area you live and lifestyle,. I also watch Arsenal, Fulham, a few other London clubs, Leeds, Man United and well anyone if its work (even your lot). its what you do.

Point 1, having just researched it a bit more was in reference to World Cup winner Fabio Cannarvaro, someone who has never managed before. Can't really blame Parish for giving him a miss considering we wanted someone with vast managerial experience.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...n-Steve-Parish-time-replacing-Tony-Pulis.html

Please provide me with a link to point 2 and 3 and I'll start to believe you're not a troll. For what it's worth I think your be searching all night. We have never got 11,000 or under v Bristol City in modern times and our attendances have not jumped by 15,000 since our promotion.

Point 4. You're plastic.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
First thoughts were joy at this appointment, & judging by their boards, a lot of CPFC fans have damp mattresses just now. But I'm not gloating yet, the irritating 'Colin' might just relight the Pulis fire, so as Julius Caesar allegedly said, respect your enemies...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Not my choice to be honest, but probably the best of a bad bunch.
He's the most suited for our squad, and with the new arrivals I'm hearing about,it's going to be exciting if nothing else.

Plus points:

He's cheap, he's available, he knows the club and chairman. His style of football isn't a million miles away from what the players will be familiar with under Pulis

Negative points:

He's been out of the game for 18 months, he's a pensioner, it's not ideal to be trying to sign players so late (but not, as we know impossible) in the window.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
What about the 12,757 against Cardiff on a saturday 3pm in September. Aswell as the fact your average gate throughout the season being 17,280. thats an average of 7,000 people extra for your Premiership season.

Luckily for us games are decided on who scores the most goals, not on the attendance.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
What about the 12,757 against Cardiff on a saturday 3pm in September.

I was there for that match as it happens (the Cardiff end I assure you). Bar the 'ultras' in the corner and the Welsh contingent, the crowd were as quiet as mice.

Zahahahaha

Aug 9, 2014
1. Radio 5 live tonight

I was enjoying reading this thread,i can completely understand most of you taking the rise as its what we do as rivals and its nice to see the few wise old owls reserving judgement until seasons end as this is football and anything can happen as we all know.Then i came across the puddles of vomit that you have spewed, i cant believe that someone who has allegedly visited as many away grounds and watched as much football can be so clueless about how it all works.There are no points for attendances believe it or not,and there are very few clubs whose attendance figures are not affected with regard to what division they are playing in and that would include yours.Yes there will be some fair weather fans or neutrals boosting the Selhurst crowd but that is as a result of our success in getting to the promised land that is the PL and its part and parcel of gaining promotion.As for " kicking our way to safety " we finished 9th in the PL Fair Play table last year but im sure you checked that before you made another puddle :sick: :tosser: "Clubs like palace really are the reason why the England team are as poor as the are." :mad::mad::mad:
I would suggest that instead of going to all these games and physically counting everyone in the ground like some sad train spotter at Clapham Junction you actually take the time to watch the big green bit that everyone is staring at as you might have some sort of understanding of what football is all about. :wanker:

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I was enjoying reading this thread,i can completely understand most of you taking the rise as its what we do as rivals and its nice to see the few wise old owls reserving judgement until seasons end as this is football and anything can happen as we all know.Then i came across the puddles of vomit that you have spewed, i cant believe that someone who has allegedly visited as many away grounds and watched as much football can be so clueless about how it all works.There are no points for attendances believe it or not,and there are very few clubs whose attendance figures are not affected with regard to what division they are playing in and that would include yours.Yes there will be some fair weather fans or neutrals boosting the Selhurst crowd but that is as a result of our success in getting to the promised land that is the PL and its part and parcel of gaining promotion.As for " kicking our way to safety " we finished 9th in the PL Fair Play table last year but im sure you checked that before you made another puddle :sick: :tosser: "Clubs like palace really are the reason why the England team are as poor as the are." :mad::mad::mad:
I would suggest that instead of going to all these games and physically counting everyone in the ground like some sad train spotter at Clapham Junction you actually take the time to watch the big green bit that everyone is staring at as you might have some sort of understanding of what football is all about. :wanker:

The use of smileys to illustrate points is the behaviour of a child. Also. If you don't like people taking the piss out of your pathetic clown festival of a club I suggest you run along back to jester chat with the other saddos.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013

It's nice that you've taken the time to construct a salient argument and reason with people.

There's less chance of being listened to when your use of grammar is so facking appalling.

Zahahahaha

Aug 9, 2014
The use of smileys to illustrate points is the behaviour of a child. Also. If you don't like people taking the piss out of your pathetic clown festival of a club I suggest you run along back to jester chat with the other saddos.

The National Clown Festival is being held at the Amex on Saturday where the 22 players on the pitch will make Poogate look like an extremely small lady fart.If ever there was a fixture to make even the most deprived people on this planet feel blessed its you lot against Charlietown.I will stop now out of pity as playing against Charlietown is enough of a reality check without a happy little supporter from the PREMIER LEAGUE coming on here and further rubbing your noses in the excrement you will have to endure on Saturday.Fair play to all of you that keep going back for more though,it must be like the Mrs giving you a handjob every night and repeatedly stopping just before you come while all the time taking £32 out of your pocket.

Mind the gap please.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here