Votes: 55 25.1%
  • No, I wouldn't be happy with him

Votes: 164 74.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Not in a million years thank you very much!

The Championship would be far too much of a step up from Celtic.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Somewhat surprised at the anti-Lennon feeling.

So he was in a league where he had comfortably the biggest budget granted but he can only beat whatever is put up against his side and he did that emphatically and with some style. The records kept on tumbling for Lennons Celtic vintage of recent years. It's also no means a gimmee for Celtic to win the league, just look at the struggles of John Barnes, Paul Le Guen and Tony Mowbray north of the border. Also their Champions League previous season was quite remarkable, had the lowest budget and beat Barca and qualified for the knockout stages when no-one gave them a hope in hell.

Wouldn't be my first choice but he's done everything and more expected of him at Celtic so I think he deserves a chance somewhere in English football, and whoever is bold enough to appoint him might reap the dividends.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I'm already filled with dread at some of the comments that would come from certain sections of our support if it didn't go well. No from me. I'm a big fan of his as a player and as a motivator but if I'm honest I'm not convinced at all by most of his signings or from the attitude/performance of this year's Celtic side.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
It wasn't the best of analogies, I'll admit. But come on, the disparity between the quality of Celtic and the quality of the other teams is immense. It's boring watching Celtic thrash the same teams week in, week out. Remember Oscar Garcia managed a top Israeli side before coming to Brighton, he may have won the League over there, but the English Football League is a whole other kettle of fish.

It's fair game that the Scottish league is poor but he done very well in Europe considering the opponents

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Having seen the comments and the poll on here, if Lennon was given the job it would be on par when Mike Ashley gave the Newcastle job to Joe Kinnear

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
He left Celtic due to a restricted budget, they out bid us for the dutch centre back last year, would be amazed if he is interested in dealing with a long term project that involves developing players rather than buying expensive ones.

Northern Monkey

Dec 5, 2012
Not for me. Tactically he's shocking, but then why would he need to be any good when his team just walks over their opposition most weeks?

Also, as much as I hate to say it, I think he'll see Brighton as being somehow beneath him and will be looking at either a team already in the Prem (West Brom) or a team with plenty of financial clout due to parachute payments (Norwich).

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Nope. Winning with Celtic is hardly an achievement and whilst the Euro bits were impressive I don't rate him higher than I would Steve Clarke.

It may have something to do with my inherent dislike of 'passionate' managers. If you're that angry on a touchline, that often, your players probably aren't paying you much attention in the first place.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
He left Celtic due to a restricted budget, they out bid us for the dutch centre back last year, would be amazed if he is interested in dealing with a long term project that involves developing players rather than buying expensive ones.

Uh, no they didn't. FC Groningen refused to sell Van Dijk until the end of the season because they really needed him. We never returned to bid for him and Celtic snapped him up. We bid around £2.5 and Celtic bidded 2.6, but they got him only because we never returned for him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He has only managed in a 3rd rate league where other than Celtic the teams are Div 1 standard so might as well go for div 1 manager.

The only plus would be if he could bring his centre back with him the one we were after.Van Dijk?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here