Neighbours smoking weed - making our life hell - advice

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Smoking weed to reduce the symptoms of MS may work but it also lands you with another load of health problems that come with smoking weed. Better off going to the GP and geting it in tablet form.

Strange how 3 consultants, 2 MS nurses and GP advised mrs to smoke a joint in the evening, or 2 if in severe pain. Totally different from a serial stoner. A bit like comparing someone who drinks a pint a day to someone who necks a bottle of vodka a day.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Strange how 3 consultants, 2 MS nurses and GP advised mrs to smoke a joint in the evening, or 2 if in severe pain. Totally different from a serial stoner. A bit like comparing someone who drinks a pint a day to someone who necks a bottle of vodka a day.

Funnily enough not that strange at all, it's quite common but smoking anything has it's inherant health risks.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Dull it may be ,but at least it makes sense.
This guy has a got a serious problem, and you think you are funny by taking the piss

It really isn't a serious problem. He's got a failure to man up problem

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I would love my other half to be able to relax - she now shudders at the thought of coming home in the evening!

Any advice would be welcome - should I start by keeping a diary of evidence? What do I do next...?

May I just say again, this isn't a faint whiff - it is a very strong smell.

Apologies if this sounds a bit harsh, but your other half seems just a tad highly strung. Is your life being made hell by proxy? Would you really REALLY even notice the sweet smell of weed if your other half hadn't built it up into such a big issue? Ten o'clock on a Saturday night, your neighbour's probably just starting to unwind after a long hard week, same as yourselves. If he came in at three in the morning and started playing shit music (and its ALWAYS shit music neighbours put on at that time in the morning) then you'd have a real problem. In the end you hold all the aces seeing as how its technically illegal, but live and live let on a Saturday night would seem like a good way forward. IMHO, like.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I'd recommend talking to your neighbours rather than taking police action. They may have MS and are legally taking the drug medicinally.

You cannot take it legally in the UK me or not.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
when we had a weed factory catch fire in our street - terraced - the old bill was asking a crowd of us gathered outside thanking our lucky stars the whole street didnt go up - if we had noticed the smell of cannabis in the street. everyone f***ing roared with laughter as one.

weed factorys in private houses are a f***ing curse. but agree with colossal squid on this. implying the fella is hen pecked or hasnt got the arsehole to sort out the neighbour is poor form. funny how weed arguments always bring out some clutching at straws arguments from the pro camp. Hes probably had a hard week! genius.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
when we had a weed factory catch fire in our street - terraced - the old bill was asking a crowd of us gathered outside thanking our lucky stars the whole street didnt go up - if we had noticed the smell of cannabis in the street. everyone f***ing roared with laughter as one.

weed factorys in private houses are a f***ing curse. but agree with colossal squid on this. implying the fella is hen pecked or hasnt got the arsehole to sort out the neighbour is poor form. funny how weed arguments always bring out some clutching at straws arguments from the pro camp. Hes probably had a hard week! genius.

IF it's a weed factory then of course you csn't go steaming in. IF it's just a couple having the odd smoke and growing s bit of personal then it really isn't poor form to suggest a bit of manning up is needed. Hence why this thread is a complete waste of time in terms of helping the OP. six pages later and literally none of us can say for certain which it is.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Not all pro arguments are clutching at straws, neither are all the anti arguments.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Must admit to ending up comprehensively ratted on friday, I awoke to a kitchen looking akin to a crime scene, lots of various comestibles consumed. Taking the pledge til wednesday at least now.

Jaipur does that to a man. I'm off back down there in an hour, I think I left my coat there on Friday ....... (..cough..)

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I don't know much about growing weed, cock all in fact but I would guess that if the smell of weed is coming through a solid brick wall there is prob something more than an end of week spliff going on in there.

Mine

Odious Bureaucrat
Sep 16, 2011
Sounds like you've done everything you can do outside of contacting the authorities. Given that, it may be time to let them know about it.

It is one matter to be a casual user, but quite another to be a grower and/or dealer of the product. The intensity of what you are describing seems to indicate something more than recreational use.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Thanks for the replies so far folks - I'm surprised by the amount and range of opinions. I haven't got time to reply fully now (I'm too busy being hen-pecked :p).

Having lived in student lets, I know what a bit of weed smells like (and have no objection), this is far stronger.

Will have another friendly word with them for now and see where it goes...

Mine

Odious Bureaucrat
Sep 16, 2011
Best of luck to you. I have a feeling the reply you receive may not be as friendly. But I hope I'm wrong and the response you get back is a lasting one this time.

C

CT1

Complain to them again about it, but this time do it when their stoned. Be weird and they'll just get paranoid. I aways spin out my friends when their getting high by acting out of character and generally saying things that make them paranoid. Its good fun as well mate! Don't grass though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports